**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Netflix vs Classic

2»

Comments

• Options
    EdyBrokEdyBrok Posts: 38

First off: Netflix Daredevil looks cooler.

They both have their uses; and Unawakened, Netflix Daredevil is definitely superior; although he does need his Physical Resistance increased. He has higher baseline critical rate; although Classic Daredevil gets a higher boost with his Specials. Over the course of a fight, they probably get even numbers of critical hits. He has that basic 15% evade, which certainly kicks in regularly enough to be useful (no one complains about Black Widow's 3% evasion, just because Spiderman does it better!).

Awakened though, Classic Daredevils Evasion is unquestionably a better ability than World on Fire; which at the very least needs a longer duration to be comparable. Classic DD can effectively ignore a large number of Special attacks; even on unblockable nodes. There is simply no comparison between this ability, and a short-term Critical boost.

On a positive note for Netflix DD, the Armour Break does it for me - like most people, I use Parry to get extra stuns in, and can usually stack 4+ Armour Breaks at a time. This makes him a pretty effective champion against opponents reliant on armour.

So, I like Netflix Daredevil. But pound for pound, Classic Daredevil's Evasion is simply far better than World on Fire; and so he's the stronger champion.

I have both 4* champs Awakened, and my heart is with Netflix DD. But my brain is with Classic, so he's the one I ranked up to 4/40. I still get to use Netflix in the arenas...

Hmm... why prefer evading specials when dexterity can be applied to almost all specials?
    I know world on fire has a limited scope but I don't think a guaranteed chance to evade specials (max sig level) is quite as handy when dexterity is well-used. And even against hard-to-dex specials blocking can do the trick most of the time (at least for me)
  • Options
    EdyBrok said:

They both have their uses; and Unawakened, Netflix Daredevil is definitely superior; although he does need his Physical Resistance increased. He has higher baseline critical rate; although Classic Daredevil gets a higher boost with his Specials. Over the course of a fight, they probably get even numbers of critical hits. He has that basic 15% evade, which certainly kicks in regularly enough to be useful (no one complains about Black Widow's 3% evasion, just because Spiderman does it better!).

Awakened though, Classic Daredevils Evasion is unquestionably a better ability than World on Fire; which at the very least needs a longer duration to be comparable. Classic DD can effectively ignore a large number of Special attacks; even on unblockable nodes. There is simply no comparison between this ability, and a short-term Critical boost.

On a positive note for Netflix DD, the Armour Break does it for me - like most people, I use Parry to get extra stuns in, and can usually stack 4+ Armour Breaks at a time. This makes him a pretty effective champion against opponents reliant on armour.

So, I like Netflix Daredevil. But pound for pound, Classic Daredevil's Evasion is simply far better than World on Fire; and so he's the stronger champion.

I have both 4* champs Awakened, and my heart is with Netflix DD. But my brain is with Classic, so he's the one I ranked up to 4/40. I still get to use Netflix in the arenas...

Hmm... why prefer evading specials when dexterity can be applied to almost all specials?
    I know world on fire has a limited scope but I don't think a guaranteed chance to evade specials (max sig level) is quite as handy when dexterity is well-used. And even against hard-to-dex specials blocking can do the trick most of the time (at least for me)
    You're just asking for a suspension huh?
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    EdyBrok said:

another old post revive?
  • Options
    We are going to close this thread as it began a few years ago. Please do not bring these old threads back to life. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.