**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

It's just unfair...

Comments

• Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    @Grandmaster007 okay lets ask:
    1: What global nodes have you faced this season so far
    2: A map full of R5 5*’s, R2 6*’s and R3 6*’s
    3: What boss have you faced most of the time?

Please answer these questions to see if you actually deserve a top spot
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Das_gi said:

Rather than point fingers I think it's best we realize the matchmaking is flawed to begin with and find a way around it or we could just accept our loss and Carry on with it like we always have lol

I’m not pointing fingers, they finally fixed their matchup system, we’re happy with it cause you don’t deserve platinum 1, 2 or 3
    We would make plat1 surely it's just a matter of time... matchmaking is flawed whether you realize it or not
    I can assure you had you been just matching alliances of a similar war rating the whole time, you'd likely never had even made it into T3 let alone T2 so no you wouldn't be anywhere near P1
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    War defeat crystal incoming
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    I wonder if this is tweaking they have done for the early silver and silver brackets, that had trickled up? As much or more, than it was done to fix shell alliances?

I.e. they fix match making so that newer and lower ranked players and the alliances they inhabit get matched on prestige and rating, to give new players in 2m to 6m alliances equal matches, so that they feel like they are progressing.

You get now people taking part in war and spending money; and wanting to spend to climb the ranks, as it is possible to do so.

If they matched only on war rating and ignored prestige, those smaller alliances would barely get out of stone, so would be far less likely to spend.

What's more important, getting the top 200 alliances to spend, when they will do anyway, or getting the top 10,000 to spend?
  • Agentk100 said:

battleone said:

@Grandmaster007 What is your war rating?

3016 with around 8.8kprestige
    Lol there you have it you have similar war rating that’s why you got matched
    We went from being matched with ally of similar rating with average members of 700k+ to 42mil rated ally with Avg members of 1.4mil...Theres something not right about it
    This right here is why you're not understanding how this happened. Your Alliance has risen to a level where an Alliance that's of equal strength is not available. There's nothing broken about matchmaking in that respect. It's a lack of options. You rose into the top, and size wise, you're not exactly cut out for it. Skills only take you so far when you're surrounded by 5* R5s, 6* R2s and maybe even 6* R3s as defenders, and as attackers.

They likely won't match you against someone of equal size in a lower war tier. Especially if you've been on a win streak. If you're winning the majority, eventually matchmaking will give you a much greater challenge. Apparently, you've hit that point. If you manage to win, then you earned that place. If you lose, maybe matchmaking will throw you a bone in the next war. Then again, maybe not if there continues to be a lack of options. Hard to say. Things get dicey up there after all.
  • Grandmaster007Grandmaster007 Posts: 88
    Das_gi said:

How do you judge those deserving of a spot when all we have done is win/lose like every other ally out there all season. Whether we're deserving of a spot should be left to kabam to decide.

Agentk100 said:

battleone said:

Lol there you have it you have similar war rating that’s why you got matched
    We went from being matched with ally of similar rating with average members of 700k+ to 42mil rated ally with Avg members of 1.4mil...Theres something not right about it
    This right here is why you're not understanding how this happened. Your Alliance has risen to a level where an Alliance that's of equal strength is not available. There's nothing broken about matchmaking in that respect. It's a lack of options. You rose into the top, and size wise, you're not exactly cut out for it. Skills only take you so far when you're surrounded by 5* R5s, 6* R2s and maybe even 6* R3s as defenders, and as attackers.

They likely won't match you against someone of equal size in a lower war tier. Especially if you've been on a win streak. If you're winning the majority, eventually matchmaking will give you a much greater challenge. Apparently, you've hit that point. If you manage to win, then you earned that place. If you lose, maybe matchmaking will throw you a bone in the next war. Then again, maybe not if there continues to be a lack of options. Hard to say. Things get dicey up there after all.
    Well we have been matched with alliance of bigger sizes in the past ranging from 22-27mil plat1-2 allies... going from all that to an alliance twice that size is just a bummer
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Looks correct to me, you have a 3k war rating. So that’s pretty fair.
    Das_gi said:

Das_gi said:

How do you judge those deserving of a spot when all we have done is win/lose like every other ally out there all season. Whether we're deserving of a spot should be left to kabam to decide.
    Well they decided it was about time you got an ass beating
    Lol...I guess we'll suck this in like every other loss we've had

I hear you
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★

I hear you
    The responses you are getting is from a lot of pent up frustration from people that have really taken it up the behind since season 8 from a system that disallowed us to match by war rating rather than prestige. Alliances of your size have benefited for almost 10 FULL seasons. Look around your war rating currently on the war rating leaderboard, filter by region if you are not top 100 and you will see the type of wars you can anticipate the rest of the season by those that are close to you in rating. THis is very likely bot a one-off. You are probably looking at a losing streak until things "correct" themselves. There will be many threads by lower prestige alliances now until this balances out.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Yeah OP, there was a very large thread two seasons ago with statistical data showing Kabam was matching via prestige or alliance rating and not war rating. There were screenshots of proof. Which wasn't fair. Three seasons ago I had a friend in a 9k prestige ally that never faced another ally higher than 9.2k prestige, they finished Master rank 5. They never had to fight any of the top big alliances because their prestige wasn't high enough. That's not fair. This season they are plat 3 which is more where they should be.

I think about halfway through last season they changed it back to matching via war rating. But there was a season and a half where you were probably beating up alliances around your prestige which raised your war rating. NOW that high war rating is hurting you because Kabam changed the algorithm back to match via war rating again. So you are going to have some tough matchups.

Like some other people said, this isn't your fault, Kabam changed the matchmaking system again which is the real criminal here.
  • MoneyheadMoneyhead Posts: 16
    The issue has always been the same, most alliances in master shouldn’t be there. How can you be considered a “master” alliance when you never face anyone good? KenOB is always happy to face any top alliance, we match the same top alliances over and over. Going 12-0 is the only way to secure first place until the system breaks and allows smaller alliances at the bottom of masters or P1 creep up by having a tier 1 multiplier and playing no one good. You guys win against similar or smaller alliances and all of a sudden are considered a platinum 2, 1 or master alliance but really don’t want to face the tops. The issue with bigger alliances facing smaller ones is nodes left up which gives a ton of free points to the bigger alliance. In my opinion it would be better to limit the bracket size and decrease rewards. Masters should only be 10 alliances and decrease the rest. All alliances should be given the title they deserve and earn throughout the season. You win constantly in lower levels and raise war rating be prepared to face someone bigger and better for a reality check. If it was up to me for our alliance we would face top 3 over and over all season. Knock one down and bring on the next. You have to beat the best to be the best unless you want a title you don’t deserve.
    battleone said:

I hear you
    The responses you are getting is from a lot of pent up frustration from people that have really taken it up the behind since season 8 from a system that disallowed us to match by war rating rather than prestige. Alliances of your size have benefited for almost 10 FULL seasons. Look around your war rating currently on the war rating leaderboard, filter by region if you are not top 100 and you will see the type of wars you can anticipate the rest of the season by those that are close to you in rating. THis is very likely bot a one-off. You are probably looking at a losing streak until things "correct" themselves. There will be many threads by lower prestige alliances now until this balances out.
    I 100% agree with you
    Gregdagr8 said:

Yeah OP, there was a very large thread two seasons ago with statistical data showing Kabam was matching via prestige or alliance rating and not war rating. There were screenshots of proof. Which wasn't fair. Three seasons ago I had a friend in a 9k prestige ally that never faced another ally higher than 9.2k prestige, they finished Master rank 5. They never had to fight any of the top big alliances because their prestige wasn't high enough. That's not fair. This season they are plat 3 which is more where they should be.

I think about halfway through last season they changed it back to matching via war rating. But there was a season and a half where you were probably beating up alliances around your prestige which raised your war rating. NOW that high war rating is hurting you because Kabam changed the algorithm back to match via war rating again. So you are going to have some tough matchups.

Like some other people said, this isn't your fault, Kabam changed the matchmaking system again which is the real criminal here.

Would you say matchmaking is better now or still flawed?
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Das_gi said:

Rather than point fingers I think it's best we realize the matchmaking is flawed to begin with and find a way around it or we could just accept our loss and Carry on with it like we always have lol

I’m not pointing fingers, they finally fixed their matchup system, we’re happy with it cause you don’t deserve platinum 1, 2 or 3
    We would make plat1 surely it's just a matter of time... matchmaking is flawed whether you realize it or not
    Not serving you the way you want =/= flawed
    Moneyhead said:

The issue has always been the same, most alliances in master shouldn’t be there. How can you be considered a “master” alliance when you never face anyone good? KenOB is always happy to face any top alliance, we match the same top alliances over and over. Going 12-0 is the only way to secure first place until the system breaks and allows smaller alliances at the bottom of masters or P1 creep up by having a tier 1 multiplier and playing no one good. You guys win against similar or smaller alliances and all of a sudden are considered a platinum 2, 1 or master alliance but really don’t want to face the tops. The issue with bigger alliances facing smaller ones is nodes left up which gives a ton of free points to the bigger alliance. In my opinion it would be better to limit the bracket size and decrease rewards. Masters should only be 10 alliances and decrease the rest. All alliances should be given the title they deserve and earn throughout the season. You win constantly in lower levels and raise war rating be prepared to face someone bigger and better for a reality check. If it was up to me for our alliance we would face top 3 over and over all season. Knock one down and bring on the next. You have to beat the best to be the best unless you want a title you don’t deserve.

Well I just watched ilac's vid...I think he had some interesting things to say regarding KenOB lol
  • Das_gi said:

Actually, we can’t be sure that they’ve just changed (corrected) matchmaking now.

1 War matchup by a single Ally does not bear this out that the Matchmaking system has now just been changed.

Will probably have to wait and see if this is the case now going forward or not.
  • (edit).. Although, just saw another thread showing that Jedi vs No Name is actually taking place now. So maybe they did change Matchmaking.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

battleone said:

Without any offense, but your alliance is the living proof that AW matchmaking is broken since it changed. An 8.8k prestige ally don’t deserve in any way to be in a P1 P2 or even platinum at all bracket. You have taken advantage of broken matchmaking so long, get spoiled by it and when u have a totally fair match go out and cry for it. Why u shouldn’t be matched with a 45mil ally? Don’t u are after the same rewards as them? Better close the thread and don’t shout for a change, cause it’s most likely, it will be in your disadvantage anyway.

• Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    This is why this is broken. No offense but if you are that high in war you should be playing against top alliances.

The matchmaking system should not look at alliance rating but war rating only.

The lower rated alliances shouldn't be up in the upper tiers if they can beat the alliances that are larger and have more developed rosters.

Your right this system is a mess but not for what you are pointing out here. I would say you have no business being that high if you cant contend with the all alliances in that tier regardless of pi.
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★

For instance @Grandmaster007 this is my personal defense right now with flow global node. Got a R2 6* G2099, R5 warlock, BW CV, magik and symbiote supreme as well for flow global. Also a R5 mephisto, DH and doom if you want other great defense options.

That means I can easily place 3 full teams of defense that are hard to kill, all at R5 5* or R2 6*. Is it fair that you still need to fight 4/55 champs and be in platinum 1 if I always need to fight 5/65’s, R2 6*’s and R3 6*’s while keeping our death count a lot lower than yours?
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    An alliance that weak has little place in gold 1 yet alone plat anything. Just be happy that the system let you win to that point before you faced something
  • SERVER said:

What are you can say about matchmaking?My alliance have 3100 war rating,alliance rating 27kk and now we fight against alliance with 3200 war rating, 37kk alliance rating. Wtf?

@SERVER (re: your new separate post, clipped above), see this thread for similar situation as yours and for further discussion.

Lower alliances that had been able to climb up too high of a spot because they didn’t seem to have to fight any of the higher Prestige alliances that they started to move up past in War Rating placement before.
    ** Might not be able to keep your inflated ranking anymore unless you can actually beat some of them now.
  • SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★

We're just a 20mil ally and we matched a 42mil rated ally which is just unfair as it puts us at a serious disadvantage... kindly fix it so it doesn't happen another again

Nothing unfair about it. You should match stronger teams from long time ago.

War rating is all thing we should care about.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    War rating makes this fair that’s how you’re matched up
  • SERVERSERVER Posts: 9
    It's trash! NVLN don't play play against stronger alliance at last season and they finished at master 3. NVLN don't play against KenOB, NY or Matrix and they are master 1 now. WTF, Kambam?
  • SERVER said:

It's trash! NVLN don't play play against stronger alliance at last season and they finished at master 3. NVLN don't play against KenOB, NY or Matrix and they are master 1 now. WTF, Kambam?

Then you haven’t seen this one yet then either...
    They are playing each other right now.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/192556/kenob-vs-noname-well-deserved-matchup/p1