**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hulk Buster Discussion [Remember to give your feedback in the Beta Forum!]

1235»

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

So many champs can heavy in corner like this

I thought u quit?
    Global pandemic has left me with more time to kill than expected.
    So i guess I'm not the only one that has failed to quit this addiction
  • LeagueOfShadowsLeagueOfShadows Posts: 120

Don't know about you guys saying that L2 is the way to go, but I'm saying L1 is better. At least for damage.

No boosts. Haven't seen someone doing L2 get a hit counter that low.

Using L2, got a hit counter that low ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_19mhiLjb44
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    they should have changed his sp3 as in Age of Ultron Hulkbusting scene (recall GO TO SLEEP) , that will be epic, btw damage is good now...
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    Does he have to be duped?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★

zZayTtay said:

His best assets seems to be firing the sp2, get the stun, the power drain and the power lock, from there you can spam the heavy like 5-6 times in a row if the defender is stuck against the wall.......

Too good to be true...

Yeah, I don't think Kabam intends that. I feel a She-Hulk nerf coming in.
    That's the point of a beta :tongue: Let's identify those issues now so we can fix them before they're live. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but we'll analyze our Data when the Beta is over.
    Well, without the heavy spam his performance will plummet. I think the best fix is to give him a Doom-like heavy chain while extending the shock duration. The ideal rotation should be like parry-MLLLH until two bars of power, then hit medium into the block and break the block. Some block penetration would be nice to have.
    Just stop man he is fine as is.
    The nerf is coming, if you like it or not. There is no way Kabam let us have a champion that can heavy spam all content into oblivion. So either you can ignore it, or suggest alternatives.
    Heavy chaining would have been discovered in maybe the first minute of in-house testing before the beta even went live. No way possible Kabam wasn’t well aware of it.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

zZayTtay said:

His best assets seems to be firing the sp2, get the stun, the power drain and the power lock, from there you can spam the heavy like 5-6 times in a row if the defender is stuck against the wall.......

Too good to be true...

That's the point of a beta :tongue: Let's identify those issues now so we can fix them before they're live. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but we'll analyze our Data when the Beta is over.
    Well, without the heavy spam his performance will plummet. I think the best fix is to give him a Doom-like heavy chain while extending the shock duration. The ideal rotation should be like parry-MLLLH until two bars of power, then hit medium into the block and break the block. Some block penetration would be nice to have.
    The nerf is coming, if you like it or not. There is no way Kabam let us have a champion that can heavy spam all content into oblivion. So either you can ignore it, or suggest alternatives.
    Heavy chaining would have been discovered in maybe the first minute of in-house testing before the beta even went live. No way possible Kabam wasn’t well aware of it.
    So would She-Hulk heavy chain.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★

zZayTtay said:

Too good to be true...

So would She-Hulk heavy chain.
    You'd think after the massive She-Hulk fiasco, they'd definitely double check the mechanic which makes the Champion so good. I don't think that it's humanly possible to make that same mistake again.
  • kpkumardtskpkumardts Posts: 120

Did they make his sp2 unblockable?

all his special attacks are unblockable now
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    I think his specials being unblockable should be changed to a passive unblockable and should be unaffected by AAR.

Right now, if you have a stagger or any nullify on you, or if your opponent has ability accuracy reduction, hulkbuster's specials become unreliable and you end up getting punished more often than not.
  • tpeters85tpeters85 Posts: 47
    Can @Kabam Miike please address the beta server access issues? I've been getting a "could not connect to the beta server" message since shortly after the beta opened. What's the point of inviting me to test out Hulkbuster if you're not going to let me actually test him? Sorry for ranting, but this is getting extremely frustrating.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike why was my thread on this topic deleted without being merged here?
  • mbracembrace Posts: 821 ★★★
    The heavy spam thing seems cheap, and honestly I’m not even good at keeping it going. I’d rather see that mechanic removed and instead increase shock duration so that the average player can get some stacks going. As it is, getting more than 2 shocks at once is near impossible without pinning the opponent against the wall and repeatedly dropping heavies on him.
    Another point to consider is that this champ is not really biohazard friendly. At 5/65, he takes too much damage against a hefty biohazard opponent. Maybe increase the the bleed and poison reduction to 35-40% per stack?
  • LeagueOfShadowsLeagueOfShadows Posts: 120
    So far I like the upgrade. As for the spamming heavy debate that's been going on, I think it should stay as it currently is. The reason being is that it takes quite a bit of skill & luck for one to get about 5 heavies in. On top of that, in order for it to work properly, you have to wait for them to start blocking & break their block so that you can both power burn & power lock them; without that, you're only power locking them for a short time. If you launch the special & don't break the block then there's a chance they will either have no power, some power or a bar or two depending on the fight, in any of these scenarios you can only get about 2 heavies off from the power lock, nothing game-breaking about that.

If I could change a few things, it would be these:
    • The ability to change his stance between Giant-Buster & Iron Wall mode so that we can utilize all of his abilities in a different way based on whomever we fight, he already has a few different rotations with the Giant-buster kit, giving us access to his Iron Wall Kit would only serve to expand that. We should be able to switch styles similar to how we can change Nightcrawlers' stance.
    • He should be completely bleed immune, given that the Hulkbuster armor is a suit of armor that goes on top of the Iron Man suit, so in essence, there are 2 suits of armor one has to get through. If he can't be bleed immune then he should be partially bleed immune based on health, meaning if he goes below 30% health then he starts to bleed, or if he has his armor shattered then he bleeds regardless of health level.
    • The synergies with the Hulks' & the Iron Man family should be much better than they currently are. The Hulk's are actually gaining something beneficial here, HB doesn't, +1000 armor based on health isn't something I see a real practical use for. With the Iron Man family, +6% health, to be blunt is terrible. This is a missed opportunity to actually make those champs somewhat more useful & could be used to add another ability to HB himself such as plasma from the final hit of the L2 or something, I don't know, anything else other than +6% health.
    • The Shocks should definitely last longer.
    • Personally, I'd rather have the power burn mechanic be the default of the L2 & let the power lock come into effect by breaking the block, the way it is now, I'm not really a fan of.
    • His block proficiency is too low, either raise this or make his armor up buffs more potent by letting us stack more than just 2.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★

zZayTtay said:

Too good to be true...

Civil Warrior has similar mechanic already. Just not the same damage.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    He looks pretty decent to me, after seeing some vids the shocks seem really short though
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-o_jhhz1U0&t=1016s
    Watch the full video. The more I think about it, I agree with BG.
    Seatin says: "He’s an XL Champion that’s viable for all Variants and can slaughter many of the most difficult fights, will have ton of uses in monthly Uncollected events and will tear through Act 5 100%, who has access to a wide variety of utility which allows him to counter Champions like Killmonger, Havok, Emma Frost and access to massive regeneration that can heal upto 50% of his health per fight. But sure, if you look at the super super niche nodes of certain paths of Act 6 the 15 Beyond God Tier Champions that roll everything aren’t being dethroned by his buff lol. It’s all about perspective and this buff is solid af and will do a LOT for progressing players even at R4/55 or a maxed out 4 Star!"

Hulkbuster is just for progressing players. He's not a beast for endgame content
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    What is beta forum link??
    Tiger360 said:

He looks pretty decent to me, after seeing some vids the shocks seem really short though

This champ would be about right if he had longer shocks and enhanced partial immunities. SP1 needs a longer stun or should apply one shock debuff automatically.
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 366 ★★★
    Reviving this chat just to make one clear statement, although nothing that It’s hasn’t been mentioned in the past. It shouldn’t take close to a year to rework a champ. The amt of money this games makes should yield an ample employee base.

By now kabam has a pretty damn good idea of what champions the community would like to see buffed, not to mention a long list of suggestions for those buffs shared by the community.

Pick two champs any two on the last poll, spend a month brainstorming, a month changing code, two weeks testing, two weeks tweaking, and wham done.

Businesses live and die reviewing quarterly earning and sales objectives, I just can’t grasp why 90 or maybe even 120 days isn’t enough time to fix and release changes.