**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Made up characters

StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
Anyone else tired of these made up versions of characters? Seems there are a bigger and bigger percentage of characters introduced to this game. The reason I started to play this game is characters from the movies or comics. I normally purchase an Odin's worth of unit every time a new character comes out. I have decided to stop buying any units whatsoever whenever the new character is a made up character.....and If the percentage of new made up characters keeps increasing I'll replace this game with a different one.

Comments

• jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    I think that characters that were made by Kabam is a good idea as it is their game. It also shows what they can come up with.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    Well if you spent an Odin on Falcon and not Ægon or Sorcerer Supreme, I’m sorry for you bro. Try to get plugged in with the lore. The Guillotine storyline and Ægon storyline are very interesting
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited April 2020

Well if you spent an Odin on Falcon and not Ægon or Sorcerer Supreme, I’m sorry for you bro. Try to get plugged in with the lore. The Guillotine storyline and Ægon storyline are very interesting

i wasn't playing the game when Falcon came out so you don't have to feel for me there ;)

The point of spending an Odin is to support the game on content I enjoy not trying to play a catch up game when it comes to getting god tier characters. Honestly i almost never end up getting the featured character anyways so odds are I'll end up with god tier characters.

And yes it's their game but the game does have Marvel in the title and characters I know and love is what got me in the game in the first place and it's one of the main things that will keep me in the game in the long term.

Anyways i'm just saying my money in this game goes towards the familiar characters not the made up characters. Too many of the made up characters and I'll just lose interest because the game will lose excitement. A month in which we see Silver Surfer, Nova, etc has me excited for what's to come....a game with the 2 made up characters this month? zero excitement
  • YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★
    Last year one Kabam original champ was released and the year before that there were 3 released so in the span of those two years. So if we include this year plus the past two then 8 out of 58 champs released have been Kabam originals. Even if you for some reason hate kabam characters they are barely getting released to the amount of marvel original characters.

Your money doesn't go towards familiar characters it goes to Kabam who if they have they say so from marvel are allowed to create original characters.

Since you hate kabam originals so much I hope you don't pull an aegon, symbiote supreme, or guillotine 2099 and pray you get marvel original characters such as Iron fist, Joe fixit, or abomination.
  • YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★
    Last year they released one original champ and the year before that they released 3. If we count this year and the past two years then Kabam have released 8 original champs out of the 58 marvel originals. They barely release original characters so this argument you make where they release too many of them makes no sense.

It's there game it doesn't matter what got you into the game in the first place, they're not entitled to please you especially since many people love the Kabam originals not just for their abilities but for the lore and story behind them.

Since you hate Kabam originals for your sake I hope you don't pull aegon, symbiote supreme, or Guillotine 2099 and instead hope you get your favorite marvel originals such as Iron fist, Joe fixit, or abomination.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,682 ★★★★★
    I used to think the same way, but some of the characters really grew on me. I honestly thought Guillotine was a Marvel original that I didn't know about (I joined the game a little late), and so the character and her storyline grew on me. And her 2099 version is so cool. Aegon, as well, is supposed to be based on Ares, but looks so much cooler. Also, Marvel are somehow involved in the design / release of these originals, so that kind of makes it canon .. you know?
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    RockyXCII said:

I used to think the same way, but some of the characters really grew on me. I honestly thought Guillotine was a Marvel original that I didn't know about (I joined the game a little late), and so the character and her storyline grew on me. And her 2099 version is so cool. Aegon, as well, is supposed to be based on Ares, but looks so much cooler. Also, Marvel are somehow involved in the design / release of these originals, so that kind of makes it canon .. you know?

the problem with these new characters is i could list 50 characters out of my head that i know of in the marvel universe i would prefer seeing. It wouldn't be so bad if they added a new character as a 3rd character in a month every once in a while instead of taking the slots that could be used for existing characters. The lifetime of this game isn't infinite so for every new character they add it is one less existing character you can see.

as for my comments not making sense not true. I'm basing my comments on more recent releases over the last few months. There has been an increase number of made up champs. I'm bringing this up as I don't like the increase in frequency and don't like the direction they could be heading in.