**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Estimated Units cost (First Abyss Run) ??

Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
Is there anyone who had completed abyss can tell the estimated Units required to complete the first run??

My team:
Ægon 5/65 (Signature 180)
Symbiot Supreme 5/65 (Signature 20)
Morningstar 5/65 (Signature 100)
Void 5/65 (Signature 200)
NF 6* Rank2 (undupe)

I’m holding around 3000 units now with 20 revives in stash with some health pots.

Should i go for another 1000 units to be safe???

Comments

• Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    You have a solid roster but it all come down to how skillful you are.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Viper83 said:

You have a solid roster but it all come down to how skillful you are.

For Skill i can say i did 6.4 completion
    All variants
    Till 6.2 100%
    Further LOL 100% done already
    That being said, 3000 units should be good enough, but at the same time extra 1000 units wont hut, bit of safely net is always good to have.
    If that fury was dupped boi boi!
    Viper83 said:

That being said, 3000 units should be good enough, but at the same time extra 1000 units wont hut, bit of safely net is always good to have.
    If that fury was dupped boi boi!

Going for ranking him up only lol
    Maybe an awakening or skill gem 🥶
    edited April 2020
    Good luck! Hope you get the gem for him.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    @Horror_punk
    You might struggle a bit on Invisible Woman if your Fury isn't duped. Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't seen any videos of an unduped Fury taking her down. It's possible, but it may be a challenge.

Any chance you have a duped 5* Fury or a Rank 5 Killmonger?

I would use KM if you have for IW, he makes the fight so normal... NF needs the Dupe but goodluck!

Regards,
    Supreme Leader x

This was my tactic as well as I don't have a duped Nick Fury. I used KM for the Invisible Woman fight. It took me 6 revives to get her down, but that was back when she was bugged and lots of my damage was being reduced even when her shield was down. Kabam says they have addressed the issue, but I haven't been back in to check.

The biggest thing with KM is making the L3 count. Build to 50 bleeds, get the shield down, and make sure reverberation and true strike are both active. If you satisfy all these conditions and launch the L3, she'll take some big damage.

The other bright side to KM is the healing. I spent most of the IW fight at full health because he'd purify many of the debuffs that IW places. No potions necessary upon reviving. L1 revive and go back in. You'll be back at full health about 20 seconds into the fight. Also, Void gets regen in his fights too, so Mordo, Mephisto, and anyone else you use him for become much cheaper.
  • Laksh1995Laksh1995 Posts: 207
    Yes even 2k would be enough . I did abyss first run with 1.7k units

@Horror_punk
    You might struggle a bit on Invisible Woman if your Fury isn't duped. Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't seen any videos of an unduped Fury taking her down. It's possible, but it may be a challenge.

Any chance you have a duped 5* Fury or a Rank 5 Killmonger?

I’ll use My Ægon with that defence mastery (fatigue) placing debuff on that invisible woman
    Hopefully it’ll work i guess and get some chunk of health otherwise I’ll drop some 10-15 revives
    I think whenever giving an estimate for how many units it will take, it's important to note the roster and the size of the stash of revives you're starting with.

For example, I got to the Collector with less than 500 units spent, but I had a large stash of revives going in. Also, I didn't have Aegon, so fighting the Collector destroyed my otherwise inexpensive run.

From what I've seen, Aegon the cheapest option for taking down the Collector by a very wide margin. No other champ comes remotely close.
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★

Is there anyone who had completed abyss can tell the estimated Units required to complete the first run??

My team:
    Ægon 5/65 (Signature 180)
    Symbiot Supreme 5/65 (Signature 20)
    Morningstar 5/65 (Signature 100)
    Void 5/65 (Signature 200)
    NF 6* Rank2 (undupe)

I’m holding around 3000 units now with 20 revives in stash with some health pots.

Should i go for another 1000 units to be safe???

Personally replace Morningstar is beast.She can solo Aegon,VTD and Champion boss.But replace that's Symbiote Supreme with doom or Claire.Claire only of you run suicides
    I'm going to venture a guess and say that MS and Sym Supreme are on the team because Doom and BWCV aren't options.
    Yes guys @King_Leo321 and @Mirage_Turtle i doesn’t have Doom and Clair so using these 2
    Morningstar for CMM and Symbiot for other

Void gonna be useful against mystics and Joe fixit alongwith HTD

Yes guys @King_Leo321 and @Mirage_Turtle i doesn’t have Doom and Clair so using these 2
    Morningstar for CMM and Symbiot for other

Void gonna be useful against mystics and Joe fixit alongwith HTD

Best of luck with Howard the Duck. There's definitely some RNG involved with that one. I got very lucky and had FOV and 2 Petrifies on while he triggered a regen both times. He went from 60% to 0% VERY quickly.

And I'll cross my fingers that you get a heart suit early on the Joe Fixit fight.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Yes you have a good roster as well as a great stash, if you have any free crystals that should be good.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Honestly, Aegon will be a lot better for that IW than unduped Fury will be. Heck, I think he's a better option than a duped Fury. I used both during my run and Aegon was a lot better than Fury. My unit spend was around 5K if I am remembering correctly.
    I’ve made an estimation in advance for number of revives required which is as follows:

1. Thing - 5
    2. Omega Red- 3
    3. Quake- 3
    4. Medusa- 3
    5. Mephisto - 4
    6. CMM* - 15
    7. Ghost - 3
    8. IMIW* - 15
    9. Joe fixit- 3
    10. Mordo- 3
    11. VTD - 4
    12. HTD - 4
    13. Hyperion- 4
    14. Champion - 4
    15. Cyclops* - 10
    16. Loki - 2
    17. Ægon- 2
    18. Invisible Woman*- 10
    19. Cull- 3
    20. Collector* - 30

50+80 = 130 - 20= 110

Above analysis is on a safer side.
    Is this good enough??
    I’ve got 20 revives in stash so that’s a minus above
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    So MS and SymS can replace Doom/BWCV. Are there any champs to replace HT/Void?
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

CapIW maybe?
    H3t3r said:

CapIW maybe?
    Anyone who’s immune to incinerate can do that part

I’ve made an estimation in advance for number of revives required which is as follows:

1. Thing - 5
    2. Omega Red- 3
    3. Quake- 3
    4. Medusa- 3
    5. Mephisto - 4
    6. CMM* - 15
    7. Ghost - 3
    8. IMIW* - 15
    9. Joe fixit- 3
    10. Mordo- 3
    11. VTD - 4
    12. HTD - 4
    13. Hyperion- 4
    14. Champion - 4
    15. Cyclops* - 10
    16. Loki - 2
    17. Ægon- 2
    18. Invisible Woman*- 10
    19. Cull- 3
    20. Collector* - 30

50+80 = 130 - 20= 110

Is this good enough??

If you have Void and you genuinely think IMIW is going to cost you 15 revives, I think it's in your best interest to run some practice rounds on him first. He's the first fight if you head right, so practice is cheap. You should comfortably get that number down to 5 or less without any boosts. Practice rounds will also get you familiar with his Abyssal enhancement where he drains your power every 10 hits. You'll want to be able to play around this to maximize your damage.

Keep in mind that for any fight in Abyss when using Void, the damage comes from the debuffs he places. Whenever possible, you want to parry, medium, back away. You want to stretch out Void's fights as long as possible to let the debuffs do their work. If you can get this down, it should save you 10 or more revives...400 units.

CMM can be a bit challenging without the right counter, so 15 isn't unreasonable.

Cyclops is the other one that jumps out at me. I don't know who you're planning on using, but I used Void here too. Once he got 2 petrify buffs up, it becomes a very normal fight since he won't gain any power, so you don't have to worry about his beam attacks which effectively shuts down his enhancement. After that, just parry, medium, parry, medium. Weave in an L1 when you can. It's tedious, but it's easy. You should also be able to get this one down to 5 or fewer revives.

1. Thing - 5
    2. Omega Red- 3
    3. Quake- 3
    4. Medusa- 3
    5. Mephisto - 4
    6. CMM* - 15
    7. Ghost - 3
    8. IMIW* - 15
    9. Joe fixit- 3
    10. Mordo- 3
    11. VTD - 4
    12. HTD - 4
    13. Hyperion- 4
    14. Champion - 4
    15. Cyclops* - 10
    16. Loki - 2
    17. Ægon- 2
    18. Invisible Woman*- 10
    19. Cull- 3
    20. Collector* - 30

50+80 = 130 - 20= 110

Is this good enough??

If you have Void and you genuinely think IMIW is going to cost you 15 revives, I think it's in your best interest to run some practice rounds on him first. He's the first fight if you head right, so practice is cheap. You should comfortably get that number down to 5 or less without any boosts. Practice rounds will also get you familiar with his Abyssal enhancement where he drains your power every 10 hits. You'll want to be able to play around this to maximize your damage.

Keep in mind that for any fight in Abyss when using Void, the damage comes from the debuffs he places. Whenever possible, you want to parry, medium, back away. You want to stretch out Void's fights as long as possible to let the debuffs do their work. If you can get this down, it should save you 10 or more revives...400 units.

CMM can be a bit challenging without the right counter, so 15 isn't unreasonable.

Cyclops is the other one that jumps out at me. I don't know who you're planning on using, but I used Void here too. Once he got 2 petrify buffs up, it becomes a very normal fight since he won't gain any power, so you don't have to worry about his beam attacks which effectively shuts down his enhancement. After that, just parry, medium, parry, medium. Weave in an L1 when you can. It's tedious, but it's easy. You should also be able to get this one down to 5 or fewer revives.
    Bro I planning to using Ægon for IMIW till his 15% health then switch to Void for remaining health

Similarly, I’m planning to do whole fight of CMM with Morningstar (she got perfect block: plus regen: plus some power control too and copying fury buffs)

For cyclops I’m planning using Ægon. If he works fine then it’s ok otherwise I’ll switch to void as you mentioned

Any other advice is welcome bro to save the units being a F2P summoner

Thanks
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    Hey mate, I used a very similar lineup to you and made a detailed post about it:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/184986/abyss-initial-completion-guide-with-data-as-a-f2p-void-sym-sup-aegon-and-fury#latest

I would grind another 500-800 as i think 3.5k is the minimum for your first time, skill aside it becomes fatigue
    Woozie said:

Hey mate, I used a very similar lineup to you and made a detailed post about it:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/184986/abyss-initial-completion-guide-with-data-as-a-f2p-void-sym-sup-aegon-and-fury#latest

I would grind another 500-800 as i think 3.5k is the minimum for your first time, skill aside it becomes fatigue

Thanks pal
    Just read that post and I didn’t knew about loki’s ability

Thanks for help
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★

Woozie said:

Thanks pal
    Just read that post and I didn’t knew about loki’s ability

Thanks for help
    No worries, although I think Loki is no way near as hard as some of the others there haha

1. Thing - 5
    2. Omega Red- 3
    3. Quake- 3
    4. Medusa- 3
    5. Mephisto - 4
    6. CMM* - 15
    7. Ghost - 3
    8. IMIW* - 15
    9. Joe fixit- 3
    10. Mordo- 3
    11. VTD - 4
    12. HTD - 4
    13. Hyperion- 4
    14. Champion - 4
    15. Cyclops* - 10
    16. Loki - 2
    17. Ægon- 2
    18. Invisible Woman*- 10
    19. Cull- 3
    20. Collector* - 30

50+80 = 130 - 20= 110

Is this good enough??

Bro I planning to using Ægon for IMIW till his 15% health then switch to Void for remaining health

Similarly, I’m planning to do whole fight of CMM with Morningstar (she got perfect block: plus regen: plus some power control too and copying fury buffs)

For cyclops I’m planning using Ægon. If he works fine then it’s ok otherwise I’ll switch to void as you mentioned

Any other advice is welcome bro to save the units being a F2P summoner

Thanks
    If you need to build up a combo on IMIW for Aegon, then maybe I could see this making sense. Otherwise, dying a bunch of times with Aegon when you have the best counter for IMIW in the game (my opinion) right in your team seems wasteful. When I took that fight, it took 2 revives, but I have a TON of experience fighting IMIW with Void and I only died when he went unstoppable.

For CMM with Morningstar, you want to hammer her block to let her build charges. She'll take big damage that way since you're a mystic champ. When she has 10 or more binary charges and your power is built up, hit her with a heavy to trigger binary ignition and then waste her with an unblockable L2. Rinse and repeat.

For Cyclops, you've got to stay pretty focused to do this fight well. You have to alternate between evading his specials and parrying them. If you feel you're 100% confident you can do this without messing up, then Aegon is a better option. However, for anyone who is looking for tips on saving units on revives, I'll 100% recommend Void for this fight. Get 2 petrifies and he never fires a special again.