**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Map Discussion

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
As some of you may or may not have seen, a Video on YouTube was posted previewing the new AW Map. I thought I would open a Thread to discuss it. You can see it here:
https://youtu.be/eroAvZtoHok

Please keep it constructive. Like it? Hate it? Any thoughts on a new strategy? I am looking forward to revamping the way I organize Wars personally. It looks exiciting to me. I think the new Boosts are interesting.
The floor is open. :)

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »

Well, this is more specifically about the preview, and how we feel about what we've seen.
    It will be interesting to organize from the outside-in. Definitely switches it up.
    To be honest, I hate it.

I don't know the nodes yet, other than a flare node being in there, but I feel like the just ruined the map, trying to over complicate it with portals.

Well, we haven't seen the Nodes but from what I gather from the video, it's meant to provide more options. I suppose we will see when we get our hands on it if it is more or less complicated.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I can agree with that

Here is my concern the harder nodes are middle towards the end. Video shows flare with kinetic reactor, 100% powergain with unblockable sp2, and blood letting with enhanced bleed duration all within the first couple nodes. Where do you go from there?
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    I can agree with that

Here is my concern the harder nodes are middle towards the end. Video shows flare with kinetic reactor, 100% powergain with unblockable sp2, and blood letting with enhanced bleed duration all within the first couple nodes. Where do you go from there?

Yes. Seems tricky. I'd have to see what is connected to it.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I wish we had a more comprehensive preview so we could actually study it. I have champs I want to rank up but holding off until we get more info.
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Yup. Sad
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I wonder if their will be different tiers of maps like we currently have. It does look like it will be harder, obviously, as people have learned to clear the current map with few to no items used. If the rewards don't change, I don't see many alliances go on spending frenzies with this new setup. Why waste units when it could come down to only defender diversity and a $50 loss will net 100 each 4&5* shards ?
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    I wonder if their will be different tiers of maps like we currently have. It does look like it will be harder, obviously, as people have learned to clear the current map with few to no items used. If the rewards don't change, I don't see many alliances go on spending frenzies with this new setup. Why waste units when it could come down to only defender diversity and a $50 loss will net 100 each 4&5* shards ?

I think they wanna see how things go, before updating the rewards.
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Agree. We are in tier 1/2 and it's crazy with juggs/ majik/dorm with MD. So much skill taken out
  • The preview and changes I've read about made me realize I can live without wars tbh... Or even just using them for farming.

They were a point of contention within many allis before.. Now it'll either be worse or ppl will care about them less.

The new challenges and nodes will be fun once or twice. Then it'll suck. I see nothing but grave mistakes in pretty much all this.

And then they'll come along and add a few extra shards to the rewards and ppl will act like it's something amazing. Maybe even 6* shards in some tiers. This will follow the PT Barnam rule
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    They could just double the shards for everyone and add some T4CC frag crystals and some t4b frags for certain tiers.
  • Farm it and don't stress imo
    Kpatrix wrote: »

The Rewards will be considered after they get it implemented and running.
    For me, it's just a change in strategy. Basically it means switching the way I organize Wars. I agree that we don't know what Nodes are coming. I appreciate people voicing their feelings. I personally see it as exciting. It's overdue for a revamp.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    edited September 2017
    winterthur wrote: »
    This sums up with defender kill points removed.

ncaj45dgqjco.jpg

lol, i made and posted that in the other discussion...which i may point out, this thread should have been apart of instead of opening a new thread.

as of right now, we know very little about anytbing in this map. the top secret nature of kabams plan to not let us in on anything is beyond dumb. so really, there isnt much to talk about until Sept 6
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155

ncaj45dgqjco.jpg

lol, i made and posted that in the other discussion...which i may point out, this thread should have been apart of instead of opening a new thread.

as of right now, we know very little about anytbing in this map. the top secret nature of kabams plan to not let us in on anything is beyond dumb. so really, there isnt much to talk about until Sept 6

He does as he wants when he wants where he wants. Don't ask questions.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    Ja55 wrote: »

ncaj45dgqjco.jpg

lol. got it! :D
    Ja55 wrote: »

ncaj45dgqjco.jpg

lol. got it! :D
    I made the Thread after I saw the video because I wanted a discussion about how people feel in response to what we've seen in it, and how they feel so far about the Map. The same rules apply to me as anyone else.