**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Infinity Stones

Infinity Stones may or may not be introduced into MCOC but this is my plot for how Infinity Stones would work as a new earnable system mechanic:

All additional buffs from infinity Stones will last for 10 seconds, there would be a gauge that fills up as you fight. When the gauge is full you would simply tap the stone icon activating the 10 second buff ability; Infinity Stone buffs will be universal to all champions. You will have a chance at getting Infinity Stones within Crystals, if you happen to get duplicate Infinity Stones they will be converted into units. Confrontation against A.I. with Infinity Stones will only occur within Alliance Wars.

Power Stone - The power stone when activated will apply a 10 second damage and defence buff, basic attacks and specials will inflict increased damage while your defence is also significantly increased.

Time Stone - The time stone when activated will apply a 10 second speed buff. Basic attacks and movement speed will be greatly increased.

Space Stone - The space stone when activated will lock out your opponents ability to backdash and block for 10 seconds. This will briefly limit their defence and movement away from you.

Mind Stone - The mind stone when activated will apply a 10 second power gain towards you and a 10 second power drain towards your opponent.

Soul Stone - The soul stone has two choices. Activate the soul stone manually while fighting to apply 10 seconds of regeneration or save your soul stone a 10 second revival. Your second choice In relations to punisher and Phoenix is to save your soul stone and be granted an additional 10 second life boost after a death blow. During the 10 seconds you can be attack but cannot die, only after you are vunerable to attacks.

Reality Stone - The reality stone when activated will apply a 10 second ability to put 2 DOT (damage over time) effects on your opponent. The DOT's can vary from poison, incinerate, bleed, coldsnap and degeneration.

If anyone wants go into further detail, offer some more ideas or change anything please feel free. Otherwise I hope you like this. ^^

Comments

• Would add a very interesting dynamic to the game for sure. I would limit to one stone use per fight, regardless of how many you have available (otherwise you could conceivably go pretty much unscathed for a minute)
    Great idea!
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    I have had that idea before, I will share what I wrote about it at the time.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Isn't this the same as gears? Could be wrong
  • Lol so the power stone doesn't give power but the mind stone does?
  • H3LLSHOW247H3LLSHOW247 Posts: 151
    The Power Stone has always represented strength, I thought power drain and power gain should best go to Mind Stone.
    Also note that you would only be able to use one Infinity stone in battle.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Actually the plot around Thanos is related to him creating an Infinity stone.

All this reminds me of the old games and Marvel vs Capcom. Mind stone OP.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    I think this would be very entertaining.
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    I like that idea. I think to make it more interesting is that you get one "infinity gauntlet" and can only equip the gauntlet/stones to only one champ at a time. Then you are unable to switch it during quests and AQ/AW or need a special item in order to transfer it between your champs
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Drummer829 wrote: »
    I like that idea. I think to make it more interesting is that you get one "infinity gauntlet" and can only equip the gauntlet/stones to only one champ at a time. Then you are unable to switch it during quests and AQ/AW or need a special item in order to transfer it between your champs

You mean you get to buy one infinity gauntlet. And can buy stones to equip the gauntlet. And must use units to swap out stones. So yeah, lots of buying, Kabam will implement this asap.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    this is a pretty cool concept. some of the ideas may be harder to implement than others, but overall, its a good foundation.
  • KyokaKyoka Posts: 43
    I'd like to see infinity stones that are used as a mastery currency.
    This opens up new and amazing masteries as well as a very expensive price and prestige to them.
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Good concept for kabam to use in 5.4 against us.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I think you should be giving one gauntlet for completing all of chapter 5.3 100%. this item can be used on any one character at the of entering a quest. And then in chapter 5.4 you get one infinity stone per level completed. Each of these stones supplies you with strength, crit, power gain, etc. The gauntlet itself is useless.
    Having the gaunlet or and equipting Infinity Stones would freshen up the combat system of MCOC in the future for sure. ^^
  • Good ideas, Could be added to masteries tree. Masteries already need work as the scouter masteries are now obsolete.
  • Sonic36321Sonic36321 Posts: 4
    So I've heard about the normal six Infinity Stones: Reality, Space, Time, Soul, and Power. But what about the other three new ones in the contest: Genesis, Evolution, and War?
    Sonic36321 wrote: »
    So I've heard about the normal six Infinity Stones: Reality, Space, Time, Soul, and Power. But what about the other three new ones in the contest: Genesis, Evolution, and War?

That's seems like a better alternative if those three new Infinity stones exist within contest of champions. I wasn't too aware of them before compared to now, this seems more likely to be chosen for a new in-game mechanic however I think my idea for the original infinite six would be dope af still.
    Listen up soldiers, can anyone tell me what those 3 new Infinity stones do please? (Genesis, Evolution and War) Thanks ^^
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Seems like Kabam’s been using the space stone against us for a while now
    The new MCOC stones would be great for this too nevertheless.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    What if you can buy the gauntlet, enter a quest with all 6 stones and there will be a snap your fingers option, which instantly removes half of the opponents from the map. Lol
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    The game has a different set of infinity stones if I’m not mistaken, such as the chaos and nightmare stone.
    @TheSquish671 If only it was that simple lol ^^
    @Duke_Silver Yeah there is, that's why I think my idea could work around the abilites of those stones instead of the original ones. Being able to have access to a stone that you have aquired from crystals and many more you collect as you progress would be a game changing feature for sure ^^