**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Medusa irrelevant in the current meta?

SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
This is something I’ve been debating for a while. I have a r4 5* Medusa and I haven’t used her in months now. I never have the need to use her in act 6 or any variant except v1. She has only on major piece of utility (being able to shut down robots) but this is something that’s extremely niche. Her poison immunity is her only other piece of utility. She has some great damage output with synergies, but I haven’t seen any recent use of her for anything in the endgame. What’s your opinion on Medusa? I personally use Cap marvel movie or Hyperion much much more than her

Comments

• LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Not irrelevant, but Corvus Captain Marvel and Hyperion are all superior to her
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I was going to take my medusa to R3/45 but this kinda changed my mind.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    As far as war defense, I rarely ever see a kill from a 5/65 anymore on any node.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    naikavon said:

I was going to take my medusa to R3/45 but this kinda changed my mind.

Why? If you are at a point in the game where you are worried about the resources for a r3 5 star, she is still valuable for you.

At the point she "loses" value the resources for r3 don't really matter all that much.

Medusa was my first 5 star that was decent. She was essential in obtaining uncollected ( damn near one shot him my very first try). And she was my AQ staple for all the pesky robots.

Now if you have all the other cosmic champs right now then yeah forget about her and focus on them but waiting around for specific champs....you might be waiting a while. Take me for example, all that I have left is abyss. I don't have an Aegon. I don't have a nick, or a doom, or a torch. I've been waiting months for any of them actively trying the featured for doom (when he was in it). Nada. So don't wait, use who you've got.
    I don't really enjoy her playstyle and I find myself never using her for anything. My doom can clear most content by himself and I don't see any content I would use her in. I would much rather 5/50 surfer who I actually enjoy playing. Medusa has her uses but I just can't see myself ever really using her that often. The only thing I would really do is put her on AWD.
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 358 ★★★
    I have a rank 4 Medusa and a rank 5 Sparkles with Nick and Quake forming my core 3 for questing. There are still times where I swap out my sparkles for Medusa as there are robots every EQ. While Sparkles takes them too, Medusa makes it easy. I also love using her still for KM and BPCW.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    She is still very useful, especially for variant 1. She still destroys any robot. Are there better, yes, but only a few.

She's been one that's avoiding me, can't wait till I get her as a 5.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    I agree that CMM and Hyp have a big edge on Medusa, espacially CMM for end game players.

I am cavalier, but have not done variant 1 yet. So I recently R5 my duped 5* Medusa. No regrets and she is awsome against Tech and robots.

When I look at my roster she is a nice addtion to my team, as I have venum for the annoying spiderverse defender, Caiw duped for a wide range of nodes and fights, Quake for the annoying nodes and content....

So if your looking for an addition to your team, Medusa is a great addition. If your looking for a banger, that can tackle a bunch of content regardless of the defender and node... they are better option.

In the end , like i always say.... your choice
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    I only have 40 five start champs but just 10 mins ago I used a generic awakening gem on her and ranked 4 her on my alt account. She's awesome. No one will have regrets taking her up.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 297 ★★★
    edited April 2020

If you don't enjoy her playstyle that's a valid reason to not rank her up. Nothing wrong with that.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    No, if the enemy's a robot, she's the best possible option.
  • TxEvil1TxEvil1 Posts: 9
    Medusa R5 is great , I don’t regret unless you have better heroes
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    I have CMM and for robots I still use medusa. Esp when im going for elders bane she’s going to put in work vs ultron
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    She’s not irrelevant but she’s no longer a top option, she still has use, still a top robot counter no matter where you are, but besides countering robots her damage just isn’t enough, she’s gone from a versitile champ who hits hard to pretty much just a robot counter when it comes to later act 6 content, sort of how blade has gone from being a champ used for basically every villain and mystic to a champ used mainly for magik and certain nodes like gimme
  • BendersBountyBendersBounty Posts: 160
    No way man. She still is a extremely good counter to a lot of opponents. Any robot and she is the best option, 100%. And most importantly, she is one of the top 2 counter to 6.2.2 Mr Sinister who is a pain to get through. Just cause she doesn’t directly counter something doesn’t mean she is not important. I use her all the time in my endgame content
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Then place her as defender in AW if you dun use her in story quests.

Medusa is still one of the best champs in the current game context.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Anytime I see a robot, she's in my team and just glides through them like a hot knife through butter... and there are robots in Act 6 so no, she's def not irrelevant.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    She's essentially the cosmic Blade