**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Map Discussion

2»

Comments

• Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    Ja55 wrote: »
    winterthur wrote: »
    This sums up with defender kill points removed.

ncaj45dgqjco.jpg

lol, i made and posted that in the other discussion...which i may point out, this thread should have been apart of instead of opening a new thread.

as of right now, we know very little about anytbing in this map. the top secret nature of kabams plan to not let us in on anything is beyond dumb. so really, there isnt much to talk about until Sept 6

He does as he wants when he wants where he wants. Don't ask questions.

lol. got it! :D

Sorry i was talking about someone else not winterthur. Internetgrabber
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    video or no video this thread should be a part of the 15.0 alliance wars update discussion. you could have added the video in there for everyone to discuss.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    video or no video this thread should be a part of the 15.0 alliance wars update discussion. you could have added the video in there for everyone to discuss.

The video is what makes it a different discussion. It's not about the changes to War. It's about the Map and the preview of what we saw, how we feel about the new Map, how we are thinking about tackling it. You're free to participate, but I'm not about to argue over the existence of my own Thread.
    Moving on.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    edited September 2017
    @GroundedWisdom forgive me....i forgot that you can do no wrong and are infinitely right.

please, dont let me hold you up

lmao
    Well... flare node is a great node in 5.1, but not excited to see it in AW. Unavoidable degen, when you only have 3 champs and a limited number of pots and revives.

Definitely good to consider having someone with Wolverine or another Regen Champ.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    It really looks like exploration will be more difficult, and will put more pressure on everyone to use items to finish paths so others don't get forced to power through linked nodes. The map looks like 9 paths that must be ran to get to the boss, not allowing people to double up paths to get to the boss. I don't like the fact that defender kills give zero points, or the new diversity thing. That just renders lots of champs obsolete, people ranked up based on best defenders, and now we will be forced to have every teammate have unique defenders to give us our best chance at winning. There's also the idea floating around about using less defenders to depive the other team of attacker kills.i just don't see this as making 5*s more available to promote 6*s. There are too many things going on at once, and it will be too expensive to do war, aq, and 5.3 on a regular basis. It will probably encourage more shell alliances as well.
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    It really looks like exploration will be more difficult, and will put more pressure on everyone to use items to finish paths so others don't get forced to power through linked nodes. The map looks like 9 paths that must be ran to get to the boss, not allowing people to double up paths to get to the boss. I don't like the fact that defender kills give zero points, or the new diversity thing. That just renders lots of champs obsolete, people ranked up based on best defenders, and now we will be forced to have every teammate have unique defenders to give us our best chance at winning. There's also the idea floating around about using less defenders to depive the other team of attacker kills.i just don't see this as making 5*s more available to promote 6*s. There are too many things going on at once, and it will be too expensive to do war, aq, and 5.3 on a regular basis. It will probably encourage more shell alliances as well.

Well, from what I understand, Exploration Points are lower, Kills are higher. Defense will still be important because that prevents Kills. The main thing that is different for me is sending the toughest Offense to the outskirts to weaken the middle, as opposed to the other way around. Diversity for me is a good thing. It somewhat curbs a Map full of Magik and NC. The main thing about the Portals is being able to choose another Path if it looks too challenging, which can actually save using Resources. It's definitely a larger Map, but Energy comes sooner.
    Ja55 wrote: »
    Kpatrix wrote: »

Well, from what I understand, Exploration Points are lower, Kills are higher. Defense will still be important because that prevents Kills. The main thing that is different for me is sending the toughest Offense to the outskirts to weaken the middle, as opposed to the other way around. Diversity for me is a good thing. It somewhat curbs a Map full of Magik and NC. The main thing about the Portals is being able to choose another Path if it looks too challenging, which can actually save using Resources. It's definitely a larger Map, but Energy comes sooner.

Skip a path and leaving a node up does not make anything easier.

That all depends on the Points on each side, what needs to be taken out, what the Node is attached to, etc. Doesn't necessarily mean a Loss. It's just strategy and coordination.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    This thread is a violation of the forum rules and should be marked as spam. Rules are rules.
    This thread is a violation of the forum rules and should be marked as spam. Rules are rules.

This Thread is not in violation of any rules.

This Thread is not in violation of any rules.

its spam. they have a dedicated thread for 15.0 alliance war update discussion. some one already posted the link on the first page of your thread. spam is a violation of the rules.

This is the last time I will explain it. After that, I will gladly engage with you on the topic, but the debate on whether this Thread is appropriate or not is over.
    This is not about the changes coming to War with 15.0. It is a discussion about the preview of the new Map contained in the video. It's about how people feel on what they've seen, and how they are considering strategy based on what's been shown. It is not about how they feel about the changes to War in general, which is what that Thread is about. It's about the Map Preview. That is not spam. It is a very specific discussion, one that is intended to be productive. If you have something to contribute to the topic, by all means do. I'm done defending the existence of my discussion.
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/115827
    Hey OP,

You've already been posting in the AW Discussion Thread, so we know that you know it exists. Please keep Discussion of the new Map there. Further, you won't really be able to get a grasp of it until you check it out when Matchmaking starts again

Which was posted before the Preview went live.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Hey OP,

You've already been posting in the AW Discussion Thread, so we know that you know it exists. Please keep Discussion of the new Map there. Further, you won't really be able to get a grasp of it until you check it out when Matchmaking starts again

It wasn't
    Hey OP,

It wasn't

So it wasn't.
    I'm trying to have a productive discussion about what was shown in the video. We have Moderators. Try to stay on topic and keep it constructive people.
    edited September 2017
    Flagging everything I say really doesn't bother me. I started a discussion. It is up to the Moderation to decide what is appropriate and what is not. I am not responsible for what they decide with other Threads. I asked specifically how people felt about what was shown in the video. I didn't ask for more information on it. That's about all I have to say.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I see that Miike is online. Can you close this thread now?
    Miike was online when it was posted.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Mods were active after this thread was created, and they left it up.

I hope we're wrong about how annoyong or difficult the AW will be now. At least it seems like people are annoyed about more than just the elimination of the Defender Kill points.
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Mods were active after this thread was created, and they left it up.

I hope we're wrong about how annoyong or difficult the AW will be now. At least it seems like people are annoyed about more than just the elimination of the Defender Kill points.

Well, I think it was a bit overreacted. It's just a shift in how we accumulate Points. That will be the real strategy change for me. At the end of the day, it's just checks and balances. I'll have to see how much is worth what. I think for me it's just a shift.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    People overreact because they refuse to give us all the details. They remember what happend when they complained about Scarlet Witch sig description, the first major arena change idea and the announced Rhino buff that took 6 moths or longer than planned, to release.
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    People overreact because they refuse to give us all the detail. They remember what happend when they complained about Scarlet Witch sig description, the first major arena change idea and the announced Rhino buff that took 6 moths or more longer than planned, to release.

Well, I'm not trying to discredit peoples' feelings. They're entitied to their own reactions. I'm just focused on the adjustment. For me, as a War organizer, it's all about accumulating the most Points at the end of the War. If changes are being made to how one area scores and added to others, that means I have to reallocate my focus. I'm somewhat detached to it because I'm thinking about how to maximize Points.