**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ramped up AI on last runs?

Has anyone else noticed a significant ramp up of AI on the last completion of run of pretty much everything?
I double checked and there are no additional node buffs etc. that account for this.
It has taken some time to pin point it but now I'm certain.
On Act 4 several times now, on the last run of a map to get completion I noticed AI is faster, evades MUCH better, parries like crazy, block recovery is faster for AI, and even SP moves increased range! Maybe even a slight speed increase overall for AI. I mean SIGNIFICANTLY compared to previous runs. I felt like I was taking crazy pills.
I BLASTED through ALL initial runs without even KO'ing a single one of my champs (yes I parry, yes I evade like a mini-boss, and yes I bait SP) and on the last run I barely made it to the end and had 2 champs KO'd by the boss alone. It is like I could barely even get a hit in on him! I Was like "WTH just happened here?"

I am going to try video this next round for some visual proof but I have noticed this with master event, and story mode. I HAVE taken into consideration the global nodes that stay active when you take certain paths as well. There's no account for it and the pattern looks like it is the last run to complete the map to me.

Anyone else noticed? If not, take notice and let us know. If not for you, then Maybe I put too much artificial sweetener in my coffee or something? I hope to have a video showing this now that I am certain it is happening. It would make sense too from a business aspect because at that point people would highly motivated to use and buy potions and revives if need to complete! :neutral:

Comments

• HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Yes, this isn't new though. The last run to 100% a quest in monthly event quests the AI acts like it does after you have won too many in a row in arena. For this reason, I usually save the easiest path for last. Been like this since I started playing back in February anyway.
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    Yeah it's true it has been like this for a while
    Yup. It's lame.

Once I do one pass in a quest I always do 100% completion backwards (last chapter 100%, first... then work my way backwards).

I also always try to do the hardest lines first, whenever possible... so the easiest path is last.

This is especially important in harder monthly and/or story quests.

Exactly what I do.
  • ZerophunkZerophunk Posts: 207
    It's also on the bosses. Get to boss with full champs and all of a sudden block drops parry doesn t work. Dash back causes champs to fun forward into specials and autofight self activates mid combo. But only in last line and bosses
    But they can develop new war maps and 6*s. Go figure.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Well at least I'm not the only one! Maybe I'm just slow on the uptake but I haven't seen this particular pattern vocalized much on here. The strategies to overcome it that you've all shared is simple enough and would have been nice to know sooner. Will do from now on and will likely share with others.
    Does Kabam actually advertise that this is the case on the last run of a map or it is one of those unspoken truths about the game?
    Zerophunk wrote: »
    It's also on the bosses. Get to boss with full champs and all of a sudden block drops parry doesn t work. Dash back causes champs to fun forward into specials and autofight self activates mid combo. But only in last line and bosses

This is intentional. Which means they are really good at programming in very complex information for the AI. Which makes me wonder why there are so many bugs and all of them (except one) hinders the players and not the AI. Must be just coincidental.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★

I'm getting the vibe that this isn't a bug but more of an unadvertised fact built into the game.

I'm getting the vibe that this isn't a bug but more of an unadvertised fact built into the game.

Bingo
    @HoidCosmere my thoughts exactly
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    Yep it's true.