**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is unawakened Cull Obsidian still worth anything after the "nerf"?

MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
I know this is late but he's been sitting on my roster, gathering dust and i figured that i would somehow make a use of him. So is this chunky lad worth anything?

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    I just pulled a 5* cull and wouldn't mind hearing from the crowd too.
  • SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    He is not good for endgame content that's for sure. Against any defenders with strong attack his health goes down quite fast because of low block proficiency. And because he has to parry to get a start it only makes thing worse.

But for endgame content I mean 6.3 onwards, so he still is very good for any content before that and also variant 2. He helped me quite a lot there.

I got him rank 5 and didn't sell him.
  • FeroX_the_fat_heringFeroX_the_fat_hering Posts: 311 ★★
    Yeah I pulled him before the rebalance and I say rebalance because in my opinion he isn’t nerfed. The armor breaks went 1400 something to 1100 something, but they last longer and instead of 50% armor break chance it’s 75%, this is really helpful to ramp him up.

He doesn’t do the same amount of damage as he used to do, but I don’t really notice. The problem with Cull is not his ‘nerf’ but his hype.

In the game you have Quake and Ghost who are basically the Ronaldo and Messi in the game.

Then you have Corvus, Cap IW, Domino etc.

The next tier would include champs like Doc Oc and Killmonger etc.

Then Spider-man symbiote, psylocke etc.

With all those videos coming out with Cull doing crazy damage (which he still does), people placed him in the highest tier, but he never belonged there due to his weaknesses he always had.
    He belongs in the tier with Killmonger and the likes, so by comparison people think he is weak because their expectations didn’t meet the (over)hype and now he is nerfed too! Thanks Kabam!

Cull doesn’t belong in the top 5 champs, in fact I think most people wouldn’t put him in the top 5 of cosmics. Same goes for Doc Oc in tech. But where Doc Oc was underrated and now overshadowed, Cull shined too bright and burned out.

If you like his play style and/or the character you’ll definitely enjoy him, I still laugh when the opponent is long dead and Cull is still swinging and roaring with his rout buff on, so much overkill.

Could he fit in your main team as a damage dealer? Yes and no.

You’re main team should consist of champs who can handle different champs and/or nodes. He can parry non contact opponents, very useful. No evade with 5+ charges. So he does bring some utilities.

His survivability isn’t all that, block proficiency is low, that’s his big weakness and the fact he needs to be charged up but that is simultaneously his biggest strength. I bring also domino as damage dealer in case I mess up with Cull.

If you want a cosmic champ that’s going to bring you to the next level, then I would hold on to your resources till you get either Corvus, Hyperion, Medusa or Captain Marvel (my favorite).
    His competition are Venom, Carnage, Vision Aarkhus, VTD, all very excellent champs who most definitely can bring you to the next level.

Cull Obsidian doesn’t need to be awakened per se, you just get one rout buff instead of unlimited, but in most fights you just need one, he is not suited for lol and rol. AW and AQ depends on your level but the chip damage he takes makes him mid tier. Story quest, event quest and variant 2 is where he belongs.

So yes he is worth it and can take you most definitely to the next level, it’s just that there are others cosmics that will take you to the next.

Proof of my roster, main team is going to be Dom, Cull, Killmonger, Void, Warlock. They all have their roles to play and he fits in nicely, very happy with him.

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    Whats the best way to play an unduped cull?

Whats the best way to play an unduped cull?

In general; get a couple of armor breaks in, activate rout, launch special, laugh or roar, twist mustache (optional).

Also, I recommend watching ‘how to use guide’ on youtube, most videos are just over 10 min, so watch it 2 or 3 times over a period when you can find the time, it’s going to improve your skills tremendously

I usually watch Jason Voorhees, but there are numerous of youtubers.

Cull obsidian’s playstyle hasn’t really changed after the rebalance
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    @FeroX_the_fat_hering Well my usual team is Human Torch, Stealth Spidey, 5* mysterio, 5* gwenpool and awakened sentinel (Domino in some cases) in that case...
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    My other decent cosmic is Venom the Duck but goddamit i want Captain marvel movie so badly

My other decent cosmic is Venom the Duck but goddamit i want Captain marvel movie so badly

She is my most desired 5* champ as well
    I save up my 5* shards to open a bunch at the same time instead of opening one by one, better chance to pull a good one

Since I have awesome 5 stars now, I save my 5* shards, probably till cyber Monday because i have planned to become cavalier just before that. Hopefully I pull her then