**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Chat banned for using a word from Incursions. NEED HELP

N0toriousRED53N0toriousRED53 Posts: 45
edited April 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
I have seen other people who are going through the same problem. I was playing incursions and tried to ask my partner about the new buff/node system Kabam calls "Hacks". It was censored so I tried to rewrite it. Little did I know that you can "flood the chat" and get banned. If the word "Hack" is on the censored list.. why use it for in game content when you can easily use another non censored word?

I have tried to reach out to Kabam's customer support and I get the generic same message to look at the violation rules(3x). Is there a way to talk to a real person to help understand this issue. I am sure others would also like an answer. I hope Kabam will right this wrong.

Side note, Kabam needs to revise their autocensorship program or change the in game wording (the word Hack in incursions)

Comments

• N0toriousRED53N0toriousRED53 Posts: 45
    Anyone else having this issue?
  • Was not a wise choice of words to assign to their new Incursion Buff selection method. They should have just named them “BUFFS” since everyone is familiar with that meaning.

The word you’re referring to has always been a no-no in Chat, since it often describes methods for cheating in the game, which is a real big no-no. So it's always censored to avoid people trying to solicit that in chat.
  • Monto_Carlos28Monto_Carlos28 Posts: 246

Anyone else having this issue?

I KNOW RIGHT?
    3-5 months back when they had this event where you can exchange potions, I was discussing about the exchange rate and guess which word was censored, "change".
    Me without knowing, kept writing it and boom. CHAT BANNED!
    Plus got the same response from Kabam on like 5 emails I sent.
    It's like talking to a wall. Felt so frustrated at their lack of concern/will power
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Was not a wise choice of words to assign to their new Incursion Buff selection method. They should have just named them “BUFFS” since everyone is familiar with that meaning.

The word you’re referring to has always been a no-no in Chat, since it often describes methods for cheating in the game, which is a real big no-no. So it's always censored to avoid people trying to solicit that in chat.

I think BUFFS would have opened a whole other can of worms, though. People are already upset at the distinction between buffs and passives. Adding another meaning to the word outside of what is effectively "an active modifier for your champion that can be manipulated by your opponent" would not be advisable.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    They just need to sort out the filter thing, they censor words like champs and 6* sometimes and then with weird letters you can still write swears
  • Please submit a ticket to our Suppor team. They can look into this.
This discussion has been closed.