**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

In 6.2.5 why doesn’t my 4/55 Void stop Karnak from gaining power when Karnak has 2 petrify debuffs?

MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
I’m going to have to attach the video from my PC because I can’t find a way to attach my video from my iPhone.

I have Despair at 3/3. I have Stupefy at 3/3. I have Petrify at 3/3. My Void is awakened to level 105.

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I can't remember off the top of my head and am locked in a quest, is there a power gain node on that Karnak? Void only stops power gain buffs and passives, not basic power gain
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    Huh? 6.2.5 Karnak does not have any kinds of power gain
    You’re definitely confusing power gain passive effects and power gained from attacks
    What does dispaire have to do with power at all?!?
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    It doesn't... I was trying to say that I've tried to set up my masteries to take advantage of Void.

My video is taking forever to load.

Two petrify debuffs don't even appear to slow down Karnak's power gain.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    MMCskippy said:

It doesn't... I was trying to say that I've tried to set up my masteries to take advantage of Void.

My video is taking forever to load.

Two petrify debuffs don't even appear to slow down Karnak's power gain.

Does the Karnak have any node that gives him a power gain buff or passive?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Like someone mentioned earlier, that Karnark in that quest does not have any power gain nodes, or abilities that give him power.
    edited April 2020
    The video is coming... At the end, I try to get a clip of my masteries and Void's abilities.

It states that each petrify debuff reduces regeneration and power gain rates by 50% each, max 2 stack.
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    I honestly have no idea how you can play at that level, have a high ranking void and to be fair void is not a new character and now you’re wondering this even after he’s been released and all the information on him is out there
    Idk if you’re trolling but I feel like you are
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    MMCskippy said:

The video is coming... At the end, I try to get a clip of my masteries and Void's abilities.

It states that each petrify debuff reduces regeneration and power gain rates by 50% each, max 2 stack.

It doesn't affect power gained from landing or receiving attacks
    I'm not trolling... I've just been f2p for a long time. I had a pile of revives in my stash that I needed to use and when I have that, I try to take down another section of 6.2. Today was 6.2.5.

I've used Void for mostly healing reversal, I've never payed attention when using him for to eliminate power gain. I'm not surprised that the written description is poorly worded. I just thought I'd bring him for Mordo because I do not like Mordo and he's my best option.

You've all read the in game description of his abilities, yes? It says that it reduces the champs power gain rate by 50%. The power gain rate is the rate the champ generates power when striking or being struck isn't it?
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    MMCskippy said:

I'm not trolling... I've just been f2p for a long time. I had a pile of revives in my stash that I needed to use and when I have that, I try to take down another section of 6.2. Today was 6.2.5.

I've used Void for mostly healing reversal, I've never payed attention when using him for to eliminate power gain. I'm not surprised that the written description is poorly worded. I just thought I'd bring him for Mordo because I do not like Mordo and he's my best option.

You've all read the in game description of his abilities, yes? It says that it reduces the champs power gain rate by 50%. The power gain rate is the rate the champ generates power when striking or being struck isn't it?

No... by that line void only reduces power gained by other means like spite or powergain buffs but not the power opponents get from being hit or hitting you
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    It’s not only 6.2.5 karnak go try him on other quests, duels, etc you will get the same results:
    Opponents will gain power when hit, or they hit you
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    MMCskippy said:

This is a subtle one. Short answer: no. Longer answer: if an effect says it reduces power gain rate, that is generally the rate at which power gain effects generate power, not power gained from attacking or being hit. If an effect says it reduces "power gained from all sources" then that would also include power gained from being hit or attacking.

There is an effect called "Power Gain." Unfortunately, if I ask you to describe the thing that happens to your power bar when you get hit by an attack and the bar moves to the right, you'd probably colloquially describe that as a "power gain." Sometimes "power gain" refers to the effect, and sometimes it refers to the generic act of gaining some power. Sometimes you need to understand the context and the specific wording of the entire description to know which is which.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Void would be the god of power control if this is how petrify worked
    Thanks @DNA3000

I think my confusion starts with the description but it was enhanced because two petrify debuffs stop opponents from healing (with despair reversing healing if the node allows it).

In my head, there wasn't real differentiation between healing and power gain. In the world of Kabam's in game ability descriptions, that is a horrible assumption to make on my part.