**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Omega Red without Suicides

I have a 5 Star Omega Red and a generic Awakening Gem. While it may seem idiotic or naive, I’ve kept the gem for about 3 months debating whether I should use it on Omega Red.

I understand his utility with the tentacle hits, his regeneration, and his quasi double immunities.

However, I don’t intend to use Suicide Masteries because of AW and I’m unsure if he is truly an elite champ without them. I also only have 50 signature stones to use on him.

I have a 4 Star Awakened Omega with about 70 and he doesn’t nearly seem as effective as my best 4 Star Champs (Corvus, Domino, Archangel) when compared to my 5 Star roster.

Can someone with experience with Omega Red honestly assess his abilities without suicides and low signature awakening? Videos would be a plus (particularly ROL Winter Soldier), so I can see how many hits a rank 3-5 Omega would take in such a circumstance.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Omega Red without Suicides 49 votes

Use the gem and the stones and rank him up as soon as possible - even in the situation you described, he’s still worth it
53%
Spity68Manup456TROUBL3DStark78AlfaBrokenm3t4syl20LmaoCharlie_ScenespaceoctopusKDSuperFlash10doctorbNeotwismGraydroxMiStaLovaDonrefreMother_FlerkenLegionnaireStellanZarathosGR91Renaxqq 26 votes
I understand waiting for a more readymade champion like Archangel
46%
BigMoCarmel1phillgreenSpicyslicerBuckylives2_0QmonAttliaXcrøss_TRDuke_SilverMarvel2289CiciliatoThatOneMasterGamerWebby72KGold29KRANꓘDoug4theWinH3t3rlowlevelplayerH_I_ZSerious_786 23 votes

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    someone like NF or Aegon is probably worth it more
  • Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 303 ★★
    tomorrow when you get NF or Aegon , you'll regret using that gem today. but 6 months later and you still don't get anyone worth the gem. you'll regret not using the gem for omega red today and shred through lots of content with him.
    But without suicides , i don't know. i run suicides all days because of omega red, corvus glaive and quake and nick fury are my team 80% of the time.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    edited April 2020
    I have omega 5* maxed sig rank 4 (can’t get T4 mutant cats to save my life). I have never ran those masteries. I love my OR.

Me
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    My sons account has an Omega Red, He gets used on bleed nodes in AQ and its honestly chalk and cheese. I find him kinda meh for regular play but with a bleed on he is a beast.

I wouldnt use a generic on him unless suicides were part of the plan.
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 253 ★★
    edited April 2020
    At the end of the day, all omega gets from the dupe is a bit extra damage and a chance for unblockable mediums. If you’re already running suicides then it is a no brainer- he becomes easily top 5 champs in the game imo.

If you’re not planning suicides however I don’t think that the dupe is necessary. He still does a very good job unduped for damage on hit counter, aar, and strong regen.

I ran an unduped OR without suicides at r4 5* for a while and never regretted it. That said, now he’s duped and with suicides it is a completely different ballgame.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Use the gem and the stones and rank him up as soon as possible - even in the situation you described, he’s still worth it
    I run suicides all the the time and switch them for AW placement then put them back after I place and it only cost me about 92 units and not much gold.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★

tomorrow when you get NF or Aegon , you'll regret using that gem today. but 6 months later and you still don't get anyone worth the gem. you'll regret not using the gem for omega red today and shred through lots of content with him.
    But without suicides , i don't know. i run suicides all days because of omega red, corvus glaive and quake and nick fury are my team 80% of the time.

I’m assuming you also run x force since nick fury sucks with suicides
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Yeah I’d save for someone who’s amazing with their dupe from the get go.
  • KGold29KGold29 Posts: 43
    I used a generic awakening on my Omega Red and took him to rank 5 and put about 100 sig levels. At first I was so underwhelmed with his damage and sort of regretted my decision. The I tried running suicides and the difference is huge! I was so glad I awakened and ranked him. So in short, I think if you’re not planning on running suicides just hold on to your gem and wait for better choices.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I used a mutant gem on him and don't run suicides.
    Not sure if have used a generic.
    He's an entirely different champion with suicides on.
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    I am wondering if to max him out as a 4 star,hoping to get archangel as a 5 star but have not.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Wow - can’t believe it’s 50/50 on the polls! Lol - thanks for all the advice. I think I’m going to hold off for someone like Archangel.
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    edited April 2020

Who is NF?

Edit: Nick Fury. LOL I was lost.... :D:D