**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should I use my R4-5 mystic gem..

StarzStarz Posts: 153
So... I'll start by saying I dont have Doom and have not completed LOL or Abyss. However recently I've pulled both Fury and Aegon. I do not have a power control champ at R5 and my only mystic in that range is my R2 6* Sym Supreme. To boot I have 3x Mystic awakening gems btw. My contenders are Magik and Doctor VooDoo.

My thought is I should use it on either DV or Magik because any resources would go directly to Aegon and/or Fury anyway. Assuming Aegon, I could then do an initial clear or better on LOL and have plenty to rank up Doom if I had gotten in the meantime.

Does this strategy seem sound to anyone else?? Any input is appreciated AND if yes, will it be DV or Magik?!?

(Side note: only variant left is variant 1 and only one initial clear through 6.1)

Comments

• Options
    SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    Either awakened? If so I’m more to lean on the side of voodoo
  • Options

Sorry! Yes they are awakened and I AM running suicides. Forgot to mention that
  • Options
    SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    Voodoo in that case
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    To the original question though. Wait or use?

Starz said:

Oh. I don't think I'd like to run voodoo with suicides.

Magik would also slowly kill herself, when you use her to perma-powerlock an opponent by spamming your sp2, but she'll most likely survive quite a bit longer than voodoo. Magik should be more the more effective power controller with suicides, while voodoo is overall much more versatile than her without suicides.

That is why I give the edge to Magik over VooDoo in regards to the suicides but damn I love VooDoo
  • Options
    AnthinhoAnthinho Posts: 256
    take suicides off
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020

Starz said:

Oh. I don't think I'd like to run voodoo with suicides.

Magik would also slowly kill herself, when you use her to perma-powerlock an opponent by spamming your sp2, but she'll most likely survive quite a bit longer than voodoo. Magik should be more the more effective power controller with suicides, while voodoo is overall much more versatile than her without suicides.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Magik's limbo ignore recoil? Either way, since she's awakened, she gains limbo a lot more and regens the health she lost from the poison and bleed added on to the willpower heal. I'd say she's very suicide friendly.