**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Baron War selection issues [title edited for clarity]

Comments

• YuvallaviYuvallavi Posts: 3
    7 hours and counting, no response from support. Hope it will be solved soon, the impact gets worse the more time it takes
  • I am experiencing the same issue.
  • IlikeblanketsIlikeblankets Posts: 56
    edited April 2020
    I did a post on this, it forces you to chose the other side. If you don't it will keep kicking you out of the game.
  • Mr_Rager27Mr_Rager27 Posts: 35
    THIS BLOWS
  • Chris6485Chris6485 Posts: 35
    Hour 7+, still no answers aside from Kabam is aware and looking into it. Is this going to be fixed today? At this point, are us affected by it going to see any compensation on this issue? I would like any update on this, aside from you're aware of it.
  • BigdawgBigdawg Posts: 27
    I've got the same issue. Just in case this isn't fixed soon - I was able to force close and log back in to claim daily rewards before being hit with the loop again. At least I won't miss my 6* shards/t2 alpha at the end of the month. GL people! Hopefully its cleared up soon with possible compensation....
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 528 ★★★
    Same thing happening here completely stuck I’ve already completed master and epic and now I just logged back in and it’s asking me to choose a side again. Deleted the app reinstalled logged out logged in the screen keeps popping up with a disconnection error in the corner!
  • KingRebel87KingRebel87 Posts: 14
    This is ridiculous, ppl are missing aq, could end up hurting their alliances
  • frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 309 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

We're looking for an update on this please. We know that you're aware of the issue. However.....we would like some assurance that this is still actively being worked on or have some ETA so we can let alliance mates know so they can make arrangements in Alliance War or AQ. Please understand our frustration in not being able to compete/play for rewards, the loss of expiring items (such as all the free energy refills you gave us. thanks for that btw!) and the negative impact this has on our alliances. Communication back to your player-base goes a long way in alleviating our concerns and anxiety that this issue will be resolved quickly.
    Hour 8+, still waiting for a response on this or update at the very least. For many of us, we have fallen significantly behind on this months event quests and this arena. AQ, well we have already screwed our alliances on this. Some of us will be unfortunately out of an alliance by the time this is resolved. We've had the same questions unanswered in this thread for hours. A simple yes or no isn't hard to do when we've asked if there will be a ban if we choose the other options.

I'm beyond frustrated. This had been prime time for me today. Time for arena and event quests and a chance to finish my completion run in 6.4.6 after I wrapped of UC this month. After farming for days to get revives I was ready to go and get things wrapped up before a new arena begins tomorrow.
  • BigdawgBigdawg Posts: 27
    edited April 2020

This is ridiculous, ppl are missing aq, could end up hurting their alliances

Yea... And for us arena grinders the milestone rewards/units we are missing is massive!!
  • DougfullDougfull Posts: 2

I will miss the events and AQ, AW, i will be expelled from aly
  • DaffmanDaffman Posts: 0
    Hello dear developers. A new update for the Contest Of Champions game was released yesterday. When entering the game, you had to choose a side . Apocalypse or Rejection . When you try to click on the side of the Apocalypse, the game freezes. I rebooted the game and reinstalled it, but it didn't work. I had to click on the rejection side, only in this case, the game worked. I am absolutely not satisfied with this choice, but I was forced to make it. Please fix this. I want to choose the side of the Apocalypse. With love, your Daffman from Russia. <3
  • SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 341 ★★★
    Kabam isn’t going to answer tonight. Just bite the bullet and choose the other side to get into game and use some self control.

Don’t fight the other quest, and try not to spend what you gained from the side you prefer.

You really only have to worry about violating TOS if you are exploiting the bug, not using it to get into the actual game and do AQ or place your champs on defense!

Kabam isn’t going to answer tonight. Just bite the bullet and choose the other side to get into game and use some self control.

Don’t fight the other quest, and try not to spend what you gained from the side you prefer.

You really only have to worry about violating TOS if you are exploiting the bug, not using it to get into the actual game and do AQ or place your champs on defense!

I'm sorry, do you work for Kabam? Telling people to do this without confirmation that no action will be taken is not exactly something you should be doing. You don't know what they'll do to accounts that pick the other side. They've seen the question already multiple times when editing and pruning this topic and have had plenty of chance to say "it's fine to enter this way", but they haven't. I don't know about you, but I've invested to much time and money into my account to risk them banning or suspending it.
  • frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Chris6485 said:

I'm sorry, do you work for Kabam? Telling people to do this without confirmation that no action will be taken is not exactly something you should be doing. You don't know what they'll do to accounts that pick the other side. They've seen the question already multiple times when editing and pruning this topic and have had plenty of chance to say "it's fine to enter this way", but they haven't. I don't know about you, but I've invested to much time and money into my account to risk them banning or suspending it.
    If you know which side you were going to choose, don't do the other side quest. It's LITERALLY that simple. Asking Kabam..."Hey....I know this isn't supposed to be here, but can I take advantage anyway?" is just ridiculous. Some of us can't get into the game AT ALL....while you are fussing about....wondering if you can take advantage of something you know you shouldn't.
    Except it's not that simple, or kabam would have told people to click on the other choice to get in and just don't do the quest you don't want rewards from. They haven't said that, so no I'm not fussing about taking advantage of anything, I'm fussing over no one responding to our questions in over 10 hours since it's gone down. Since they won't give an answer, I cannot get in the game.
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    I hope they can fix it soon. I feel really bad for those affected personally but it also effects every alliance member in their alliance since

That don’t work. Game gets stuck no matter what side you pick.
  • yodha2020yodha2020 Posts: 8
    Same issue from last night.
    Restarted, reinstalled the app. Nothing happening after selecting the side, going to connection time out.

Fix this ASAP. This is impacting AQ, AW and my resources are getting expired meanwhile.
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Zibiit
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Lyra
    @Kabam Porthos
  • Salman403Salman403 Posts: 4
    This is so annoying everyone in game have access to play and some summoners facing this issue
  • KtashakKtashak Posts: 225
    edited April 2020
    frodo2377 said:

Chris6485 said:

If you know which side you were going to choose, don't do the other side quest. It's LITERALLY that simple. Asking Kabam..."Hey....I know this isn't supposed to be here, but can I take advantage anyway?" is just ridiculous. Some of us can't get into the game AT ALL....while you are fussing about....wondering if you can take advantage of something you know you shouldn't.
    And now imagine, there is player who joined the game last month (for example) and he has NO clue that is (maybe) not allowed.. Wil be banned just for his lack of experience?
    Also - Kabam had ~12 hours to tell what to do / not to do.. They said nothing
    Also - This is not OUR (players) fault, but their (very likely).. So we are clicking what the game allows for us - we are not breaking the TOS (not using 3rd party software, not sharing accounts) , and we are not informed that is not allowed to run both quests.
    Also - If this is against TOS - kabam can simply send an in-game message - can't touch this.. and problem solved. this one also not happened..

so now what? to risk to be "punished" for not knowing what to do and lose hope for AQ exploration, or help the teammates with the AQ, also with the other content/arenas?? Hard question, with not clear answer
  • redfury_21redfury_21 Posts: 7
    Also having the same issue but this time the 'Choose a Side' window is not even appearing on the home screen after I claimed it in my inbox.

In-Game Name: redfury_21
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Device OS: Android version 9
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 26.1.0

Hoping for a quick response because I'm stuck on the home screen. Thanks.

• Salman403Salman403 Posts: 4
    Here is the link to a video which @Kabam Zibiit has asked for take a look into to this and fix this ASAP. https://youtu.be/Vavvlrd6qwY
  • MtnBtsMtnBts Posts: 1

@Kabam Miike hace horas q no puedo entrar por este error me van a expulsar de la alianza si no lo solucionan rápido por favor denme una respuesta
  • SekacccSekaccc Posts: 4
    I have the same problem.
  • STGU_AfantomenSTGU_Afantomen Posts: 8
    Need to get this fixed ASAP,

• accelerator_181accelerator_181 Posts: 14
    I am not taking any rewards from the side that is unlocked and i did not choose but i am playing the game event quest and my special objectives are being conpleted. Hope i dont get banned because i not playing on side quest i am playing event quest.
    Kabam pls fix this!!!!! any reply concerning to special objectives being completed would be appreciated. Thanks !
  • sdolguisdolgui Posts: 4
    DruZod said:

I have also been experiencing this problem for about 30 minutes or so.
    I selected the item from my inbox and chose a side, then after I went back to the home screen, I found more of the item in my inventory, and when collecting the second one, it asked me to pick a side again.
    Now I cannot get into the game.

The same problem.

honor 8 pro
This discussion has been closed.