**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why can't I rank up without buying Sigil ?

2»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

It's crazy that OP has the resources to R2 a 6*, but it's stupid that he has the t2a and can't apply them because the stash items can't be used. If you have them you have them. That should be fixed.

If you could use stash items directly the stash wouldn't be the stash, it would just be more inventory. The only way to fix that would be to remove the stash completely, so he wouldn't have the T2A necessary to upgrade, because they would be gone.

If the devs believed what you said, that if you have them you have them and if you don't then you don't then there would be nothing in-between. The stash is in-between. You don't have them, but you have some grace period to receive them if you can clear inventory.
    Sure, that makes sense. That's why you can't use things directly from your stash. But if you are trying to use 6 T2 alphas, and you have 6, you ought to be able to apply the 4 and then claim the rest. It just seems odd that you can't use 6 because of an items limit in your inventory. Is there another area in the game where the inventory limit actually prevents you from using your items?
    Well, there can't be anywhere else because catalysts are the only resource we can't use basically one at a time, they require sets to be used. Personally I wouldn't mind incomplete usage as you describe but I think that would be a large enough change to the dynamics of how we manage catalysts that the devs wouldn't want to experiment with that. I think they are experimenting with those dynamics in a different way: by reducing the number of higher cats necessary for rank ups so we spend less time managing sets and more time acquiring them itself. That's why only a couple T5B to rank 5 and only one T5CC to rank 3. I think that's a compromise between reducing the inventory problem moving forward without messing with the pre-established inventory dynamics up to this point.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,420 Guardian
    edited April 2020
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

It's crazy that OP has the resources to R2 a 6*, but it's stupid that he has the t2a and can't apply them because the stash items can't be used. If you have them you have them. That should be fixed.

If you could use stash items directly the stash wouldn't be the stash, it would just be more inventory. The only way to fix that would be to remove the stash completely, so he wouldn't have the T2A necessary to upgrade, because they would be gone.

If the devs believed what you said, that if you have them you have them and if you don't then you don't then there would be nothing in-between. The stash is in-between. You don't have them, but you have some grace period to receive them if you can clear inventory.
    Sure, that makes sense. That's why you can't use things directly from your stash. But if you are trying to use 6 T2 alphas, and you have 6, you ought to be able to apply the 4 and then claim the rest. It just seems odd that you can't use 6 because of an items limit in your inventory. Is there another area in the game where the inventory limit actually prevents you from using your items?
    Well, there can't be anywhere else because catalysts are the only resource we can't use basically one at a time, they require sets to be used. Personally I wouldn't mind incomplete usage as you describe but I think that would be a large enough change to the dynamics of how we manage catalysts that the devs wouldn't want to experiment with that. I think they are experimenting with those dynamics in a different way: by reducing the number of higher cats necessary for rank ups so we spend less time managing sets and more time acquiring them itself. That's why only a couple T5B to rank 5 and only one T5CC to rank 3. I think that's a compromise between reducing the inventory problem moving forward without messing with the pre-established inventory dynamics up to this point.
    “Partial Application” of Cats toward a hero, to be able to apply additional Cats later on as you get them (or in this case, after you claim more from Stash) ??

Probably wouldn’t want this added to game. So many people would put 1 or 2 initial Cats toward a certain Champ, only to pull a different/better champ later and then would want those initial Cats given back to them so they could use on their newer Champ instead.

Just think of current system as a way to limit you from ranking up champs to certain Ranks until you have achieved a certain Summoner Level.
    **They could have instead just made that one of the “Requirements” needed to do a Rankup, but instead implemented it as a limit of how many Cats of certain types you can hold at any given time.

It would spawn a whole new set of “Gimme RankDown Tickets” posts up here, but would be “Gimme Cats Back” posts instead.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    I’m really sorry but I think the solution here is simply get good
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    How the hell did you get all the T5B and T2A? I would assume you spend a butt load of money so why not just buy the sigal? Just once will do it, rank him and then dont renew. WHats 10 buck after spending hundreds lol
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    edited April 2020

How the hell did you get all the T5B and T2A? I would assume you spend a butt load of money so why not just buy the sigal? Just once will do it, rank him and then dont renew. WHats 10 buck after spending hundreds lol

All sorted mate I got to level 50 which increased my inventory capacity so its resolved.

This mini account is FTP except for 2 of the uncollected $8.99 crystals that came out for a fortnight a while ago (ones that gave Uncollected crystals rather than grandmaster crystals).

I got the rewards from grinding Acts (upto and including uncollected), and being in a kick ass ally that does 5-4-4 or 4-4-4 in AQ and our war rating is 2,233. that's pretty decent rewards right there. The ally grew from doing maps 2 and war rating of less than 1,000 mid-last year to this so we're all growing really well (about 20-25 of us been since that early days) with a few big guns as well.

also the growth is due to my experience in playing mcoc for 4 years in main account. Most of my 5* and 4* champs are R1. I do not rank anyone unless they will help me in Act 5 etc so have been diligently selling t1a's, t1bs etc etc which all get towards building t2a's and t5b's.
    TP33 said:

I’m really sorry but I think the solution here is simply get good

Lol thanks for the advice @TP33 .

Is yr ign TP33 in game ? If yes I think I'm doing alrite. You can look up my mini account PsychoGouki ;)
    or if you really want my main is PsychoAkuma
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

“Partial Application” of Cats toward a hero, to be able to apply additional Cats later on as you get them (or in this case, after you claim more from Stash) ??

Probably wouldn’t want this added to game. So many people would put 1 or 2 initial Cats toward a certain Champ, only to pull a different/better champ later and then would want those initial Cats given back to them so they could use on their newer Champ instead.

Just think of current system as a way to limit you from ranking up champs to certain Ranks until you have achieved a certain Summoner Level.
    **They could have instead just made that one of the “Requirements” needed to do a Rankup, but instead implemented it as a limit of how many Cats of certain types you can hold at any given time.

It would spawn a whole new set of “Gimme RankDown Tickets” posts up here, but would be “Gimme Cats Back” posts instead.
    In my scenario this wouldn't be something you could pause and resume later. You'd either rank the champ or it would reset when you leave the tab. I'm OK with this as a progression limit but it feels like it isn't intentional, it's just an accident caused by the way the game has progressed.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Why are people always looking for loopholes to progression? Especially seasoned vets who should know the drill... Get over it. Even an R1 6* can autofight through a ton of content to level up to the point you can R2 them.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    Looks like this is your lucky week lol. Free Sigil, hope you didnt just pay for it and then this drops lol.
    @Pseudouber @Batman_SinsOfAFather

Haha thanks guys. I’m at lvl 50 so no issues as managed to r2 venom. Keeping this mini account almost FTP cos don’t wanna go spending on two accounts.

But yeah taking advantage of this for sure by using more xp boosts and runnin act 4 exploration for mastery points. Also bought that sweet sweet carb core for the 50 unit discount lol
  • Update (without Sigil)...

Level 40 will now be able to hold 8x T2Alpha for rankup 6* r2.

(although as mentioned thru this thread, if someone is otherwise able to already get both a good enough 6*, or any 6*, and enough high Cat resources to take 6* to r2, without doing enough progress to reach Level 50 yet, things have gotten too easy.)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/193813/catalyst-inventory-expansion-hold-on-to-more-t4c-t2a-and-t5b-catalysts
  • RoofusRoofus Posts: 36
    edited April 2020
    Wow. How things have change.

I didn't get my first 5* until well after 60. I remember one dude in our alliance had 13 5*s, and we thought he was a gawd.

Edit: also good on you for the amount of progression you have at that level.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Welp.....looks like now you can. Top of the page.
    Yep, things are defo way easier than when I started on my main acc 4.5 years ago lol. But this mini acc still putting in lotsa effort with 2.2k war rating so not all the rewards are being handed out. those calendars rewards have increased dramatically though
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Looks like this is your lucky week lol. Free Sigil, hope you didnt just pay for it and then this drops lol.

Even luckier than that. Seems the devs have decided that indeed the lower limits were too harsh on T2A and changed them upward.