**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Can someone please explain the rng of the beta?

Well. Beta invites have been tossed around. My problem is that two of my friends have explored act 6. The whole thing. None of them got invited to the beta. Coincidence? Probably not. But, for some odd reason, I know a dude who hasn’t even completed act 5 and he got invited to the beta. I’m asking if someone could please explain the randomness of the rng on this

Comments

• OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    edited April 2020
    You either get it or you don’t
    Boom rng
    I got the beta honestly I have a limited roster compared to other people who have done 100% all content and I consider myself very skilled but don’t get why I would get it
  • KingOfMcocKingOfMcoc Posts: 102
    Okaythen said:

Boom rng

That doesn’t answer the question. Why is it that someone who hasn’t even completed act 5 is getting invited to the act 7 beta? There’s got to be more to this, especially since Miike said, and I quote, “but I can confirm that you will need to have completed book 1 (acts 1-6) before you can access Book 2”
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited April 2020

Okaythen said:

Boom rng

That doesn’t answer the question. Why is it that someone who hasn’t even completed act 5 is getting invited to the act 7 beta? There’s got to be more to this, especially since Miike said, and I quote, “but I can confirm that you will need to have completed book 1 (acts 1-6) before you can access Book 2”
    See Mike's resp ok nose in the other beta thread down below. Also, that quote said to access book 2, not necessarily the beta of it
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★

Okaythen said:

Boom rng

I technically did
    There’s only a 1:1 possibility
    Yes or no
    Boom explained it again
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yeah, this is genuine logic, why are people who can’t even enter the content in the beta, if you want to look at underprepared players like you mentioned in another thread look at people who just completed act 6 and could enter rather than those who have to get through the rubbish that is 6.2 before they could even play it on live servers
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    the key to a random number generator is that it is random. there is no method to its madness other than to drive you mad.
  • Hey all,

We know what information we need, and the kinds of players we need it from. We are not going to discuss these criteria, and are not going to send any more invitations.

We don't do Betas for fun. We have scientifically structured them to get the data that we need to improve our future content.
This discussion has been closed.