**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

is ronin underrated?

I've noticed so many people think ronin is underrated. i have him as 5 star and 6 star, but i would rather use my 5/50 champs in aw, aq, and eq. basically anything that my 6 star ronin can cover, my other 4 star champs can cover, easily. his bleed makes him a viable option against thing, but i would rather bring my blade into aw to counter thing any day. his purify is sometimes useful, making him suicide friendly, but it is far too slow to counter biohazard. his damage is okay, but it takes a while to ramp up, and even then, my 4 stars still out damage him.

Comments

• Rerun_9Rerun_9 Posts: 109
    Not the greatest, but still really good. He was my main 5* champ that I used and I loved him. His bleeds are really good and once you can ramp up for a bit he has some good damage.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    He has a really smooth fighting style and is super fun too play.
    He was definitely nerfed before release though.
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 734 ★★★
    You have a 6* and youd rather use a 4* over him. I think thats telling you he isnt underrated but more exactly where he should be
  • YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    Repto23 said:

You have a 6* and youd rather use a 4* over him. I think thats telling you he isnt underrated but more exactly where he should be

no there are so many people in forums saying that ronin is underrated.
    Repto23 said:

no there are so many people in forums saying that ronin is underrated.

He's definitely underrated. I have an alliance member with a 6* r3 Ronin that regularly cuts down Thing bosses in AW. He was soloing them with a 6* r2 even before that.

He probably would still be better off bringing a 5/65 blade into war.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Sounds to me like you just don't like Ronin much. That's fine. There are some great champs I don't like using. Ronin can be a fun champ that does good damage. He isn't the best in the game but he is far from the worst. Ppl view him as underrated because he isn't talked about very often or even mentioned as a counter for bosses much. He is one of those champs that can get the job done as long as you know how to use him. I don't know why a person would bench a 6* Ronin in favor of a 4* champ unless they just don't care for his style.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

He's definitely underrated. I have an alliance member with a 6* r3 Ronin that regularly cuts down Thing bosses in AW. He was soloing them with a 6* r2 even before that.

Ronin is pretty good but not R3 worthy. Kudos to him though
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    If I ever get a 5* or 6* ronin I will max him to the highest level available. He is so fun to play and my best champion in the game

I love the hell out of mine. Six rank 2. Unduped. I use him all the time. Quirky. Fluid. Great to intercept with somehow. My go to AW boss Thing killer. I honestly like and use him way more than my maxed five star Nick Fury. If I ever dupe Ronin - I’m well over 50 six star pulls in and already have a rank 3 Namor, so I’m not the world’s biggest noob - I will take him to R3. One of my favorite champs. Period.

would you bring him into act 6?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Man, this thread is really making me wish I had Ronin.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★

Neotwism said:

Sounds to me like you just don't like Ronin much. That's fine. There are some great champs I don't like using. Ronin can be a fun champ that does good damage. He isn't the best in the game but he is far from the worst. Ppl view him as underrated because he isn't talked about very often or even mentioned as a counter for bosses much. He is one of those champs that can get the job done as long as you know how to use him. I don't know why a person would bench a 6* Ronin in favor of a 4* champ unless they just don't care for his style.

i do know how to use him, he was my first 6 star and one of my third 5 stars, ive had to use him a LOT in the lack of better champs. i actually pulled a 4 star version of ghost and corvus after i got him as a 5 star, and i prefer both of them over ronin. of course i would bench a ronin for a corvus, even as a 4 star ronin can cheese fights in aw that ronin as a 6 star would have trouble against.
    Name one place in the game where using a 4* Ronin would be better than using a 6* Ronin. You may be making some valid points but other comments just don't make much sense. A 6* has a higher health and attack than a 4* version of the same champ. I don't understand why you would rather use a 4* over a 6*.
    edited March 2020
    Neotwism said:

Neotwism said:

i do know how to use him, he was my first 6 star and one of my third 5 stars, ive had to use him a LOT in the lack of better champs. i actually pulled a 4 star version of ghost and corvus after i got him as a 5 star, and i prefer both of them over ronin. of course i would bench a ronin for a corvus, even as a 4 star ronin can cheese fights in aw that ronin as a 6 star would have trouble against.
    Name one place in the game where using a 4* Ronin would be better than using a 6* Ronin. You may be making some valid points but other comments just don't make much sense. A 6* has a higher health and attack than a 4* version of the same champ. I don't understand why you would rather use a 4* over a 6*.
    sorry dont know why i typed that i actually meant corvus smh. i made a mistake of course i woud use a 6 star version of a champ over a 4 star version of the the exact same champ. i meant to say that my 4 star corvus can easily counter tough aw defenders like imiw, sentinal, evade/auto block champs on stun immune nodes (wasp, nightcrawler, medusa, modok, etc.). a couple of days ago i soloed the 5/65 imiw boss with my 4 star corvus, he was down in around 30 hits. and its not just coruvs that i'd rather use over ronin, there are beasts like omega, havok, void, or even proxima (sometimes with corvus synergy) that can serve me a lot more purposes in aw than my ronin.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    Yep, he's one of those champs you never use of you have better champs. Just like 90% of other champs in the game. Such a balanced game to play
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    He’s a really underwhelming champ if you’re not getting into his damage loop. Line up his cruelty passives, precision passive, and his fury from sp3, and he does some pretty silly damage at that point. His mechanics are a little complicated, and his utility can leave you in a tight spot (if you’re in guard stance & get a debuff, you have to enter a new stance, then go back to guard). But he’s fun, has some great synergies, and his damage potential is pretty impressive. There may be “better champs”, but ronin is a great champ in his own rights & is an engaging champ to play. He’s underrated, in my opinion.