**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Human Torch Map5 AQ needs to be toned down......hes too powerful as a sub boss!

Unknown_SoldierUnknown_Soldier Posts: 154 ★★
edited April 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Hes bleed immune which .makes most skill champs that would be counters like Blade less effective. He has buffet so he gains HP EVERY time you dodge and use dex! If u dont dex his Level 1 he gains heat then u die from incinerate! Then u give him boosts to make his incenerate worse.....seriously hes too powerful. There are limited incenerate immune champs at least Hyperion didnt have buffet and you could power lock him. This boss is harder than the final! At very least take off the buffet node so he doesnt penalize us for using dexterity. The Buffet with all rest of his abilities is too much.

Thanks

Comments

• PyrdaPyrda Posts: 255 ★★
    Any updates on this? We are using blade at the moment without having dex skilled...but he is pretty hard for a miniboss
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Been 1 shoting him with Blade easy so far. I dont see any problem with HT mini.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    I've taken him down (linked) with my 5/65 unawakened Quake.

Definitely good choices above from Mirage_Turtle, although I've found it a little hard to solo using Void because his specials are energy based attacks.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Spark should work as well. He will outdamage buffet with enough poise and helps if you mistime dodging a special. Avoid using SP2.
  • 11825121182512 Posts: 126
    I've always found HT to be the best counter for HT... especially if you use nova flame.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    MikeHock said:

I've taken him down (linked) with my 5/65 unawakened Quake.

Definitely good choices above from Mirage_Turtle, although I've found it a little hard to solo using Void because his specials are energy based attacks.

That's why I'm curious about the health pool. I mentioned above that specials should be used sparingly. When I fight Torch with Void, I generally throw 1 L1 to help get things going and then just hold my power for an L3 finish, letting the debuffs do the work for me.

I'd be surprised if the IP debuff damage, reversed buffet damage, and normal attacks all together wouldn't be enough for a solo here. Especially once the buffet was fully reversed, you should actively be trying to trigger that dexterity buff to bring the pain. If used in conjunction with despair, reversed buffet damage alone should be enough to take him down in about 6 triggers even if there weren't other damage coming in.

Again, this is all said with the caveat of me not playing this version of Human Torch. Maybe there's something I'm missing. If anyone has a video, please share it.
  • ege999menege999men Posts: 275 ★★
    if you're using quake make sure to block or he'll still heal
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Yeah it’s a doable fight but too tough for map 5, does need toning down, he had him today with brute force, it was horrible
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I soloed him with a r5 sig 25 Mister Fantastic. Get three petrifies up and allow his sp1 to hit you and you’ll reverse the healing and stop him from getting smolders
  • YofaYofa Posts: 11
    Yes frankly the 2nd mini boss buffet 15% is too much ... its reign is massive...tu ne peux pas esquiver son sp1 alors que c'est le plus facile...you can not dodge its sp1 when it is the easiest ... during the first rotation it does not seem to me that it was also annoying human torch
  • Pj139Pj139 Posts: 2
    Agreed...it’s making the game not fun to play
  • Pj139Pj139 Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    After he killed my 5* rank 5 lvl 200 CG, Blade, And Cap IW with that ridiculousness of a regeneration he only lost 5% health....how do they expect people to play a game that you can’t even get partially through.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Use red hulk and don't dex. You'll die from chip damage but should take 50% of his health no problem.
  • Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    Agreed, the buffet on it is just too much. Kabam this 2nd mini human torch is just too OP if you keep the bleed immune and the buffet both.

Please replace one of the two
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    Wouldnt void work just play passive. Kind of like playing against 6.2.5 mordo
  • KevanproGKevanproG Posts: 307 ★★
    Quake and Captian Marvel are the champs I used both can one shot but mine are rank 5 so might be why they are fairly easy but maybe they should just town down buffet that the only problem I have
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Today our all alliance member dead against this 2nd human torch mini as war also going.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 925 ★★★★
    Aegon = 1 shot every time
  • WeeHobbit89WeeHobbit89 Posts: 146
    Use elsa bloodstone. Easy prey
  • CptnBsnDirectoCptnBsnDirecto Posts: 73
    This fight is WAY to hard for map miniboss. Day4 and 5 were ridiculous for our ally in all three groups...it was not fun and many are getting fed up with this unexpected change from previous weeks.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Thanks for the picture @Knorr7227 . It doesn't appear to me that any of the additional nodes would prevent a person from using any of the counters I listed.

H3t3r said:

Wouldnt void work just play passive. Kind of like playing against 6.2.5 mordo

Void works if you play perfectly and there is no room for error. voids sp1 gives him 2 smolder charges so using it is a bad idea. this mini boss is way to op. we already have doom and all those doom bots which already suck you dont need to throw in a miniboss with insane regen that has very few counters. this one is worse than when you tried to make us fight hyperion with oscillate and power lock at the start of the fight. please fix soon i have already wasted crazy amounts of potions, revives and units only to watch someone go in and have his health doubled.
    Respectfully, what am I missing about Void? Like I mentioned in my first post in this thread, I'd say Void should start the fight by launching an early L1 to get his Intimidating Presence debuffs going. After this, just hold your specials so you don't give him additional smolder charges. Save for an L3 and use it when you're going to finish the fight.

Once 2 petrifies are up, the buffet will no longer be healing him. If you have despair, it'll be actively harmful to Torch. Use that to your advantage. When the buffet cooldown timer is done, intentionally trigger a dexterity for the precision buff to add some extra damage. Once Fear of the Void triggers and you have petrify debuffs, he'll start taking a ton of damage for each buffet triggered.

Void is naturally incinerate immune, so his block proficiency will never be reduced. Torch is not stun immune and doesn't even have limber. Torch is typically eager to throw his L1 as well, so you likely won't have to work hard to bait specials. And the L1 is punishable, so you get a lot of openings to attack. Plus, if you held off on throwing additional specials, he'll be at 2 Smolder charges. That means you can block 5 L1's before he goes Nova. You should be evading his L1's, but you've got a cushion of messing up 5 times before anything really bad happens.

I'm not trying to talk down to anyone. I'm just trying to help. Based on what I see, I think Void would be my preferred counter for this fight and I don't see it taking longer than 2.5 minutes to get him down (I'd estimate less than 2 minutes with good petrify RNG). Buffet works in Void's favor. Why does Void require "perfect play" to get the job done?

My best guess is Torch's L1 is the problem. Is that it? If you're having trouble evading and punishing it, I'd highly suggest dueling him a lot until you get it down. It makes Torch everywhere else very manageable.

Please, if I'm missing something, let me know.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I used my 4 star maxed Void for that mini boss on day 4, don't know what the problem is. I would say he is the easiest of 3 mini boss, Red skull is always a pain and Mr. Fantastic is easier but his evades are annoying , and he has a hurt locker node mechanic inbuilt , so you don't want to throw 2 same specials, Torch is the easiest of Map 5 mini boss.Considering we had hyperion who was an unbelievable pain in the ass, this is not even comparable
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I am confused. I was able to solo 2nd using R2 CAPIW without dupe