**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champs we can all agree will never make it to 6*..and you should therefore R5

Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 345 ★★★
Due to expiring resources I was looking at champs I might take to R5 which i wouldn't do under normal circumstances. I then got to thinking..what champs will NEVER be released as 6 stars are therefore worthy of being taken to R5 on that merit alone. The following champs came to mind:

Magick
Ghost Rider
Dr Voodoo
Thor OG
Medusa (Although many would R5 anyway)
Archangel
Iceman
Was also thinking Rogue? (Although I think she might get a six star release)

What other champs do you think will never be made as 6 star and are now worth R5 as a result.

Comments

• TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 613 ★★★
    AA, Iceman
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Magik is rank 5 worthy regardless of her being released as a 6* or not.
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 345 ★★★

Magik is rank 5 worthy regardless of her being released as a 6* or not.

I would say shes borderline. The fact that shes never going to be a 6* certainly makes it more attractive now
    -sixate- said:

Quake and Hyperion

I'd argue they were always worthy. So long as you can 'quake and bake'
    Lvernon15 said:

I hope they just release them all but quake seems least likely to me, she’s be sooooo strong as a 6 star and has 0 reliance on the dupe

I hope so too but i think 6 stars and gates are kabams way of wiping the slate clean and 'nerfing' those champs for future content. There's no doubt in my mind they regret releasing champs like Blade an Quake. I'm amazed they actually released Ghost, Corvus and Domino as six stars. @TheKiryu made a great video on this.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    I think there's no reason kabam will not release any champs as 6* (except maybe Quake).

Blade, Magik, Hyperion, AA, Iceman etc while powerful would not break the game or anything when you already have Corvus, Aegon, Ghost, Doom etc available as 6*
  • MrR0b0tMrR0b0t Posts: 234
    Scarlet witch hasn't made it to 5 star and when she does I will mini whale my heart out for her. 6 will never ever happen for her.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    We always said dr strange, electro, OG thor would never be 5*. and look where we are now
  • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    Primmer79 said:

We always said dr strange, electro, OG thor would never be 5*. and look where we are now

This is true, Kabam is constantly releasinng new 6* champs with the new featured crystals
  • MrR0b0tMrR0b0t Posts: 234
    Primmer79 said:

None of them have potential to dominate like Scarlet as a 4 star can. I'm hoping she will one day. She will be a huge arena score if she ever comes in arena.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    MrR0b0t said:

Primmer79 said:

None of them have potential to dominate like Scarlet as a 4 star can. I'm hoping she will one day. She will be a huge arena score if she ever comes in arena.
    I tend to be one of the people that think current champions would outdo her. Definitely better than the ones I mentioned previously, but I see some champs as better than her already.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    H_I_Z said:

Primmer79 said:

This is true, Kabam is constantly releasinng new 6* champs with the new featured crystals
    The ones that suck. I have a suspicion that the featured addition policy will change once all the garbage champs are in and all that’s left are the studs.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    MrR0b0t said:

Primmer79 said:

Don’t count your chickens. I doubt they release her or wolverine as 6 stars.
  • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★

MrR0b0t said:

Primmer79 said:

Don’t count your chickens. I doubt they release her or wolverine as 6 stars.
    I think the reason is they can’t because then they would become too powerful
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Quake, Hype and Magik sadly
  • Sidd777Sidd777 Posts: 161
    Why exactly won’t these champs be released as 6 stars? Because they’re older champs or because be game breaking to a extent?
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I’m not counting on Sparky being added any time soon.
    I’ll end up taking Crossbones to r5 for this reason also, even though I could see him becoming a 6*
    Sorry I couldn’t think to put it all in one post, also Voodoo, and I might be mistaken on this, Black Widow.
  • AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    Blade.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    I could see all of these become 6*s when 7*s come out. I could even see a Ice Man and Doctor Voodoo become 6*s soon as they aren't broken like Cull and Corvus who are 6*s. I could even see Blade and Stark Spidey becoming one soon.