**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Any new 5.4.6 Ultron options?

Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
I have tried:

Loki (can't keep him alive long enough to get to SP3)
Nebula (block damage too high)
Quake (beat him, but needed a LOT of revives)
Blade trinity (good success, but moderate need for Revives)

Going to try Void.

Don't have Medusa.

Are there any newer characters that are better counters?

Comments

• Mcoc_gamer_481Mcoc_gamer_481 Posts: 62
    I’d imagine aarkus is solid for the same reasons as medusa
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    aarkus can armor shatter as well, might be helpful i guess
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Other than Aarkus as mentioned, VtD can do a bangup job.
  • UnnecessaryJB1UnnecessaryJB1 Posts: 202
    Proxima , it’s one shot story with her
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Proxima , it’s one shot story with her

Never would have thought of this. Good shout.
  • 11825121182512 Posts: 126
    HT with Nova Flame.

ST with KM synergy
  • Obaid_Jacob03Obaid_Jacob03 Posts: 72
    edited April 2020
    Ghost with hood synergy
    edited April 2020

Was the powergain of that ultron passive or was it a buff? Depending on that mojo could work really well.

It's a buff when a debuff is applied. Not sure if Mojo would be good... although, I have no idea how he works.

The reason ST is good is because you can parry all day without activating the buff; likewise, bleed immune prevents it from activating on specials.

Edit: The same applies for HT with Nova Flame. Since it's a passive debuff, it doesn't trigger the buff plus puts a power sting on him.

The only issue with HT is Ultron's AAR which can cause a Nova Flame to be applied as an incinerate. If that happens, it's all RNG.

It can be bypassed by not hitting him while he has armor up.

@UmbertoDelRio
  • UnnecessaryJB1UnnecessaryJB1 Posts: 202
    Loki steals buffs, so has to be buff to me, btw found vid I recorded some time ago for one guy, showing how easy it’s with proxima
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Medusa.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I beat him in 0 hits with CAIW (maxed petrify tho)
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    When I did my first attempt at 5.4.6 Ultron I used a 3-charge 5/50 Corvus. So he's a option too. Just mind the parries.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    GHOST! I just did the whole quest, all paths, she solos him every time. Never have to parry so he never gets a buff. If you do 1 hit and back out, he will never evade. Very easy with her. Solo every time.
  • CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 352 ★★
    edited April 2020
    I actually did 5.4.6 like 4 Times today for exploration and in the end i probably used my Nick Fury the most.

Kept over 5 tactical charges up with sp1 so he wont evade me and and when in second phase nick does some good damage.

Besides that i brought Clair, Cmm and Venom and they all can do the job pretty good i say.
    I didnt get any solos on him but i didnt need to use a revive on him either.

Its not that you cant inflict debuffs. You just need to avoid em when he's gonna get the power gain buff because of it. Or the regen.
  • ndnoellyndnoelly Posts: 3
    I did well with Hyperion and his SP1
    ndnoelly said:

I did well with Hyperion and his SP1

Really? Incinerates didn't eff you over?
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Ghost 1 hit combo all the way.
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    CMM for the big burst damage. She one shot the Ultron multiple times during exploration
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    Black Widow CV might work if you play her right
  • ChEpiLa_6ChEpiLa_6 Posts: 14
    VEnom the duck is the best for ultron!Play sp2 and will smash him!
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    I one shot the dude with Starky.
  • LykanonLykanon Posts: 45
    I used Corvus with Proxima synergie when I Explored 5.6. On every path you get at minimum 2 charges, so easy game. Just dex and only parry when no power gain is active to get truestrike.

However, Medusa is still the MVP imho.
  • ChEpiLa_6ChEpiLa_6 Posts: 14
    Lykanon said:

I used Corvus with Proxima synergie when I Explored 5.6. On every path you get at minimum 2 charges, so easy game. Just dex and only parry when no power gain is active to get truestrike.

However, Medusa is still the MVP imho.

I take him down in 15 hits with r4 VTD!It is Medusa a MVP?
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Proxima/Nebula is great duo for him. Prox won't trigger his buffs on parry. Nebula w the synergy shuts him down and can bang him out like a normal champ. The two of them combined should cover it. I brought Cull w them sometimes and when he's ramped up you can out damage his regen, only issue is the power gain.

Ghost can Ghost him. Quake can Quake him. CMM w charges can prob can burst him. MS/Mephisto seems viable, maybe BWCV too. Iceman and awakened Luke Cage not ideal but can tank his SP3's. OG Vision can heal block and power control. Scarlet Witch can get a lot done w good rng. Colossus awakened can prob out damage the regen...
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Ended up using CMM.
    The last run, Ultron RNG'd the Power Gain 4 times in a row.
    Way too much Dexing!!

At least I'll never have to fight him again.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Thank you all for the help.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    I don't think you can Quake him, isn't there AAR? Its been awhile but I used the blade trinity and a couple revives
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I used Aegon and a couple of 20% revives, only because I'm an idiot and parried him.