**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Regarding Cavalier EQ Difficulty

We know that Cavalier EQ diffuculty is (somewhat) in the works and is projected to come out sometime this year, what we dont know is if certain features from Act 6 will be incorporated into the difficulty every single month. Such as Champion gates and 4 star bans.
To any Devs reading this; are you aware of any details regarding this topic ? (Most importantly 4* bans)

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    Well I think EQs will always be separate from things used in story like gates and * bans. I'd wager the nodes would be cavalier difficulty though
  • LordScatsburyLordScatsbury Posts: 174
    @Terra I do hope there are no champion restrictions, just because its not permanent content and everyone should be given a chance to give it their all.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    This is complete speculation but I think there may be class gates as well as potential 4 Star gates. While I see what your saying about restrictions - Cavalier rewards will be awesome, so Kabam will want to make money - having class gates and Star gates will encourage people to buy crystals or brainstorm how to use the champions in their roster. I don’t have an extensive 5 star roster, so it would force me to rank up champs and use lesser quality champs, which I understand can seem unfair but, if the rewards are great, I’m honestly fine with it.

As a dolphin, I can say that class gates and Star gates actually challenge you to be a better player because you can’t just use the same champs. There’s clearly a disparity amongst the whales and the minnows, but that’s really just the way of the world.

The idea is that Cavalier EQ should be challenging and class gates (and possibly star gates) would definitely do that.

I also think there may be global nodes for each chapter - like stun immune, all or nothing, or biohazard. Right now, I can do Uncollected EQ without using any units. I’m fairly positive that Cavalier EQ will force me to use some (which I’m okay with).
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    Like when they introduced UC difficulty, I can see Cavalier to be an increase in opponent strength/difficulty and include more difficult nodes. I don't anticipate gates, but the difficulty should make it extremely hard for non cavalier players.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

This is complete speculation but I think there may be class gates as well as potential 4 Star gates. While I see what your saying about restrictions - Cavalier rewards will be awesome, so Kabam will want to make money - having class gates and Star gates will encourage people to buy crystals or brainstorm how to use the champions in their roster. I don’t have an extensive 5 star roster, so it would force me to rank up champs and use lesser quality champs, which I understand can seem unfair but, if the rewards are great, I’m honestly fine with it.

As a dolphin, I can say that class gates and Star gates actually challenge you to be a better player because you can’t just use the same champs. There’s clearly a disparity amongst the whales and the minnows, but that’s really just the way of the world.

The idea is that Cavalier EQ should be challenging and class gates (and possibly star gates) would definitely do that.

I also think there may be global nodes for each chapter - like stun immune, all or nothing, or biohazard. Right now, I can do Uncollected EQ without using any units. I’m fairly positive that Cavalier EQ will force me to use some (which I’m okay with).

Lmao you called yourself a dolphin. Hahaha I chuckled.
  • LordScatsburyLordScatsbury Posts: 174
    @Disgruntled_User_123 I definately hope the difficulty increases a ton, but i dont think gates are the way to do it.
    Im in the same situation as you, not having that extensive of a 5/6 star roster (2 5/56 Champs and 4 Six stars). I have no problem with champion gates, but definately not Star Gates. Kabam knows that the gates in 6.2 were not that popular as a whole, and i trust them to make a killer cavalier difficulty since theyve been absolutely nailing content recently (6.4 and this months side event have been incredible additions )
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I can't say whether they will or will not use Gates in Cav. I can say that I don't believe it will be the main focus. The point of those 4* Gates was to separate Players based on progress by measure of their Roster. The main reason I can see for this is access to Cavalier Rewards which would bypass a great deal of growth in the game. Since they would have to meet that requirement to access Cavalier, I don't see it having a purpose. Then again, they could as a safety measure. I have no idea for certain.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    I dont forsee gates like 6.2 but i do forsee only being able to use 5* and up. Mainly for 2 reasons. The first being that if your at Cavalier progression you dont really need 4* anyways and the second reason being i believe well be getting a few t5cc frag crystals like maybe 10 or 20 for exploring a cavalier difficulty. 4* and below have zero use for that so why would you use them. If people have a problem with not having full synergy teams as 5*+, then itll force you to think outside the box and make some rank ups you probably wouldnt normally do, and that is the core of what an RPG style game is all about.