**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who is the best Champion?

Comments

• Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★

Ghost gets wrecked by: Ebony Maw, sinister, magneto, nova, terrax, and nick fury. There aren’t even that many true strike nodes or characters in the game

I already pointed out the heavy spam. Lagacy has done it on his channel. All those are easily killed by Ghost once she gets furies.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Ghost gets wrecked by: Ebony Maw, sinister, magneto, nova, terrax, and nick fury. There aren’t even that many true strike nodes or characters in the game

Yeah, there are very few true strike nodes and most true strike champs have to hit the opponent or Throw specials to get it like heimdall
  • SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
    There’s no such thing as “the best champion”. Every champ has their weaknesses and places where they aren’t that great to use. Ghost and quake are top tier, but it’s hard to compare them unless we’re talking about specific matchups
    Lvernon15 said:

Yeah, there are very few true strike nodes and most true strike champs have to hit the opponent or Throw specials to get it like heimdall
    Every boss node literally has a True strike.
    Let's just say it depends per person, for some Quake is the best, for some Ghost is, and for some, many others that they are skilled with.
  • ArpsArps Posts: 34
    I’m literally running caltrops lane in 6.3.6 right now...

• Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Arham1 said:

Kevo9513 said:

Before I hear anything else, the answer is Quake.

If you have skill, 99% of the game (- truestrike nodes, and NickFury) is solo-able by Quake

She takes A LOT of practice, but after I mastered her, life has been sweet. I was only forced to master her true potential after Siphon node came out where you literally get punished for parrying.

The following pictures are a compilation of some of the more annoying defenders.(most of them were in the moleman expedition, but as you can see, 0 hits given, 0 hits taken.)

If you still feel like she isn’t the best champion because you aren’t skilled enough...

Crossbones solo 1-shot. First go at becoming cavalier.

https://youtu.be/UEYeTUon-4Y

I still believe that Ghost is the best champion in the game. No matter who the competitor is. Ghost has : Insane Damage, Insane Utility and lots and lots of immunities. Quake is countered by Caltrops, any type of True strike, and the worst Disadvantage is that you can't use Quake on final boss node. Ghost can do most of the content. Her worst matchup is Armor break champs, Magneto, Mr Sinister and Ebony maw. And believe me, all of these can be defeated by Ghost easily By heavy-fury spam. Ghost can do what Quake can't even think about doing. With quake, it is so boring and she can't even fight Korg. In my opinion and it might or might not be fact, Ghost is better than Quake.
    Did you not look at the quake vs korg picture??
    Arham1 said:

@Arham1 @Lvernon15 there’s a quake method that only the most advanced quake players use. I think munash has a video on it. It’s a pure evade strategy (yes this is possible). You can constantly evade without dexing or blocking

I don't even think that's possible.
    @Arham1 please watch the video. If I land a hit or he hits be, bane biohazard and vigor would apply.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    Kevo9513 said:

Arham1 said:

Kevo9513 said:

If you have skill, 99% of the game (- truestrike nodes, and NickFury) is solo-able by Quake

She takes A LOT of practice, but after I mastered her, life has been sweet. I was only forced to master her true potential after Siphon node came out where you literally get punished for parrying.

The following pictures are a compilation of some of the more annoying defenders.(most of them were in the moleman expedition, but as you can see, 0 hits given, 0 hits taken.)

If you still feel like she isn’t the best champion because you aren’t skilled enough...

I still believe that Ghost is the best champion in the game. No matter who the competitor is. Ghost has : Insane Damage, Insane Utility and lots and lots of immunities. Quake is countered by Caltrops, any type of True strike, and the worst Disadvantage is that you can't use Quake on final boss node. Ghost can do most of the content. Her worst matchup is Armor break champs, Magneto, Mr Sinister and Ebony maw. And believe me, all of these can be defeated by Ghost easily By heavy-fury spam. Ghost can do what Quake can't even think about doing. With quake, it is so boring and she can't even fight Korg. In my opinion and it might or might not be fact, Ghost is better than Quake.
    Ghost can also do korg fights as well may be more risky but she can still do them.
    Kevo9513 said:

Arham1 said:

@Arham1 @Lvernon15 there’s a quake method that only the most advanced quake players use. I think munash has a video on it. It’s a pure evade strategy (yes this is possible). You can constantly evade without dexing or blocking

I don't even think that's possible.
    @Arham1 please watch the video. If I land a hit or he hits be, bane biohazard and vigor would apply.
    I am saying that if opponents hit block.
    Kevo9513 said:

Arham1 said:

Kevo9513 said:

Even if quake can do those(more difficultly) then it doesn't prove she is better than Ghost. Ghost still is 100% better than Quake.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Don’t get me wrong, I love Quake, but there’s one thing she’s definitely not good for:

Brute Force

And if you get hit, Bane might become a bit of a problem.
  • SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
    @Arham1 how many boss nodes have TS? That’s complete bs. Champion in 6.2, sinister, and pretty much every act 6 boss can be quaked excluding the GM. I’ve quaked through the 6.2 champion and 6.2 sinister. That DH in 6.4.3 is one of the toughest bosses and she dominates him. The full heavy technique is possible. Do your research
    edited April 2020

@Arham1 how many boss nodes have TS? That’s complete bs. Champion in 6.2, sinister, and pretty much every act 6 boss can be quaked excluding the GM. I’ve quaked through the 6.2 champion and 6.2 sinister. That DH in 6.4.3 is one of the toughest bosses and she dominates him. The full heavy technique is possible. Do your research

I meant AW Boss.
    H3t3r said:

Kevo9513 said:

Arham1 said:

Kevo9513 said:

Ghost can also do korg fights as well may be more risky but she can still do them.
    Yeah, she can but this sub discussion started from someone saying you can’t quake korg
    Arham1 said:

Kevo9513 said:

Arham1 said:

Kevo9513 said:

Even if quake can do those(more difficultly) then it doesn't prove she is better than Ghost. Ghost still is 100% better than Quake.
    I can see either way but she’s not ‘100% better’
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Ya'll wrong. Kamala khan is the true "best champion
  • MoudouMoudou Posts: 151
    I have Quake and Ghost both at R5, since your "arguments" mostly center around "I find myself using Quake", I find myself using Ghost more. To be honest, I am not a great Quake player partly because she bores me to death. For a champion that requires sooooo much time to learn and master, playing her should be a lot more fun.

I really enjoy playing Ghost and I have spent 1/10th of the time to learn how to play her compare to Quake. It's been over a year since I took Quake to R5 but I only took Ghost to R5 in late February and she (Ghost) has helped me more than Quake has in a year.

I do plan to invest more time to learn Quake though, because I have already invested the resources and she already helps a lot with UC EQ annoying bosses.

My argument is not based on "Who is more useful or who can clear more content", it's based on who I enjoy most and who is easier to use.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Arham1 said:

Also, there is a method to counter passive AI. All you need to do is dash back get passive precision, just land a medium then back out, don't wait for opponent to dash to you, but dash yourself to the opponent for a medium. You can keep dashing back and dashing in and the opponent will keep getting hit.

@Arham1

Ghost gets neutered from passive AI.

Chose to wait out the passive precision and phase again? You lose your cruelty buffs

Chose to play offensive and dash without waiting? You risk being intercepted. I know what youre talking about but a lot of times you can run into a light attack.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

@Tiger360 do you even have a quake?

Do you even have ghost? Legacy said it himself, you have to play quake pretty much perfectly for her to be the best
  • pheonixcreatorpheonixcreator Posts: 69
    Iceman is pretty good . Only when duped tho .

Iceman is pretty good . Only when duped tho .

Iceman isn’t even a top mutant anymore lol

• SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    There is no best champ 😑
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    For all you super players out there it's ghost and quake. For us laymen it's corvus. There are more laymen than great players, so therefore, based off the capabilities of most people, Corvus is the best.

For freaks like you guys, Ghost/Quake it is.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    Graydrox said:

For all you super players out there it's ghost and quake. For us laymen it's corvus. There are more laymen than great players, so therefore, based off the capabilities of most people, Corvus is the best.

For freaks like you guys, Ghost/Quake it is.

I have Corvus, Quake & Ghost as 5* and for me, Corvus is the best.

The reason is, using Ghost or Quake, I can't confidently go into a boss fight without getting punched to the face.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Quake imo is the best but you can use Quake for NF. She cannot counter Night Thrasher, Iceman for first 15 seconds, imiw, Agent Venom, Masacre and Carnage with suicides, and any passive powergain champs @Kevo9513
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Arham1 said:

Kevo9513 said:

@Arham1 Alot of this is wrong, Quake can easily get through Caltrops and any of those nodes (shock 30 is a problem) with NF + Deadpool Xforce or Ironman countering Coldsnap, Incinerate, Bleed, Poison etc. If you say "Oh that is with synergies," Well take off Ghosts Synergies then. Without Hood try using ghost for All or Nothing and spite without Hood, or the 6.3.6 Cap IW boss without Hood, it doesn't work, try Ghost without Wasp, this can be doable with practice, I can do it myself, but beginners may not be able to. Try running Starburst or Dormmamu without Hood, try micro reflect, ghost cannot do that "Stung once Stung Twice." Try that with ghost it doesn't work. Quake is useful for all 4 Variants, while Ghost cannot do V2. Quake has the least amout of weak matchups. Saying that Quake cannot take Korg is wrong I run Quake against Korg on Debuff immune all the time, while ghost will have a tougher time with him. Ghost cannot do Ebony Maw, Sinister, Nick Fury, Gwenpool on Powershield, Nova, Silver surfer etc. I am also a big Ghost fan do not take this wrong, I just believe Quake is the better champion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoyMuIyGhlQ&t=3s