**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why no 5* wolverine, thor, scarlet witch, etc?

Comments

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Listen, put two and two together, there's no explanation from any moderator needed. The game needs defense (so that's it's challenging) so you die and spend money. Stop thinking of this game in terms of what you (the player) think you are entitled to but rather a cash flow engine for a business. I'm not trying to be harsh, it's just the reality of it.

• wappykidwappykid Posts: 91
    I always wanted doctor strange even as a 3 star because a guy in my alliance used him to clear map 3 prestige 2500 and doctor strange was R3 during kangs AQ so sad I wanted him as a 5 star
  • _solidsnake_solidsnake Posts: 133
    i may be mistaken but I don't think Cap WWII is available as a 5* either
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    We need this addressed @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ @TenebrousTenebrific @Kabam Wolf

These are main Marvel characters, how can bringing 6*s be justified if these will never have a 5*? Yet there are other characters I had never heard of with a 5* and to be fair way more OP than these are now.

Not being funny, but it does need to be addressed with valid reasoning...
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017

These are main Marvel characters, how can bringing 6*s be justified if these will never have a 5*? Yet there are other characters I had never heard of with a 5* and to be fair way more OP than these are now.

There valid reasoning can be as simple as "We don't want to." They don't need to justify their actions or need a valid reason for doing so.
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    edited September 2017
    It's simple Kabam sees those champs as being stronger then most and hey are but we didn't make them this way they did it's essentially them having to avoid the elephant in the room and instead of fixing things they would rather ignore it and give some pathetic attempt at a answer a vague one at that. In short even after them being completely nerfed from what they are they still deem them powerful when in actuality if they never thought about making them 5&6* champs they should have been reverted or less nerfed going forward. they will only be 4*s and with 5&6 they will start to be less and less reliable and useful. kagam has to milk the whales and the mid tier has to continue to be stalemated into spending.
  • NemesioNemesio Posts: 134
    Raganator wrote: »

There valid reasoning can be as simple as "We don't want to." They don't need to justify their actions or need a valid reason for doing so.

They can't and won't ever answer that, we customers can ask this kind of questions.
  • adqqedfyvradqqedfyvr Posts: 463
    6*s
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Listen, put two and two together, there's no explanation from any moderator needed. The game needs defense (so that's it's challenging) so you die and spend money. Stop thinking of this game in terms of what you (the player) think you are entitled to but rather a cash flow engine for a business. I'm not trying to be harsh, it's just the reality of it.

This just isn't true. I mean that could be the reason for some things, but it just doesn't add up here. If they only had good defender and didn't put in good attackers, we wouldn't have Star Lord, who's the best Boss Killer there is. If he's in there, that reasoning is faulty.
  • the6ththe6th Posts: 153
    Can you imagine BW's ability at lvl200? That's more than a hundred percent def ability reduction! DS's counterspell, wolvie's regen, thor's damage is insane at 99 imagine at 200! SW can go instant kill with her 2nd special attack, they are OP
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Thinking same thing. Was hoping for Vision. (:
    Vision_41 wrote: »
    Thinking same thing. Was hoping for Vision. (:

Vision is the most reliable power control champ plus poison and bleed immune, he's effective in the future content of this game, as of now he has a bug! Maybe because he's the most used champ against the collector
    edited September 2017
    the6th wrote: »
    Can you imagine BW's ability at lvl200? That's more than a hundred percent def ability reduction! DS's counterspell, wolvie's regen, thor's damage is insane at 99 imagine at 200! SW can go instant kill with her 2nd special attack, they are OP

Again, doc voodoo, archangel, HYPERION, gwenpool and starlord disagree with that statement.

PD: ds is **** even at 5*, bw never reaches 100%, and SW is incredibly unreliable even at lvl 99
  • DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 395 ★★★
    Very impressed with this post very insightful and respectful. I think I know why no SW WOLVY THOR the advent of 6 stars will push god tier4 stars further down the ladder of relevance. This will be the phase out of the greatest champs in the game. 6 stars will probably be the weakest curent champs or ones that disappointed. Venom carnage etc. They will be powerful by their rarity with the increased attack and all and kabam won't have to buff them. Netflix daredevil gamora and venom are on the 6 star crystal tab. Probably the plan to make them desirable kind of lazy. They are trying to achieve balance through spreading the hero pool. 4 star SW is better then most 5 stars. 5 star SL will be better then most 6 stars. I'm sure they have used in 5 star rank 5 SW and Wolvy in Labyrinth of legends as a test and said oh hell no we can't let the players have these 5 mega ton nukes
    New champions ability is diffrent like voodoo compared to SW, there's a pattern to bring the best in them (new champs) while old ones all you have to do is play without doing such things like heavy attacks/special 3 to activate their buffs,
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Phantom wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »

This just isn't true. I mean that could be the reason for some things, but it just doesn't add up here. If they only had good defender and didn't put in good attackers, we wouldn't have Star Lord, who's the best Boss Killer there is. If he's in there, that reasoning is faulty.

I'm not at all disagreeing with you. However, in order to utilize starlord as a boss killer you need to be moderately skilled in not taking hits. I get that there has to be a way to win but wolverine, sw, don't require much skill other than just letting the characters do what they do. That's ultimately my end point.
    I will be so disappointed if they don't release them as 5*
    I will be so disappointed if they don't release them as 5*, not fair
    Any Mod?
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Nemesio wrote: »
    Any Mod?

Sincerely, every thread
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    This is their way of undoing what we forced them to do with the boycott.
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    Phantom wrote: »
    I see the argument that these champs are too good, but if that's why champs wouldn't be released, why do we have Star Lord?
    Because no anyone can chain a 200-hit combo.
    Plus, he's not a menace if not duped. Just drops IPs and no problem.

I can easily chain a 200 hit combo so can a lot of players, lol
  • If Thor is any indication they are going to just replace them with new versions.

Doctor Strange sequel and we’ll see the new version of him and people will go crazy trying to get him.

Same goes for any future movie that they can milk the whales with.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    edited November 2017
    If I can't have a 5* OG Thor, then please give me a version of Thor that doesn't look like a hunchback meth-addict dancing monkey who badly needs to use the toilet.
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    If Thor is any indication they are going to just replace them with new versions.

Doctor Strange sequel and we’ll see the new version of him and people will go crazy trying to get him.

Same goes for any future movie that they can milk the whales with.

New Versions of Gamora... Abomination... and Black Bolt too... oh my...
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    more like kabam doesn't want to make the game more easy for their player like map 6 etc.
    an r4 sw can literally make you complete lol in less than 10k units if your skilled enough.
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    Oh yeah, I'd love a 5* SW or WW2 Cap! But I'll take my future 6* colossus (: