**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

It's just unfair...

We're just a 20mil ally and we matched a 42mil rated ally which is just unfair as it puts us at a serious disadvantage... kindly fix it so it doesn't happen another again

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    jeez Kabams AW system is so flawed ATM I hope this gets fixed asap
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    @Grandmaster007 What is your war rating?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,420 Guardian
    edited April 2020

We're just a 20mil ally and we matched a 42mil rated ally which is just unfair as it puts us at a serious disadvantage... kindly fix it so it doesn't happen another again

So what if the “fix” is that Kabam would have been constantly matching you all along against teams around the same WarRating as you during your climb up the hill, which would have resulted in you probably not getting up into Platinum 1 to begin with if you can’t compete against an ally 20m (and 1000-2000 Prestige) higher than you ??

Plenty other teams complaining because most of the time you don’t have to compete against other high level ally's (getting easier wars against lower teams instead most of the time).
  • Grandmaster007Grandmaster007 Posts: 88
    battleone said:

3016 with around 8.8kprestige
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    Do 5hey need to match on war rating only?

My alliance has been in silver 2 for 6 of the last 7 seasons. Silver 3 for the one 6 ago.

We have gone from 4k prestige to 7.2k prestige and from 10m rating to 18m, going from 12m AQ score to 93m over those 7 seasons.

We never get matched with an alliance that is more than 1-2m away from us and very rarely over 200 prestige difference.

I'm torn on whether this is right or not. As we place mainly 4/55, 5/65 or 6* defenders, we will be tough to fight if your aren't at a similar prestige.

It's a tough call. At our level, it doesn't matter. But at the top, it really, really does. I don't think those above, probably gold, should ever be matched on prestige or alliance rating. It should surely only be war rating?
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    Looks fair to me Aw rating are very close between both alliances. Alliance WAR should not be bracketed by prestige or alliance size for the algorithm. It is a measure of who has the best alliance. If your alliance is not ready to face “real” P1 alliances you shouldn’t be there. Hopefully kabam fixed match making algorithm and all these low rated prestige alliances will fall back where they belong.
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★

battleone said:

This is what all top alliances want, a chance to fight everyone, not just alliances their size. You can't expect to just keep winning and never expect to face an alliance bigger than you. If Matchmaking was altered to impact this, you can expect a correction until alliances fall to their appropriate skill level without consideration of prestige. If this is what is happening, this is what all high level alliances have been asking for.
  • Agentk100Agentk100 Posts: 35

battleone said:

Lol there you have it you have similar war rating that’s why you got matched
    Agentk100 said:

battleone said:

Lol there you have it you have similar war rating that’s why you got matched
    We went from being matched with ally of similar rating with average members of 700k+ to 42mil rated ally with Avg members of 1.4mil...Theres something not right about it

You can't seriously think you're a legitimate P1 level alliance at 8.8k prestige and 20M can you?

We're plat2...and we fought hard to get where we are currently
  • DarkChyld14DarkChyld14 Posts: 37
    So whats the problem here? You want Plat 1 rewards when you are not strong enough to get Plat 1 ?
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    Dude, you’re supposed to deserve a top in the spot, you don’t deserve a spot if you never face a decent alliance

You can't seriously think you're a legitimate P1 level alliance at 8.8k prestige and 20M can you?

Now prove that you deserve that spot by beating the other alliance. Not to be harsh but Plat 2 is no place for you guys to begin with.
    Das_gi said:

Dude, you’re supposed to deserve a top in the spot, you don’t deserve a spot if you never face a decent alliance

You're missing the point here...but carry on lol

Das_gi said:

You're missing the point here...but carry on lol
    I think you are missing the point.... Top 100 should be the best war alliances in the entire game,,... not the best in each bracket

Now prove that you deserve that spot by beating the other alliance. Not to be harsh but Plat 2 is no place for you guys to begin with.
    There's many 20-22 mil allies in plat2...I didn't put them there...kabam did.

There's many 20-22 mil allies in plat2...I didn't put them there...kabam did.
    Yes... but now they are fixing it.... 20-22 mil alliances cant take any of the true Plat 2 alliances. Never. It was a broken system that got you there in the first place.
    Rather than point fingers I think it's best we realize the matchmaking is flawed to begin with and find a way around it or we could just accept our loss and Carry on with it like we always have lol

This post screams "we want to spank high in war but don't want to face real opponents".

Oh well...
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Rather than point fingers I think it's best we realize the matchmaking is flawed to begin with and find a way around it or we could just accept our loss and Carry on with it like we always have lol

No one is at mad at you guys for where you are. Just pointing out that you're currently sitting in a ranking that you really have no business being in. It's not your fault at all as you can only face who you get matched with. I just wouldn't get so bent out of shape about it when you start getting matches around your own war rating for a change like you should have been.