**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

When a champ comes out - :O A month later -_-

Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
Which champions did the mcoc community including youtubers were super excited for but was never much talked about after a few months in your opinion ?

Just interested to see how we go after 'the new cool champ' each time and then it just ends up somewhere in the roaster never to be used or rarely used after a couple of months

Comments

• Webby72Webby72 Posts: 247 ★★
    To be fair, the new champs are widely unavailable (unless you are willing to spend on the featured crystals or grind out the arena) for a good 6 months after initial release iirc.

Some of the youtubers that big up the champion do see them as a great champ, just not quite as good as the top 1% of the game, which are already in their rosters.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Ebony Maw and Silver Surfer we’re hyped pre-release but then panned post-release.
  • GercasGercas Posts: 99 ★★
    In my opinion Cull, everybody rank 5 him and were hype for his damage but later everybody find about his low block proficiency and almost nobody uses him and as soon the rank down tickets came to play I think everybody rank down him
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    edited April 2020
    I would say starlord because they are many beyond god tiers in the game and they dont even use starlord in any gamemode they have completely forgotten starlord
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

I would say starlord because they are many beyond god tiers in the game and they dont even use starlord in any gamemode they have completely forgotten starlord

aegon does everything starlord can do better
    "Someone" said that moleman would be a "insane new skill corvus". No one has ever used him for anything because he sucks
  • I would say starlord because they are many beyond god tiers in the game and they dont even use starlord in any gamemode they have completely forgotten starlord

Back in the day though starlord was the go to champ for realm of legends before all of the newer champs came out.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★

"Someone" said that moleman would be a "insane new skill corvus". No one has ever used him for anything because he sucks

Lol Lagacy said so
    "Crit bleeds"
    JtheGoat said:

Guillotine 2099. She got so hyped by alot of youtubers and later was never even touched. They said how her damage would be good the abyss but almost no one used her for it.

I ranked her up bc of the hype, but the only thing I find myself using her for is sinister bosses and AWD
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Proxima Midnight 100%.

Her hype was so high. She was released for the content creator preview program. Someone leaked her huge damage potential early and really got people excited. Once the videos went live, everyone had their videos of her doing 100k+ damage hits.

She was released the same month as Corvus. She was so hyped that she overshadowed Corvus. To put numbers to it, in their initial arenas, 5* Proxima went for over 50 million each round. Corvus went for 30 million and UNDER 14 MILLION for his two arenas! Corvus flew under the radar for sure.

Now everyone loves Corvus and I don't see many people using Proxima despite her being a great champ. In my opinion, the biggest thing holding her back is the fact that her biggest draw is her high damage output but Kabam keeps kneecapping her by instituting damage caps in places like Labyrinth and Abyss.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    edited April 2020
    Proxima midnight is one of those champs I never ever use in some ways I see her sorta like namor but worse because with namor he can reflect damage I wish proxima had persistent charges but I’m pretty sure if she mission’s carriered Missions match to match she would be overpowered but I just feel it takes to long to get her damage to a point where it’s viable people hyped her up a insane amount yet today people rarely use her in act 6 level content and if they do most of the time I see them bring her in for the Corvus synergy she was super overhyped
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★

Proxima Midnight 100%.

Her hype was so high. She was released for the content creator preview program. Someone leaked her huge damage potential early and really got people excited. Once the videos went live, everyone had their videos of her doing 100k+ damage hits.

She was released the same month as Corvus. She was so hyped that she overshadowed Corvus. To put numbers to it, in their initial arenas, 5* Proxima went for over 50 million each round. Corvus went for 30 million and UNDER 14 MILLION for his two arenas! Corvus flew under the radar for sure.

Now everyone loves Corvus and I don't see many people using Proxima despite her being a great champ. In my opinion, the biggest thing holding her back is the fact that her biggest draw is her high damage output but Kabam keeps kneecapping her by instituting damage caps in places like Labyrinth and Abyss.

I hear you about proxima. I was very excited to get her as a 5 star. It took a lot of training to be able to do the missions on hard content but gradually i found that there are champs that take less effort and have more ease of play than her. And now i prefer utility over damage and even if fight takes a bit longer it is much better than pulling hairs while playing proxima etc
    FRITO_Man said:

Lol Lagacy said so
    "Crit bleeds"
    Only stating facts here , Lagacy says every new champ is a god and then people go crazy.

There is the random element thing but i still find him useful for line clearing. Because we do need to keep a combo for any champ we play and he rewards you for it. I only have him at r4 because i got him late and have already ranked others. But personally, he is a great champ i think. Some tweaking could help. Like the element gun and a combo shield