**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

To whoever designed the rework on Hulkbuster...

2»

Comments

• InxInx Posts: 115
    I think people are also forgetting how suicide friendly he is with his regen and posion/bleed reduction armor mechanic. HB has a lot going for him, definitely interesting.

I will say tho that kabam should release a scaled back version of the beta champions in testing instead of how they usually release them. People will always be disappointed by how they're scaled back in their actual release. Better to buff up the beta champs for release then tease what could of been.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Tested him out to see if he’s viable for 6.3.3 Havok and soloed the unblockable finale lane with him. Havok didn’t work out as I got about 120k damage in before I lost my armor and got detonated. But his act 6 viability now is great, and I’m excited to continue testing!
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    Am I the only one who doesn't get him? I don't like the rework at all. It's too reliant on too many factors:
    Opponent AI has to play nice for Heavy spam. Still need to parry to land the heavies so stun immunes are not fun.
    SP2 is only unblockable for the first hit so any type of AAR could prevent this leaving you open for a counter attack (and he really isn't that tanky)
    Shock doesn't last that long (except SP3) so stacking them can be a pain.
    Shock value is very very weak.

His Ramp up feels like a "jump through hoops" approach ala proxima midnight, and his utility is not that great IMO. Really disappointed as he was my 1st and 3rd ever 5* champ that I pulled, and I also have the 6* in addition to the 5* which is now sig 80. I tried him in act 6 content and there are a ton of fights where he falls flat:
    Vulture (heavy misses often, causing you to take a combo)
    Domino or any other AAR champ
    Guillotine 2099
    IW would wreck him
    any evade champ
    Proxima (blocking reduces your AAR)
    Debuff immune takes literally all his abilities away and turns him into the HB of old.

I think my viewpoint is biased because I am pretty close to endgame and thus have a large roster, especially of Techs but IMO he doesn't do anything that my 6* R2 sentinel or 5*R5 Warlock can't do just as good if not better.

I think his abilities should be more based off his own buffs rather than debuffs. Just due to the nature of the champ, hulkbuster is a character with a large energy pool due to the core reactor and insane armor. I think they should also increase his maximum armor up on offense as 2 (with the abilities they listed) is pretty weak (he isn't nearly as tanky as Colossus or Sentinel, two champs who, in my opinion, he should be on par with in terms of durability). Also his regen being more of a defensive ability is disappointing since there are so many counters out there these days. It's hardly going to make him an above average defender.

Hey there!

Glad to hear you like it! I hope you'll take the time to put your thoughts in the Beta Forum and the Beta Survey! While we love to hear your thoughts any way you'd like to share them with us, those are the official channels, and only the feedback there is considered for future actions.

This is because we want the feedback and data from those that actually had hands-on experience with the Champion.

Is there any way to change our answers or get a new survey? I answered the survey when the Beta wasn't working (and my input was that I don't know because the beta isn't working for me) but today I managed to get it to work and I really want to give my real input because I am apparently in the minority of those who do not think the buff is very good as is.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    mbrace said:

He’s nowhere near Colossus. A 4/55 Colossus takes down RoL WS in 100 hits in average. It takes Hulkbuster over 200 hits.

How about 65 hits??

https://youtu.be/ymkc7ZB-9is

mbrace said:

He’s nowhere near Colossus. A 4/55 Colossus takes down RoL WS in 100 hits in average. It takes Hulkbuster over 200 hits.

How about 65 hits??

https://youtu.be/ymkc7ZB-9is
    One hit heavy, I would expect him to be less hits with heavy spam
  • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    agreed, I really loved the HB buff, but i want a JF buff because I recently pulled her from my most recent 5* crystal
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Seraphion said:

DNA3000 said:

mbrace said:

This is very attack chain dependent. I've been testing Hulkbuster with a couple of different attack strategies, and a relatively simple one that I think most players could do uses opportunistic Parry-Heavy folding in SP1 for the armor break and the stun. It is not a very aggressive strategy like some of the ones I've seen using power lock and cornering, but it is not bad: here is my 4/55 beta HB (also not my best WS fight because recording beta sessions seems to be lagging up my phone something awful) bringing down WS in 141 hits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BUAUX9TjNA
    Not the most skillful take down, but it is something I think most players could reasonably do with Hulkbuster. I also found someone who did bring down WS with 4/55 Colossus in about 100 hits (106 to be precise):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6OdDiw0B84
    However, that Colossus is running suicides and also has class advantage. You could argue that running suicides is part of the benefit of Colossus' design, but class advantage is a non-representative advantage. In that fight it increases attack by about 24% (2828+689). Without class advantage that 106 hit run would be closer to 132 hits. Which suggests that in a class-neutral fight Hulkbuster is dealing comparable damage to Colossus given the two playstyles shown above (because again: both champs' damage vary significantly depending on how you construct your attack chains). And I would consider that run to be something that requires knowledge of how HB works, but not really a lot of skill to execute. Optimal attack sequences seem to be doing substantially more damage.

Damage-wise at least, if you can keep shock going and especially stack it, HB is putting out very respectable damage on beta at the moment, and it is damage that I think most players would actually see, as opposed to damage that requires a very high skill level to unlock.
    That is actuly not true. The class advantage doesnt give him + 24% damage.
    His damage comes from both his abilities to gain a fury and do more damage while using heavys and SPs / max + 12.782 on R5 (which is base damage and wont be increased by suicides or class advantage)

This means class advantage gives him ~ 4,4% more damage.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "won't be increased by suicides or class advantage" but you do bring up a good point about class advantage dilution in general. I can't take class advantage away and it is tricky to compare fights between two different targets where other variables are present (i.e. potentially different armor or resistances - RoL defenders don't test identically to the versions players have) but I can artificially alter class advantage by using boosts.

When I boost Colossus with a +20% attack boost and compare boosted to unboosted damage verses WS I get a net overall increase in special damage of about 8% overall. That's due to the fact that special damage is increased by the attack rating increase due to scaling armor which dilutes the class advantage increase. That would extrapolate to ~10%ish for the 24% class advantage boost.

Incidentally, I get the feeling Colossus' attack rating increases relative to armor *value* not armor rating because when I graph the damage from the three initial hits from SP2 (which are identical unless they crit) against armor stacks I get what appears to be a diminishing curve at first glance.

So factoring out class advantage I should get something closer to 115-120 hits, as the special attacks would drop by 10%-ish, and the non-special damage would drop by somewhat more. I stand corrected on that original estimate.
  • KrzysaltKrzysalt Posts: 577
    edited April 2020
    https://youtu.be/ao3g_rJwNAw

Kabam, thank you for giving me access to beta & screwing up my game where I can’t access my regular account without having to resign back in every 2 seconds.
  • 11825121182512 Posts: 126
    How much of a pain in the ass is he going to be on defense?
  • 11825121182512 Posts: 126

Hey there!

Glad to hear you like it! I hope you'll take the time to put your thoughts in the Beta Forum and the Beta Survey! While we love to hear your thoughts any way you'd like to share them with us, those are the official channels, and only the feedback there is considered for future actions.

This is because we want the feedback and data from those that actually had hands-on experience with the Champion.

My beta won't load. :(
  • TaxTax Posts: 105
    mbrace said:

Incorrect. I went through everyone to Wolvie in ROL. Wolvie required 151 hits, everyone else was less. And I wasn't even playing that well.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Overall opinion, HulkBuster is great... for Act 1 - 4, some of Act 5, but, nothing special, since he is just too fight generic (where there are no nodes). Everyone is "testing" on WS, and... that fight isn't special, and a maxed out 5* can kill him in 50 hits, which isn't that bad at all.

He still won't be used in any parts of Act 6, unless you have no other choice.

Bottom line is, there are so many other champs that still far exceed what Hulkbuster can do.

Is he better? Sure, can't really get worse from where he was. Will he be used as a replacement for the top 20 champs? Not a chance.

I saw that BG did a vid, and I pretty much agree, He is better, and unfortunately, there is a big BUT with the HulkBuster rework.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-o_jhhz1U0
  • RawrasurusRawrasurus Posts: 50 ★★
    To anyone who thinks HB damage is a joke I raise you all a 56 hit WS kill

• Xcrøss_TRXcrøss_TR Posts: 142
    mbrace said:

My 3/45 awakened Colossus smashes WS in 74 hits without suicides
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    zZayTtay said:

There has been plenty of coverage in act 6. Check it out for yourself. And why bring up the top 20 out of nowhere? Are you expecting every champ to be at that level?

I said, nobody would use HB in Act 6, if they have other champs that can get the job done easier than HB can.

I was expecting more from the HB rework, yes. He did move up from the 'meh' tier to the 'occasionally useful' tier

Check the vid I posted, he explains it a bit better.
  • Hey all,

I'm gonna close this thread because there is already a non-Beta thread to discuss Hulk Buster.

If you want to give feedback for the Beta, you have to do it in the Beta Forum or via the Survey in the Beta!
This discussion has been closed.