**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Apocalypse abilities idea

Yes, I’m severely bored in this quarantine!
Let me know your thoughts, just playing around with the idea if he were to ever make it in the game.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Do the prowess effects consume the furies? Or do they continue?
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I mean, that all sounds awesome, and since Apocalypse is my favorite character from the X-Men series, I plan to chase him and hope he's incredible.

All that said, it sounds like your ideas may be a bit too overpowered. Specifically the abilities that can trigger on basic attacks.

Pretty cool breakdown though.
  • TripleBTripleB Posts: 245 ★★
    @SpideyFunko no they don’t consume the furies, only equal them. @mgj0630 what would you scale back? The regen is equal to that of old man Logan and the Fury is equal to that of Hyperion, but Hyperion can gain more and faster too. Let me know what is too overpowered because I’d like to make it as realistic as possible!
    The goal was to make him extremely useful with utility and to give him that satisfyingly big yellow numbers we all love to see, without him being that much of a nuisance on Defense. If you notice, most of his abilities won’t trigger on Defense due to the player having to have some small set up when in control of him.
    Also I’d like some feedback on the synergies, wanted to beef up some of the champs that haven’t gotten a lot of love, and had the idea if you had all the horsemen on his team he would become that much more powerful.
    @TripleB I'm not a huge Hyperion user, so I could be mistaken, but isn't it true that he only procs furies on his heavy attacks, making them extremely difficult to gain against nodes like limber, debuff immune, and stun immune? Also, his chance to proc a fury is only 40% per hit, where as what I think you're suggesting is 100% chance.

It's worth pointing out too that comparing to Hyperion is interesting, cause he's one of those champs we may not see as a 6* for a VERY long time, given how powerful he can be. Since all the new champs are being released as 6*, comparing their abilities wouldn't necessarily be apples to apples.

Again, for what it's worth, I love it, and big kudos for drawing up a really cool skill set. I just think those furies especially would need to be scaled back.

As for your synergies, they look really cool, but I for one would love to see another one added for when all four horsemen are present. Similar to how it is with the Fantastic Four synergies.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I heard on the interview that dork diggity Dave did with one of the team members that he will be put in the game but not as a playable character or not any time soon.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    quarintine make me agressive
    @mgj0630 Ah, I see what you're saying. Well for someone like Hyperion on anything that you can stun, he is known to get up to 7+ furies with ease. But for Apocalypse this is capped at 3. I compensated with utility, as he is able to get past debuff immune, even on parries. (Made him that way since skill is known for shrugging off debuffs).
    But to put his attack in perspective of new champs, when Silver Surfer has 2 furies and his sig ability is maxed out it would equal the same as what Apocalypse would have, and many think Silver Surfer is underwhelming. However, I see your point, so help me with a decision. Take away some of the damage and boost utility? Or keep damage and reduce the utility?

Also, I'd like a synergy like that too, but not sure where the line would be on too OP for that since AA is in the synergy as well.
    @TripleB I think if all you did was lower the chance of those basic hit abilities activating, maybe to a 50% chance, it would be good.

As for the 4 Horsemen synergy, whatever that may be, I personally wouldn't be incredibly concerned about it being too overpowered, but it would essentially force you into a 5-man mutant quest team.

That rules out ever having the synergy available in AQ/AW right off the bat. Beyond that, I personally think even with a great synergy, it would still be pretty risky to run that sort of team. Could you imagine having that team and coming up against a Sentinel? The only time I could honestly think of it being hugely beneficial to us lowly summoners would be the gated lanes in Act 6.2 where you're forced to have a certain number of a class, but all the enemies you face are of the class giving you class advantage.
  • TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 613 ★★★
    Adapting Abilities of mutants he defeat, like he'll get Regen if he defeat Wolvi, he'll get Bleed buff if he defeat AA, he'll get Unstoppable if he defeat Colossus and much more, but we can limit His abilities adaption like 5 to 6 or pess as Persistent Charges
    I like the idea of him being powerful when with the Horsemen, really neat detail. However, I think maybe scaling him back by having the furies being consumed to make the prowess, but other wise great champ idea!
    Updated abilities. Scaled back damage and scaled up utility, also gave him prefight abilities. Synergies are also updated.

TripleB said:

Updated abilities. Scaled back damage and scaled up utility, also gave him prefight abilities. Synergies are also updated.

This gives Storm (Pyramid X) a lot more damage output. With the whole horsemen synergy, she’ll hit like a freaking meteor.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

quarintine make me agressive

darn I think one of my family members got onto my account LOL