**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

It’s a fun time in the contest

spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
Easier than ever to take 5*s to r5, most players don’t have a lot of great 6/2 options let alone 6/3 and it’s impossible to 6/4 someone yet.

When we reached this threshold with 4*s it was a lot of fun because players started maxing out champs that were out of the ordinary.

So since resources are much less rare, do you plan on taking any unconventional 5*s to r5? Characters that you wouldn’t have before the glory store upgrade maybe?

On my list:
Old Man Logan (awakened)
Doc Ock (awakened)
Silver Surfer (gem available)
Morningstar (awakened)
Voodoo (awakened)
Crossbones (awakened)

I’ve also long been considering Gulk and Masacre, but have held off because they’re unawakened and available as 6*s.

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Surfer is not unconventional, almost every top player has a maxed 5 star surfer for prestige
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    Seatin took both old man Logan and doc ock to 5/65. Both are not bad options. Everyone looking for prestige maxed out silver surfer a year ago...(sorry) I've seen some people r5 Morningstar and she's actually a great champ. As far as voodoo and crossbones a lot of players have them at r4. I don't think r5 is gonna be much of a difference. But if you like their playstyles and want to then they're not bad options at all.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★

Easier than ever to take 5*s to r5, most players don’t have a lot of great 6/2 options let alone 6/3 and it’s impossible to 6/4 someone yet.

When we reached this threshold with 4*s it was a lot of fun because players started maxing out champs that were out of the ordinary.

So since resources are much less rare, do you plan on taking any unconventional 5*s to r5? Characters that you wouldn’t have before the glory store upgrade maybe?

On my list:
    Old Man Logan (awakened)
    Doc Ock (awakened)
    Silver Surfer (gem available)
    Morningstar (awakened)
    Voodoo (awakened)
    Crossbones (awakened)

I’ve also long been considering Gulk and Masacre, but have held off because they’re unawakened and available as 6*s.

I don't consider Doc Ock and Voodoo out of the ordinary, especially Voodoo, and I can't say resources are so easy to obtain to rank up unconventional champs.

Anyway, with sort of unlimited resource, I'b be curious to see what a R5 Nebula, Winter Soldier and Psylocke could do.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    OML is a good bet. The buff really made him better. Morningstar if you're used to her. Great Damage. Voodoo has always been a useful option.
  • LexSaviLexSavi Posts: 160
    I’ve always been curious what a maxed out Antman with full sig could do with his entire synergy team. The amount he’d be glancing would proc a ton of furies making me think he’d do some nasty damage. Worst case scenario, he’d be a nightmare defender at R5/R2 with full sig.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I guess when I speak of unconventional, I’m referring to personal tastes. I know people have r5ed all the ones I’ve listed, but I wouldn’t have with resources being as scarce as they were. That’s really what I was intending when I was asking, looking for what champ you are considering taking to r5 that would be unconventional for you personally.

And yeah, tons of people took Surfer up for the prestige, but I’m actually looking to do it because I think I might like him.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    LexSavi said:

I’ve always been curious what a maxed out Antman with full sig could do with his entire synergy team. The amount he’d be glancing would proc a ton of furies making me think he’d do some nasty damage. Worst case scenario, he’d be a nightmare defender at R5/R2 with full sig.

I’ve always wanted to come across one to place on an all or nothing node, but haven’t found one yet.