**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hulk Buster Discussion [Remember to give your feedback in the Beta Forum!]

Comments

• CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    edited April 2020
    I got a fight off with him. Unblockable specials and shocks on heavies were nice. I don’t see myself using him much still though over other champs. He’s definitely improved. Although that’s just from one fight before the game froze up on me. So he might be better and I just haven’t used him right yet.
  • BuddHa78BuddHa78 Posts: 2
    @SentryPillow Thanks, bud. Now if it will stop loading, I'll check it out. Cheers.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    The Hulkbuster beta went live (sort of) and already we've a screenshot of his abilities. Here's the link: https://i.redd.it/349tr1zvm8r41.jpg.

It is a 1/25 sig 1 Hulkbuster, so don't expect too crazy numbers.

So let's see. We already have two modes: one for offence (Giant Buster) and one for defence (Iron Wall). I would say a good call of Kabam. Either way, you start the fight with one indefinite Armor Up and you gain one every 15 seconds, however, it is immediately capped at 2 for offence and 4 for defence. The numbers don't impress me. 355.29? 670.58 for offence and 1341.16 for defence? That's pretty much nothing at all. Defensively, there are so many armor break and nullify champions that can easily rip those off and don't even sweat. I guess nice for Havok, but that's it.

When you go below 15%, you get (another? not clear from the description if this ignores max stack) an Armor Up buff, two even when on defence. Annoying, probably, chipping away the damage boost from Assasin, but nothing an Armor Break or nullify champion can't handle.

One silver lining: the armor rating is irrelevant. It is the massive energy resistance (814.29), increased critical damage rating (79.17), decrease in bleed & poison debuff potency (25%), offensive AAR (20%) and decreased critical damage (124.3)each. So after 15 seconds, that Iceman coldsnap won't feel much (even though most of the damage will be done then). Archangel will have a tough time bleeding him. You might be able to survive a Havok SP3. Yeah, I see some potential here. But that's mostly defensive, so if you #gitgud that might not even exist. The critical damage rating is just poor, especially as your amount of Armor Up buffs is limited. Hulkbuster will be a pain on defence, but once you bring a cosmic, armor break or nullify champion, it will be alright.

While on offence, you get a walloping +15% attack rating based on size. Very underwhelming. +17% attack rating for each shock effect. You can apply shock effects three ways: 1) with the SP3, you have a 80% chance each to proc up to three, so only 51% to proc all three, 2) when struck with a critical hit he has 60% chance to inflict one in exchange of an armor up and 3) with each heavy attack.

It seems a case of unavoidable damage: he procs one armor up buff every 15 seconds, and you have a 60% chance to remove it with every crit in exchange for a shock effect. Easy counter: Doom. And Thing, who is shock immune and can stagger as well. Electro, if you've no other option. 40% of the attack rating isn't that much, mostly an issue on high stacked opponents.

A nice bonus, but it will not be game changing. 10 seconds is really short, it will intensive to keep it up and it just doesn't pay off. Let's say you got three of those, do the SP3 and have the coin flip fall in your favor. You are rewarded with 102% extra attack rating. Let's be honest: between Doom, Darkhawk, Mysterio and Namor, with some of those can stack multiple fury effects, that's peanuts. It won't be the big damage.

Let's move on. The special attacks are interesting. Every special attack can inflict a big armor break, 2850 for this 1/25. I'm glad they kept that. It lasts 20 seconds, so that's pretty long. Every special attack gives an unblockable buff for 1 second.

Why is this unblockable buff needed? Because every special attack gives extra effects when you break the block.
    For the SP1, you get a stun of 1.5 seconds, but on offence that can become 4 seconds if you break the block. It will also consume all the armor up buffs but on offence you do not really need those.
    For the SP2, every beam attack will power burn 1 bar of power. It is a 100% chance, so that's guaranteed 100% power burn, like Vision. You always get a 3 second power lock, but that's too short to be any relevant.
    The SP3 drains 50% current power, a bit weaker but okay, the 3 shock debuffs discussed earlier and +4.5 seconds for the unblockable buff. So that's 5.5 seconds of being totally unblockable and having +17-51% attack rating. Okay, that's nice.

The synergies...

That Yellowjacket is nice, +30% attack rating can be helpful. But I think not special enough to waste a slot on a thrash champion.
    Next, Hulk and Hulk Rags. Some utility, but mostly defensive so not really interesting.

More defensive utility. Damn, where is the offence Kabam?

Nope, that's pretty disappointing. Hulkbuster didn't have much unique synergies anyway and this won't change a thing.

To sum: Hulkbuster seems to be a great defender, but he's not strong enough on offence to really rank him up other than that. Purely based on his mechanics, I feel a low demigod rating. SP2 is by far the best thing he got, but no way near competitive with Vision, who has power steal/gain, let alone Magik. He is a good newbie champion, he will prevent you from dying when you slip up. He is no Colossus. So my expectations are not met. Oh, and he cannot bust Hulk with this. Or anything else.
  • SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
    The trick is to get multiple shocks using the heavies to amp up his damage. Even against small champs, he was hitting 15k mediums with only a couple shocks up. Can’t wait to see the damage against XL champs
    His damage is great with multiple shocks up
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    What rank?
    Also care to post the stat/description numbers for a R5 5* or R2 6*? I can't get the Beta to work and I have both.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Damn that’s solid he must have a very specific style because what I’ve seen so far he looks not good
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    What an average player...😂😂.. against the WS.... c’mon
    5/65 HB sig 200. Most of his damage seems to come from stacking 4-5 shocks using heavies and then spam l2 for power lock. Spamming heavies after the power lock greatly amps up the damage. I’ll try and get some good gameplay
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Yeah from what I’ve tested he still sucks in the worst way. So disappointed. At least now I know to use my 2015 tech rank 4 gem on someone else
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    Finally got into the beta server but it's so slow. Took 10 minutes before i finally got HB to R4 . just kicked me out an waiting to reload :(

5/65 HB sig 200. Most of his damage seems to come from stacking 4-5 shocks using heavies and then spam l2 for power lock. Spamming heavies after the power lock greatly amps up the damage. I’ll try and get some good gameplay

Sounds like a built up that ressemble CAIW sp2...
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    HB is amazing
    I’m tryna upload gameplay but can’t
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    Hopefully our beta testers are giving enough “meh” feedback that they give HB a bit more offensive utility/damage.

I did see a discussion from somebody who has messed around and they seem impressed so I’m hopeful. They said they were getting 15k mediums at 5/65 200

I gave that gameplay, use sp2 when they’re blocking then spam heavies it’s awesome
    I’ll definitely r5 my HB if this is how he is in game
    Good news .

i might have a sleeper in my Roster...

Plus my overflow as some 5* tech sig stone in it
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★

What rank?
    Also care to post the stat/description numbers for a R5 5* or R2 6*? I can't get the Beta to work and I have both.

It doesn’t work like that. You don’t get to use your characters, they send you a beta version.

I got some v3 gameplay. Easy solo on kang
    @Carnage313 he’s way better now...
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

I’m tryna upload gameplay but can’t

upload it onto youtube and then post it here. Anything but the french guy
    I need to see HB's full potential
    @lowlevelplayer i did a v3 kang solo. Tried to copy the link here and said it had to be approved
    @zZayTtay trying to now
  • PoorlyMadePoorlyMade Posts: 55
    I see him being a viable rank up for people who care about Alliance War and want a decent attacker. Like Korg he probably will deal some decent damage, the shocks don't seem bad and his heavy is easy to throw allowing for some shock chain. The utility on the SP2 being a full power drain if the opponent's block gets broken is really nice utility and he might be able to put in some work against some high power match ups. Unblockable Specials has some nice use for defensive match ups and I can see him being used for a more aggressive play style. He definitely isn't the new Aegon but he might be a worthy rank up for the meme of Hulkbuster himself, you should probably be happy when you pull this guy from your crystals now. I have to agree on the low-demi god tier but this isn't the final version and if you allow him to receive more armor up and more shock damage on heavies he might get promoted to High Demi-God or even God Tier.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

@lowlevelplayer i did a v3 kang solo. Tried to copy the link here and said it had to be approved

? That's weird. I can upload videos here fine. Did u try the add URL function on the top of the text box?