**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Morningstar Life Steal Bug Fix

Comments

• SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    It would be best if the mods can get an answer from the devs as to why almost a year after release that they are NOW considering to change this mechanic. I mean, if you knew all this long, why wasn’t there an announcement before? People would simply want a clarification and for you to stop waiting to do stuff like these way after release.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    I’m just gonna say this right now to all you guy that only R5ed your Morningstar only for the 6.2 champion why even bother ranking a champ for one fight and one fight only?
  • Peteyaces_72Peteyaces_72 Posts: 29
    Also, this content has been out for almost a year. How many people have been able to take advantage of this bug of Morningstar to get 100% and those of us who haven’t are punished.
    People post YouTube videos and show Morningstar as an amazing counter. They completed the content, I’m like “cool, guess I’ll go to r2 and do it as well” and now it’s changed
    Catmanndo said:

For everyone pro Kabam on this, wait until they diminish a champ you built up and remember this post. At the end of the day, it’s the consumer vs the
    vendor...choose wisely

Ok but when it’s such a small change as this it’s changing 1 fight for Morningstar ONE FIGHT that’s practically nothing I pro kabam on this one because she was bugged if you a read her ability’s it says that she heals off damage dealt so if she’s dealing zero damage should she heal? No she should not

• Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    Ok correct me if I am wrong when champion gets his regen from having over 4 furies does Morningstar get the regen buff as well

So just change the description, that's far easier than changing code. Why take this away from Morningstar?

The contrast with flow, is Stark.

It's clearly just a way to grab more money.

They literally never changed the description it’s always been the same

Hey there everyone, we wanted to drop in and weigh in on this again. To confirm, at 5 Souls, Morningstar has a chance to Life Steal 50% of the damage she deals, so she should not gain any health from attacks that deal 0 damage. Her being able to is a bug that we are working on a fix for and have documented in our Bugs and Known Issues thread here. We wanted to let everyone know ahead of time that a fix was coming for this, though it looks like it won't be able to be resolved until the 27.1 update at the earliest, which is currently slated for June. We also wanted to let everyone know that we are passing feedback on this and the Champion as a whole fight along to the rest of the team.

This all seems very similar to the She Hulk change that happened 7 or so months ago. She had a bug that made her a good counter for the Champion fight, she was changed, and Rank Down Tickets were sent out so people who ranked her up for the fight weren't stuck with a champ that they ranked for specific content only to be changed later.

Does the game team recognize the similarities between the She Hulk issue and this new MS/BWCV issue?
    Because she was effected for literally every unstoppable match up in the game this changed the way people would play her she would be able to combo into heavy and her heavy applies slow so when they nerfed her they realized that this was a very big change so they gave tickets out. Morningstar is no where near what they did to she hulk they changed Morningstar for one fight and one fight only if it’s only effecting for one fight what’s the point of tickets

This image is taken from may 10 2018 video of seatins the description is the exact same as it is today they never changed it
    Compared to this image I took today there are zero changes
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Hey there everyone, we wanted to drop in and weigh in on this again. To confirm, at 5 Souls, Morningstar has a chance to Life Steal 50% of the damage she deals, so she should not gain any health from attacks that deal 0 damage. Her being able to is a bug that we are working on a fix for and have documented in our Bugs and Known Issues thread here. We wanted to let everyone know ahead of time that a fix was coming for this, though it looks like it won't be able to be resolved until the 27.1 update at the earliest, which is currently slated for June. We also wanted to let everyone know that we are passing feedback on this and the Champion as a whole fight along to the rest of the team.

This all seems very similar to the She Hulk change that happened 7 or so months ago. She had a bug that made her a good counter for the Champion fight, she was changed, and Rank Down Tickets were sent out so people who ranked her up for the fight weren't stuck with a champ that they ranked for specific content only to be changed later.

Does the game team recognize the similarities between the She Hulk issue and this new MS/BWCV issue?
    No they aren't similar because nothing was changed on BWCV or Morningstar and shehulks playstyle was entirely altered so no not similar in the slightest
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    From the She-Hulk Heavy Fix compensation post in August 2019 with a few edits to show the similarities:

We have heard from the community and understand that many players may have specifically ranked She-Hulk Morningstar/BWCV for this gameplay mechanic without knowing that it was unintended. Since these rank up decisions require an investment of resources, we want to give players who have ranked She-Hulk Morningstar/BWCV the opportunity to evaluate the fix once it is live and make the decision if they would like to rank her them down. We are working on the steps required to create She-Hulk specific Rank Down Tickets and gather a list of players impacted to provide this compensation the mechanism for such Rank Down Tickets has already been developed.

Again, if it applied to She-Hulk, it applies here.
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★

Again you’re with this conspiracy theory

From the She-Hulk Heavy Fix compensation post in August 2019 with a few edits to show the similarities:

We have heard from the community and understand that many players may have specifically ranked She-Hulk Morningstar/BWCV for this gameplay mechanic without knowing that it was unintended. Since these rank up decisions require an investment of resources, we want to give players who have ranked She-Hulk Morningstar/BWCV the opportunity to evaluate the fix once it is live and make the decision if they would like to rank her them down. We are working on the steps required to create She-Hulk specific Rank Down Tickets and gather a list of players impacted to provide this compensation the mechanism for such Rank Down Tickets has already been developed.

Or maybe you could read ability’s because it doesn’t take a genius to figure out you should not be healing with Morningstar if your doing no damage. Say for example a power focus node. You do no damage on your basic hits so assuming your Morningstar is fully built up should she be healing on power focus when she is doing not damage? No
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Okaythen said:

Okaythen said:

Haji_Saab said:

This was obviously bugged ...

Only issue is that Kabam should be quicker in telling people what is considered bug ... this has been going on for months ...

I agree.

The mods said that the She Hulk issue was also clearly a bug when she was fixed. They ultimately gave champ specific rank-down tickets for that fix. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same in this situation.
    This is a different situation
    Quit trying to get rank down tickets
    Can you explain how it's different?
    First of all if you didn’t use your head to grasp at straws you would understand that she hulk affected her at her base level, her play style and her utility
    Being able to chain heavy made it possible to chain heavies in the corner immediately apply slow after any basic attack bar second medium made unblockable basic attacks almost meaningless
    Her change affected not only the 6.2.6 champ fight it affected her play style many people ranked her up because of this it was promoted by many YouTubers
    MS is only affected in this fight
    how many times have you faced indestructible in other quests? Barely ever
    Is this affecting her ability to regen in general? No it’s not it’s going to work as stated
    Quite trying to find poor excuses for rank down tickets
    If someone ranked her up for one And that fight only fight than that’s on them her abilities were as stated but worked differently and tried to take advantage than that’s a risk people take. She hulk was never stated to be able to chain heavies it was something the community discovered
    MS never has stated that she would regen damage she “would” deal

No conspiracy theory here. Going piece by piece:

You say the She Hulk change affected not only the 6.2.6 fight, but many other fights. You also say that Morningstar is only affected in this fight. However, there are a number of places where this ability could be used to Morningstar's advantage. Aegis Heavy, Aegis Intercept, Prove Yourself, Luke Cage's signature abilities...these are all places where Morningstar's bug could have been used by players. The 6.2.6 Champion boss was the most notable instance, but it wasn't the only instance as you suggest. In this way, She Hulk and the MS/BWCV issue are the same.

You say people ranked up She-Hulk because this bugged ability was promoted on YouTube. If you look it up on YouTube, there are a number of widely-watched videos showcasing this very interaction for Morningstar and BWCV. Are you saying that no one in the community made a rank up decision based on these videos? There are those who have posted today who would tell you that isn't the case. In this way, She Hulk and the MS/BWCV issue are the same.

You say that She Hulk was never stated to be able to chain heavies and it was something the community discovered. However, She Hulk was not the only champ that had this ability and was able to do it for years. This was just taken as a natural interaction given its long-standing presence in the game. Many people used this ability for years and it was never considered a bug until after 6.2.6 Champion was released. How long have videos existed showing the interaction between MS/BWCV and the Champion? Many months, but as we just discussed, the interaction has been in the game as long as She-Hulk and the indestructible buff/passive have been in the game together, which is also years. How long do we need to give Kabam to chime in on whether something is a bug or not? In this way, She Hulk and the MS/BWCV issue are the same.

Again, I won't argue that this wasn't a bug. If it's a bug, it should be fixed. However, I assert that if it takes too long for a widely known bug to be addressed and a champion is adjusted/fixed downward as a result, Rank Down Tickets should be distributed to ensure that people are making rank up decisions based on Kabam's vision for how a Champion is supposed to perform and not how they erroneously were performing.
  • CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 737 ★★★

I’m just gonna say this right now to all you guy that only R5ed your Morningstar only for the 6.2 champion why even bother ranking a champ for one fight and one fight only?

I look forward to the day Kabam diminishes the investment on your roster. I spend real money in hopes of helping out my competitive game play here, but these anti player moves are increasingly making me skeptic to spend anything moving forward. This is a bad trend that’s becoming systemic.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    Ok. Gulk. It says he regenerates from passive damage. But bane is apparently "special".

Where is the bug fix allowing Gulk to Regen from bane? He should.

Ok. Gulk. It says he regenerates from passive damage. But bane is apparently "special".

That’s because originally when they first made act 5 it was a active degen I don’t remember when they changed it but they did but I think that’s just because the game still registers it as a buff
    Catmanndo said:

I look forward to the day Kabam diminishes the investment on your roster. I spend real money in hopes of helping out my competitive game play here, but these anti player moves are increasingly making me skeptic to spend anything moving forward. This is a bad trend that’s becoming systemic.
    Ok my point still stands if your gonna rank your champ up for one singular fight and never use them again why even bother ranking them up?

Catmanndo said:

Ok my point still stands if your gonna rank your champ up for one singular fight and never use them again why even bother ranking them up?
    All it is just a waste of your resources If you use a champion once for one single fight and never again
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

That would really be amazing and pro player if the Champion boss didn't regain his previous charges when you entered into the fight again or changed it to one indestructible charge total. I would definitely be one of the first players to commend the company for doing the right thing if that happens.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

I don't know how many times this must be explained but here I go again THERE WAS NO CHANGE TO MS/BWCV THEIR DESCRIPTION AND ABILITIES ALL FUNCTION THE SAME SHE HULK HAD HER ABILITES AND PLAYSTYLE ALTERED. Just because you can plug names in places doesn't make it the same.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Everyone the change has not happened yet! For all those saying they ranked MS specifically for the champion fight and they are outraged..... go fight the champion and clear the content. He is the only reason you ranked MS then you have nothing to be upset about when they fix the bug.

Side note: MS is a fantastic rank 5 option with the 6.2 champion fight being a very very very very small sliver of why
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    edited April 2020

That’s because originally when they first made act 5 it was a active degen I don’t remember when they changed it but they did but I think that’s just because the game still registers it as a buff
    You are selectively choosing which description is a bug that needs fixing and one that is ok to slide.

Why does Morningstar's description need a bug fix, rather than a quick text change?

Why can't this just be ignored like Gulk and bane?

How about Kamala and her removing buffs that aren't in her description either?

Again, flow's description can be dragged into this as can multiple others.

Fixing Morningstar, while ignoring all the others, stinks.

You are selectively choosing which description is a bug that needs fixing and one that is ok to slide.

Why does Morningstar's description need a bug fix, rather than a quick text change?

Why can't this just be ignored like Gulk and bane?

How about Kamala and her removing buffs that aren't in her description either?

Again, flow's description can be dragged into this as can multiple others.

Fixing Morningstar, while ignoring all the others, stinks.
    Listen I’m not always on kabams side ok infact I was pissed off when they nerfed she hulk because that effected her in more matches then just the 6.2 champion fight. Morningstar barely got touched at all is this going to effect how you will play Morningstar outside of 6.2 no it won’t because Morningstar will still function the same. And yes I’m annoyed that kabam hasn’t fixed the gladiator hulk and kamala bugs