**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

April 4 CN region downtime (24 hours)

mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
edited April 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
We were told we received compensation. I'm just curious what the rest of you guys got?

I got 1 small energy refill, a 2-4* crystal and some gold. Oh, and apparently the game went down for everyone. This is why I don't write tickets: [Images removed as per forum rules]

Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    It wasn't all games.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It was a solidarity moment of observance.
    ...That cost hundreds, if not thousands of players to let their alliance down by not being able to participate in AQ day 5 and possibly not being able place their champs in AW.

Steam was up. Animal Crossing was up. Only Tencent and Chinese developer games were down.
    Given the large number of Chinese users in this game, it's a reasonable respect to pay. Over 3000 people died. Italy is over 16,000 mind you. Still, the point is respect for the dead. A day away from the game isn't exactly the priority.
    Do not attempt to school me on the situation in China, as I have been living here for 16 years.

1. All entertainment had been previously shut down for several months anyway.
    2. There was no announcement for this.
    3. Turning off "all" games on that day as well as TV programming led to the streets being full of people because nobody had anything to do.
    4. I don't know why you are telling me about Italy.

This isn't counterintuitive to you at all?

Adequate compensation is deserved. Those Chinese players paid for daily cards and lost a lot of rewards on April 4th.
    What do you define as adequate? How can you customize that for every Player in any kind of generic way?
    I really don't think you're grasping the gravity of what the situation is. It was a day without the game. Given the fact that people are dying by the day, that's not something to be on a soap box over.
    Is adequate a small energy refill, a 2-4* crystal and some gold to players that possibly spent thousands of dollars on than game to be in the upper tiers?

Quit trying to detail my thread, troll.

I stated the people affected by the outage deserve something better than simply a nod. I AM NOT discussing the ramifications of the current world situation.

Since you are dying to mention it, things are slowly going back to normally here. How about there?
    I'm not trying to derail anything. That last comment is utterly offensive, and I'm not engaging in that line of conversation. There are many things I could say to that. I'm not going there.
    They gave the same thing to everyone, from what I understand. For that reason, you can't give the highest Tier Rewards to everyone. It has to be something small and generic. People spend thousands all the time. That doesn't entitle their Compensation to be more.

People spend thousands all the time. That doesn't entitle their Compensation to be more.

So, levels don't exist in this game? Uncollected, Cavalier? Go back to your masters and keep your forked tongue behind your teeth.

I guess this whole thing will be just swept under the rug.
  • ... 1. All entertainment had been previously shut down for several months anyway.

You’re saying all gaming and TV, etc was already shutdown for several months ??? Can’t compare outside entertainment gathering shutdown to indoor stuff and imply indoor stuff was already on shutdown anyways,

... 2. There was no announcement for this.

Was there any announcement by Gov't that they were turning off your TV broadcasting and telling gaming companies (probably just those, maybe, that actually have Servers based in the Country) to shutdown. If Gov't didn’t give announcement in general beforehand, how would companies have known prior to Gov't deciding to suddenly shut them down.

And yes, didn’t seem logical to turn things off knowing that would lead to people congregating outside instead (where they SHOULDN'T BE YET).

But you could be right if some other gaming did NOT shutdown, were those gaming companies that DO NOT have actual servers physically residing in Country ??
    (Keep in mind, Kabam used to have a separate version of MCOC running just in China, or at least just for that part of world, so I would assume they still have Servers there. And FYI, players from that version were rolled into our MCOC several years ago, but servers still probably there).

If people still used VPN or other to access websites or games from outside the country, how is that Kabam's fault that they complied to turn their In-country server off)
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    edited April 2020
    I would’ve just slept
    I'm fairly sure there aren't Kabam servers in China anymore. There is a separate version of the game available on their game apps with Chinese characters in the loading screens and ads, but the gameplay is the same.

Again, many games were still running.

Public entertainment: cinemas, karaokes, bars, shopping malls and the like have been mostly closed since the middle of February.

VPNs are illegal in China, but have existed in a sort of grey area for years. The gov here likes it keep it that way so they can suddenly swoop in and change laws if anything offends the state. This being said, the large majority of the people don't know about VPNs or even how to go about getting one. We're truly living in a different state here.

Furthermore, I think 24 hours out of the game suddenly, ruining a lot of AQ for people deserves more. I want nothing from it, but I know a lot of people who were affected and even some kicked from their alliances.
    mydnight said:

People spend thousands all the time. That doesn't entitle their Compensation to be more.

So, levels don't exist in this game? Uncollected, Cavalier? Go back to your masters and keep your forked tongue behind your teeth.

I guess this whole thing will be just swept under the rug.
    Yes they exist. They're Tiers of progress for Rewards. They don't compensate based on those levels, for the most part. For prolonged issues or large scale effects, they will take things into account at different stages and degrees of effects, but this wasn't an outage. It was very much a conscious decision, evident by Moderation commenting that they would be taken down for the observation. They can't take every personal situation into account for that, and were no doubt obligated to do so based on their partnerships. I get that it's not much for someone at a later stage in the game, but these types of Compensation are usually generic and minimal either way.
    Everything in this game is based on levels, including compensation. Events rewards are also based on levels. Hell, even the big offers like July 4 or whatever is based on level.

"If you're Cavalier (level) before X date..."

How many times have we seen this in our 5 years?
    Offers aren't the same as Compensation.
  • Or even if people didn’t use VPN's, I’m assuming the internet as a whole was not turned off (not sure if some ppl there use Internet based home Phones like Vonage in U.S. instead of landline phone). So could people still get to “outside-the-country” websites, etc, and basically bypass whatever shutdown was mandated ?
    edited April 2020
    Could they have given something based on progress? Sure. Might be a suggestion if anything like this comes up again. It would still be generic. It's not exactly reasonable to account for all individual circumstances.
    edited April 2020

Or even if people didn’t use VPN's, I’m assuming the internet as a whole was not turned off (not sure if some ppl there use Internet based home Phones like Vonage in U.S. instead of landline phone). So could people still get to “outside-the-country” websites, etc, and basically bypass whatever shutdown was mandated ?

Nothing like this. Some people know how to use web proxies, but again, most people are clueless.

Could they have given something based on progress? Sure. Might be a suggestion if anything like this comes up again. It would still be generic. It's not exactly reasonable to account for all individual circumstances.

The compensation was lame, useless and insulting compared to what they lost in that 24 hour period. Also, judging by the response to my ticket I sent, it doesn't even seem like they knew what had happened.

Tell me that you think that the compensation that was given is objectively good, and I'll shut up.
    I didn't say it was good or bad. I specifically said I can understand how someone at a later stage can't make much use of it, in fact.
    edited April 2020
    Why can't you just admit that it's bad?

What was lost: probable AQ rank rewards for the whole ally, that day of AQ crystals, daily and 4 hour crystals, possibly a war, any daily cards purchased, the calendars for that day, an entire day of EQ progression, a whole day of arenas. Help me out if I'm forgetting anything guys.

What we got. A small refill, pretty much a 2* crystal and some gold...

Give me a break.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Kabam followed orders, and nobody is arguing they shouldn't have, but, seeing as how OP said there was no advanced notice about this, as there should have been, Kabam should step up and offer compensation for everything missed, this includes the calendar day missed, and all paid content.

I would contact support again and explain you paid for it, and couldn't get it through no fault of your own, since it was Kabam's overlords that didn't allow you to log in by their choice. It wasn't routine maintenance.
  • edited April 2020
    Hey there, as others mentioned, the game was temporarily shut down April 4, 00:00 - 23:59 CST in solidarity with China’s national mourning observance taking place. Players in the region were also sent an in-game mail with a gift attached as thanks for their continued support and understanding. Since this was a not a bug and because some comments in this thread have become somewhat aggressive toward other players, this thread will now be closed, but the feedback will be passed along. Additionally, if you missed a day on your calendar or a purchased daily card, you can contact our Support Team and mention that, as they would be best equipped to look into those specific parts of your account for you.
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
This discussion has been closed.