**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Punisher’s indestructible

Hi folks, I understand punisher’s indestructible ability procs depending on his sig. is it 100% at maximum sig? I’ve noticed many times in AQ Map6 this ability is ignored and I’m not sure why. Damage over time? Specials?

.. thoughts?

Comments

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Pacify and assassin masteries
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Maybe some champs as well, like voodoo or domino
  • pedroteixeira07pedroteixeira07 Posts: 213
    Ow, makes sense. I do run assassins with 4pts. Maybe that’s it then. Thanks
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    It tops out at 85% as a 4%, and 99% as a 5*.

It works fine when he's hit; but I think maybe not when affected by DOT. At one time I remember an update stated his ability was changed so that it would proc when suffering DOT; but I'm unsure if that's still true. It currently states "when struck by a lethal blow", which suggests that DOT can bypass it.
  • pedroteixeira07pedroteixeira07 Posts: 213
    @Magrailothos I read it that same way as well. Your logic makes sense to me. I bypassed it several times with bleed champs for example. Or quake. Do you know for example that node where your health changes for 4s?! Quake bypasses his ability. But because I have assassins I’m not 100% sure.
  • SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    Pretty sure it triggers after a massive hit
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    Sometimes it comes in handy for him to smack you with a devastating sp2.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    DOTs can bypass it, that’s how I always get around it.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Not sure about damage over time bypassing it, it seems to work like RNG same as everything else in this game.

But if your fighting one and he’s low health and your thinking of throwing that sp3 for the kill, don’t.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    KattohS said:

Not sure about damage over time bypassing it, it seems to work like RNG same as everything else in this game.

But if your fighting one and he’s low health and your thinking of throwing that sp3 for the kill, don’t.

It's been a few years since I got past this; but I can't tell you how many arena fights I lost, back in the day, by throwing a 'finishing' SP3 at Punisher. With his Hulk-like SP3 damage boost, if your opponent bleeds you'll be in a world of hurt!
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

DOTs can bypass it, that’s how I always get around it.

Yeah, for some reason I feel like I read this somewhere and that's what I've been doing. I've never seen him proc indestructible from a DOT kill.