**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Second thing on map 7

Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
Second thing on map 7 is quite ridiculous.

First, mesmerize is the dumbest node in the game. 7% operates more like 25%. Or, like today, my first hit into him his block he evaded and instant kills me.

However, you can play around it sometimes. But when you add in mighty charge it becomes a little ridiculous on thing. You can’t place a slow on him bc of that and you really can’t parry to prevent evades that way. And let’s not forget that the node also has kinetic transference so he is constantly gaining power.

AQ is not event quest. People can’t sit and revive/heal to clear insane stuff like this. You need to tone down the second thing. Either replace mighty charge or mesmerize so that there are options for playing him. Outside of using quake, would love to know what champ kabam believes has even a chance to reliably kill him there.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Re-parry’s wil works ikow it isn’t the best or nick fuvr
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Re: night thrasher. Your plan is to just medium medium the whole fight? How do you plan to deal with mighty charge at that point?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Quake is the solution to both thing minis, but yeah, the 2nd has 1 node too many imo
  • SværdetSværdet Posts: 9
    I agree that he's too much.

The godly Quake players who doesn't need to parry will have a good time. Other than that SG and She-hulk seems like great answers and NF should do well.
    Sværdet said:

The godly Quake players who doesn't need to parry will have a good time. Other than that SG and She-hulk seems like great answers and NF should do well.

Mighty charge means spider Gwen, she hulk, stealth don’t work (it cancels the slow debuff)
    I’m curious if anyone posting on this thread fought and soloed the second thing today
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Sværdet said:

Nick's fury in his real form will just have him triggering protection constantly
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    Didn't do Map 7 on day 1 but we are doing Map 7 for Day 2. i'm planning on bring Claire. In my opinion, she is one of the best Thing counters if you can parry. Claire is my Thing killer in war all the time if it's a stun-able node. Albeit, you will need to double parry, double parry and heavy all the way to L3 and repeat. Not sure how much health these Thing minis have and if you will time out but at 20 charges (and making sure you launch when Thing doesn't have protection enabled already), he goes down pretty quick.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Thank you for starting this thread. We used quake for day 1 but we need more options because as you know she is incredibly hard to play.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    0din said:

Holy **** that is nice
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Sværdet said:

You can’t really slow because of mighty charge
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Sværdet said:

Nick's fury in his real form will just have him triggering protection constantly
    Hmm then don’t kil him of.
  • samalasravansamalasravan Posts: 163
    Moleman he has true strike at start of the match
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★
    I don't even do Map 7 and can only imagine what fighting that Thing is like lol.... Especially on Day 5
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    We have a quake guy for it so we’re covered
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    First thing is just straightforward fight with stealthy but yeah that second one is a pure quake fight
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I just used a 6* r3 Emma Frost this morning. I took off about 40% before falling out of the rhythm. Keep in mind, Mutant ascendancy is on, so Emma got +40% attack.

Thing's normal abilities as a defender force you to balance rock stacks and his power bars.

When you add in Mesmerize AND Kinetic Transference AND Mighty Charge on top of his mini boss level stat boosts, it's a bit much.

I think he needs to be toned down the way they toned down the Map 5 Hyperion when he was released.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Yeah its a terrible game design to have only one counter. I'm a descent quake guy and can solo Thing 7 times out of 10 but I have to move around a whole bg just to deal with Thing who is 10x's harder than the main boss Doom. Kabam needs to remove the mesmerize node or mighty charge to make it a reasonable fight.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Yeah its a terrible game design to have only one counter. I'm a descent quake guy and can solo Thing 7 times out of 10 but I have to move around a whole bg just to deal with Thing who is 10x's harder than the main boss Doom. Kabam needs to remove the mesmerize node or mighty charge to make it a reasonable fight.

I agree. Removing one or the other would be a big step toward making him more reasonable to fight. He'd still be a challenge, but options would suddenly open up rather than having to rely on Quake.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★

I agree. You can't have one option for fighting a MINI BOSS. Terrible game design. Please remove on or both mesmerize and mighty charge.

Also, I listened to the devs on you tube for incursions yesterday, it's clear they play this game. Can you please put devs who actually play this game in charge of AQ and AW as well? Because it's obvious the devs in charge of AQ and AW are level 10 and have no idea how to play this game. Thanks.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Ghost works a little bit I guess
  • SvntyoneXSvntyoneX Posts: 8
    edited April 2020
    Second Thing is impossible to one shot without using Quake. Kabam do you even try these new mini bosses before adding them to the game? Someone from Kabam can please send us a video of one shotting second Thing without using Quake because i think its a April fools joke! What do you expect from us to kill that Thing? Whats the purpose of giving him the Mighty Charge node.. he removes all debuffs so you cant give him debuffs, you cant parry him, you cant block him, you cant intercept him... is this a joke or what? That Thing has 350k HP and its second day. Its even hard to one shot him without any nodes in 3 minutes. I dont understand at all.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
    I used she hulk in one go ... Not a problem! Hes abit op yeah but easily doable