**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Storytime #1 - From Another Corner!

HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
You already know many stories of the Battlerealm. The tales of how one Summoner entered the Contest of Champions. How they overthrew the Maestro of the Contest, and stopped the Mad Titan Thanos. How they defeated both the Collector and the Grandmaster, in due time. And how, every step of the way, the Summoner was aided by their loyal, faithful Champions.

This is not one of those stories.
"Keep up, everyone. We can't afford to fall behind," Warren Worthington, the Archangel, ordered, leading his gang of heroes through the desolate, rocky landscape. Every moment, it seemed, the asteroids upon which they walked shifted, rotating in and out of sync with one another. They could waste no time - a path was open to them now that had not been for many days, and now they took advantage.

Behind him, there followed Johnny Blaze, once the Ghost Rider, and Quentin Beck, the former Mysterio. All the way in the back of their train of heroes, Warren could spot Red Hulk and Gwenpool, bringing up the rear, guarding them from the back.

Warren watched as the asteroids in front of them shifted once more, and dashed towards them, his feet crushing the small pebbles in his path. The group behind him charged forward as well, running onto a large asteroid. Those in the front found it easy to get on the rock, while some in the back had to pick up the pace even further, as the asteroid continued to shift out of their way. But Warren - not to mention the several psychics he had at his command - was able to ensure that all arrived on this asteroid.

"Is everyone here?" Warren asked, turning to his gang of cohorts and looking around - he could see most everyone, but it was better to be sure, after all.

He caught Johnny Blaze's slight nod, knowing that he had not spoken very much as of late, and heard Beck's affirmation, "Looks like we've got everyone here."

"Good," Warren replied, turning his attention to something in the distance. "Take cover behind the rocks. We wouldn't want any Doombots or Sentinels catching guard of us."

The collection of heroes did as he commanded, sheltering behind the occasional jagged stone or down in a crater. As the asteroid slowly revolved, twisting and turning about, Warren kept a close eye on the horizon, searching for something in particular.

"You still haven't told us where we're going," Beck stated, going up to Warren and similarly gazing across the stars for whatever their leader was searching for. Warren looked back, noting that the last few weeks had been the longest time he'd ever seen Beck without his helmet on, and answered, "If you knew, you wouldn't have come along. I wouldn't be coming here if we had any other choice, but we picked a fine place to get... stranded in."

"You ever wonder why...?" Beck began, before Warren shut him off. "It's obvious to me. Out there, somewhere, in the very center of this Battlerealm, there are countless versions of us, fighting in some Contest of Champions. That's our only purpose here - to fight. That was our only purpose for him, anyways. But we're free now. Free to do whatever we like. And what we're going to do now is survive," Warren answered.

Beck nodded - he hadn't been around Warren's gang for very long, but even he knew of all the happenings around the Battlerealm. "Good thing we're far away from all that, yeah?" said Beck.

"Yeah," Warren replied, looking around his group - there was Stephen Strange and Dormammu, talking to one another casually. There was Bruce Banner, still trying to stay out of the Red Hulk's sight, and Scott Summers looked around for his fellow X-Men. Victor von Doom strode around, still as arrogant as ever, and seven different versions of Peter Parker were moping around, missing home. Of course, there were more heroes with them, but those stood out the most to Warren - "Things have changed so much, and at the same time... they haven't changed very much at all, have they?"

Beck shook his head, before suddenly Doom cried out, "Sentinels!"

At that one word, the entire group readied themselves, popping out of their hiding spaces and looking up - half a dozen Sentinels descended from the spaceways, floating down towards their pitiful little rock. Before Warren could give them any orders, Doom rocketed off towards them, firing his lasers at them, damaging one. But as his target reeled and Warren shouted, "Victor! Turn back! Stop!", the other five Sentinels locked onto Doom himself, and before he could do anything, they had taken hold of him.

"Stop this at once!" Doom demanded, thrashing and writhing around in the grasp of a green-lit Science Sentinel. "You will not prevail over-"

Then there was a vicious crack, as the Sentinel snapped Doom like he was a mere Groot. Dropping his broken, lifeless body to the ground, the Sentinels put out their hands, threatening the group. "Surrender immediately," they demanded.

"Guess he might've been onto something with the whole 'star' thing," Beck remarked to Warren as he stepped out into the open, putting up a green, smoky shield up in front of his friends. "Always called Doom a, what was it, three-star Champion."

"That might have been the way we did things before, but not anymore," Warren stated back, readying himself to charge towards the Sentinels. "We're equals here, as we should be. Johnny, take the Sentinels on the right - Gwen, Thaddeus, the ones on the left. Scott, don't even try, your beams aren't at all effective against these guys. I'll take the ones up the middle, on three - one, two-"

"STOP!" thundered one man's voice, and Warren recognized it immediately, seeing a red-clad, caped, helmeted man float down from the sky, just as the Sentinels had. "Quentin! Stephen! Put down your shields! This is what we came here for!" Warren ordered, as the shields dropped and he stepped out to face their target. "I didn't know you were resorting to using Sentinels these days, Magneto!"

As the Master of Magnetism levitated down to face Warren himself, he shouted, "What have you come here for, Archangel? Why bring yourself to me?"

Warren explained himself, describing the situation to Magneto, who nodded reluctantly. "So you seek protection, then," he replied, with a hint of admiration in his voice. "Very well, then." He turned around, and allowed the asteroid to rotate just a bit farther, revealing a second asteroid in front of them. But where the rock Warren and his friends had taken refuge on was desolate, this one was well developed, with several complexes on it, and satellites to scan the area. Within, it seemed each complex was well lit, and clearly populated by more than just Magneto and his Sentinels.

Pointing a hand at this base in front of them, Magneto declared, "Welcome, to Asteroid M."
I hope everyone enjoyed this! It's my first time trying something like this as a forum post, and I hope it gave you something to read in these times... let me know what you thought down below, and I'll be back next Monday with "Storytime #2 - Master of Magnetism"!

Thank you for reading!

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Awesome read OP! Very nice 👍
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    I would definitely buy this. Maybe make something and post it on wattpad
  • 11825121182512 Posts: 126

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Very nice! I wish there were more things like this in the forums.

This reminds me of the Hamlin threads from when he was around.
    What ever happened to Hamin/Aryl?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    1182512 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

I believe he was banned, not to sure.
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★

1182512 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

I'm pretty sure he was banned. Not sure why, though. Thank you! I always liked his posts - there's even a reference to his series in the opening, ha. This will probably be more plot driven than those posts, but I'm glad you liked it. :smile:
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 247 ★★
    This is great! I love it!

I’d be interested to see what Magneto thinks of the non-mutants...
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★

Ya_Boi_28 said:

*painful flashbacks of our fallen brothers*
    Rip @Drooped2 @Hamin @SlayerOfGods
    Thanks for the inspiration mate! I decided to make my own story on the forum, hope y’all like it!
    Webby72 said:

This is great! I love it!

I’d be interested to see what Magneto thinks of the non-mutants...

Thank you! And that's a mystery for next week... :smile:

Thanks for the inspiration mate! I decided to make my own story on the forum, hope y’all like it!

I'm very happy I could inspire you to make your own short story. Here's hoping the both of us have long, productive storytelling lives on the forums!

1182512 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

I'm pretty sure he was banned. Not sure why, though. Thank you! I always liked his posts - there's even a reference to his series in the opening, ha. This will probably be more plot driven than those posts, but I'm glad you liked it. :smile:
    His were always about comedy. Lol not much plot needed.

But, kudos to you. Well done.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    1182512 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

I wonder... He could be right here in this thread. He could have quit the game. We might never know...

I guess all we can do is look for a groot profile pic
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited April 2020

1182512 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

I wonder... He could be right here in this thread. He could have quit the game. We might never know...

Yeah, I doubt he would just leave from a ban. He seemed to not mind the system, but rather.. Just bypass it. Either way, he was a funny dude that kept me entertained here
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

1182512 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

1182512 said:

1182512 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

His were always about comedy. Lol not much plot needed.

But, kudos to you. Well done.
    That is very true. And thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.

1182512 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

I got the joke about 10 minutes too late, ha.
    ẞlооd said:

1182512 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Yeah, I doubt he would just leave from a ban. He seemed to not mind the system, but rather.. Just bypass it. Either way, he was a funny dude that kept me entertained here
    Sounds like the Grootman I remember... hopefully I can keep you entertained too!
    Etjama said:

1182512 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Completely coincidental.
  • TimefishyTimefishy Posts: 60
    We are Hamin *cough* I meant Groot

I'm not Hamin either but I'm DEFINITELY not someone else who was banned 👀
    Is my Storytime thread like an offshore tax haven but for banned forumers now, lol. IDK how to feel about this.

Mods, if you're reading this, please like my story enough not to ban me for the one reference to "a Summoner and his Champions", the crowd that followed it was in no way intentional. I swear. :smile:

While I'm here though, can I tease upcoming events in the world of Storytime?
    - Warren's Team gets into a *lot* of trouble with Magneto!
    - Find out what Warren and his gang are really skulking around the fringes of Battlerealm for!
    - Plus, in the coming weeks, you might never get this Agent of SHIELD in-game, but he sure will show up in Storytime!
    - The mystery of why Warren and his gang are running continues!
    - And, is a special appearance from Lil' Stan to come??

Find out in the coming weeks of Storytime, which I hope will not be taken over by forumers from the grave!
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    1182512 said:

Etjama said:

1182512 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Completely coincidental.
    Oh yeah? Oh my god, it's so coincidental that both @Hamin and @1182512 upload videos from the same YouTube channels, right? What are the odds? Or maybe someone got sloppy in covering their tracks.

Or maybe I'm imagining things. Or am I?

1182512 said:

Etjama said:

1182512 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Completely coincidental.
    Oh yeah? Oh my god, it's so coincidental that both @Hamin and @1182512 upload videos from the same YouTube channels, right? What are the odds? Or maybe someone got sloppy in covering their tracks.

Or maybe I'm imagining things. Or am I?
    Shush, not so loud. The mods will hear you.
    Anyway, I really enjoyed your story @HeroBoltsy . It was engaging and well written. I’m interested to see where it goes next. Definitely giving me something to look forward to through this

Anyway, I really enjoyed your story @HeroBoltsy . It was engaging and well written. I’m interested to see where it goes next. Definitely giving me something to look forward to through this

Thank you! It'll be interesting to see if I can keep it up in the coming weeks, I tend to be OK with short stories but long-form writing is where my skill tends to deteriorate a little... I'm glad that you're looking forward to the next installment, though. See you next Monday, then!
  • TimefishyTimefishy Posts: 60
    OP I used to write stories like you on the forums, too. Yours are better than mine were by a mile. I'll be looking forward to your next installment
    Timefishy said:

OP I used to write stories like you on the forums, too. Yours are better than mine were by a mile. I'll be looking forward to your next installment

Thank you! I have no idea who you are, though. To be completely honest, I only remember "A Summoner and his Champions" as another story-based series here on the forums. No offense intended.

Thank you! It'll be interesting to see if I can keep it up in the coming weeks, I tend to be OK with short stories but long-form writing is where my skill tends to deteriorate a little... I'm glad that you're looking forward to the next installment, though. See you next Monday, then!
    I look forward to it

edited April 2020
    Honestly this has been the most fun I’ve had on a forum thread since I joined. Thanks for this.
  • SmokieisgodSmokieisgod Posts: 104
    I agree I loved all of hamin works. These types of posts.is why this is an awesome community!