**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rank downs

Seriously, we need rank downs. The game is progressing way too quickly to keep up with. No one wants 50+ champs that they spent a lot of time on to just sit there an collect dust because the next wave came out. The game is evolving, but y'all are making out rosters stay the same.
How about a really compelling argument as to why you wont give us rank downs? Y'all will still make 1000s on your promo money grabs. Y'all will still come out with new champs that people will pay to have a shot of getting. What is so bad about rank downs?

Comments

• Addyos wrote: »
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/92076#Comment_92076

Read the last two responses for your compelling arguments against RDTs. There's numerous threads on RDT's already; a simple use of the search button would have saved you the trouble of creating another unnecessary post to clutter the forums.

Yes thats great from our point of view, ie the players

I was looking at if from Kabams position

Either way it is a big fat NO
  • 4_ME_U_D0N34_ME_U_D0N3 Posts: 141
    edited September 2017
    we dont need alot of rank down tickets but a fair amount like 3 or 5 something like that...Lets say on one hand i got an ironman all he does is a small armor break a solid regen and armor up....Then u Get all the new champs angela iceman kg dormammu mordo GreenGoblin doc oc and last but not least St enhanced spiderman...The game has evolved since 2 years ago The old champs need a revamp or rank down they cant keep Up with all those new buffs and debuffs the new champs get
  • we dont need alot of rank down tickets but a fair amount like 3 or 5 something like that...Lets say on one hand i got an ironman all he does is a small armor break a solid regen and armor up....Then u Get all the new champs angela iceman kg dormammu mordo GreenGoblin doc oc and last but not least St enhanced spiderman...The game has evolved since 2 years ago The old champs need a revamp or rank down they cant keep Up with all those new buffs and debuffs the new champs get

Mate, seriously, read my 1st post. This would cost Kabam literally tens of millions in real money to do

So why would they do it?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    we dont need alot of rank down tickets but a fair amount like 3 or 5 something like that...Lets say on one hand i got an ironman all he does is a small armor break a solid regen and armor up....Then u Get all the new champs angela iceman kg dormammu mordo GreenGoblin doc oc and last but not least St enhanced spiderman...The game has evolved since 2 years ago The old champs need a revamp or rank down they cant keep Up with all those new buffs and debuffs the new champs get

That's the problem. The Tickets are not for switching our Roster to have the newest Champs Ranked. They're made for significant changes to the integrity of a Champ. Some people call them Nerfs. Meaning, when they change the basic functionality of a Champ. The game is designed around progression through Ranking Champs. It's cumulative. When a new Champ is added, it's not wasted effort that others are Ranked. We continue to work for Resources to Rank more. Who people Rank is entirely up to them. Some are incredibly selective. Others Rank everyone. That's all a part of our choices. The Tickets however, are not for new additions or changes to content. They're for changes to the Champs themselves.
  • ScorpiodsuScorpiodsu Posts: 21
    I don't think they need to give them out. Although, it would be nice if they did. But rank down should be a part of the game. You can get rank up crystal in SQ events that automatically allow you to take a champ up to the next level. So might as well have rank downs as well as rewards in some quests. I don't think that's unreasonable.
  • Not sure why people get so upset on those who ask for rank down tickets, some trolls in these forums act as if the work for kabam or own stock in the company or something. I'm not say we should get rank downs, although with come of 6 stars think if would be nice to remove resources from soon to be useless 4 stars, but these hat hasn't happened yet, so no real need for these hath em yet. Despite that, ow some of u, especially see same ones on several posts, just atrack people, it's rather immature and silly. Of u don't agree with what they asking for, just let someone who actually has a say in it respond.

1 - says the person who just attacked people for disagreeing! And the one who can't even type correctly lol

2 - People don't get upset at all, just try to show others that there are numerous posts about this already, and the fact that issuing RDT would spoil the game for the players as has been shown and cost Kabam tens of millions in income

3 - You ask that people who want this can respond but ones who disagree shouldn't be allowed to?

Go and find a grown up, ask them about "people having different opinions" you will find this helpful

The Forum is for people to coverse and share information. Not only for people to communicate with the staff. We can also share the fact that their stance has been stated numerous times on the subject, and the same subject comes up quite often. Everyone has a say in the conversation. That also includes people who share information that has come from the staff.
  • Some of u just come off way too aggressive and critical of others, then flag others who disagree with u, really many of u r just forums bullies, but whatever floats ur boat.
  • Rank down as a rare item or as a pay-for-item is not a bad idea. There is definitely a market for it.
  • Aaronb06Aaronb06 Posts: 10
    @Dave_the_destroyer. This is a free to play game. They will profit either way. People Wil still buy their promos, people will still need to rank future champs. There is no way they bank on "potions" as a legit profit tool. Units are simply too easy to cone by.
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    Some of u just come off way too aggressive and critical of others, then flag others who disagree with u, really many of u r just forums bullies, but whatever floats ur boat.

When I read the whole thread, you are the one starting to call people "troll" and attacking people first. I can see people argue with different points of views and both can give valid reason but you started to call people "TROLL". Can you point out where in this thread people "attacking" other who in support of RDT?

• Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    MyTaffy wrote: »
    Every time I read this type of thread, I cannot help to wonder why do not people ask for more 4*CC or 4*BC instead of Rankdown? Is it best to have more strong 5* rank 3 champions than just fix number of 5* rank 3 champions?

@WorkingAsIntended If you want to diversify your defense, you should "Rank UP" more champions, not rank down in order to rank up..

Oh, you said it's not possible for Kabam to give more 4*CC? then why do you think it's possible for Kabam to give more rdt?

This is a great point. The reason I have seen for A lot of people wanting rank down tickets is they want to rank down their 5* r4 champs. They ranked them up and now they want rank down tickets to get back those t2as (despite the fact they used those champs to get more rewards in war and aq along the way). I have been consistent that I am okay with rank down tickets for 4*s (I don't support but don't oppose). However, I am in full opposition of rank downs for any 5* r4 champs. I would be curious how many on this thread who are asking for rdts would take that compromise (three rdts for 4* champs but no
    Rdts for 5* champs and be happy with it).
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    So forget the term "rank down tickets". What if there was a way for us to purchase/earn a way to remove resources from a champ within a given time period? 30/60/90 days. Like test driving a car.

My example is Carnage, while I am not going to debate his usefulness, I will say that many who earned or won him, ranked him to 5/50, 4/45, etc only to find that he is not what they expected. Now just image if they had 1 of these "test-drive" gems and could recover the resources used on a broken, useless, or unwanted champ?

This would be very helpful, as I think we have all experienced disappointment that we could not 100% anticipate without trying it first. I doubt this will upset the balance of the game if you get one every few months...maybe with a Web-slinger type challenge reward.

Just an idea-tweak on the infamous RDT
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    It's funny in a hypothetical scenario so many of you jump on the hate bandwagon and bash others for wanting rdt who are you to judge what someone else deems worthy? funny how this community is so quick to condemn others. The arrogance as well.
    It's funny in a hypothetical scenario so many of you jump on the hate bandwagon and bash others for wanting rdt who are you to judge what someone else deems worthy? funny how this community is so quick to condemn others. The arrogance as well.

Can you point out where in the thread people have bashing others except your own posts? You are the one keeping on bashing others who have different points than yours.

Personally I am not against the RDT, just found it a bit funny to ask for RDT instead of more resources...

Ok mr white knight defender of the realm lol there is numerous threads of others anointing themselves as the official rdt officers. It gets old you don't like rdt being given out then just shut up plain and simple. That's my point
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Ok mr white knight defender of the realm lol there is numerous threads of others anointing themselves as the official rdt officers. It gets old you don't like rdt being given out then just shut up plain and simple. That's my point

First here you. Go https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion
    Just noticed gotta keep things pg
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Give me one compelling reason why they SHOULD issue rank-downs? Not reasons that benefit you, but reasons that make sense and benefit the game?

1-Because if they sell them for units or part of a purchase package people will spend real money on them that kabam can deposit into their bank account.
    lol safe spaces? This is your troll on someone who isn't a millennial? You must really hate yourself to push your own views on others which doesn't even stay on topic of the op.Great work
    Give me one compelling reason why they SHOULD issue rank-downs? Not reasons that benefit you, but reasons that make sense and benefit the game?

1-Because if they sell them for units or part of a purchase package people will spend real money on them that kabam can deposit into their bank account.

Considering the amount that's made on Resources compared to what they would make on Tickets, that is not sound. Regardless, it's not just about the money. The game is all about progressing through Ranking Champs. It also involves choosing who to use what Resources on. Nothing is wasted from a progress standpoint. The point is to earn more Resources to Rank more Champs.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    try
    Ok mr you don't like rdt being given out then just shut up plain and simple. That's my point
    This sounds an awful like only wanting to here one opinion and one opinion alone
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited September 2017

Why should people against RDT's shut up just because you don't like their opinion? Everyone's free to voice an opinion on an open forum, within reason. Only the mods here have the authority to delete or censor someone's posts, not you. And from the looks of things, incendiary posts such as yours will only get this thread closed down.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    I have a brilliant idea......... Actually make t2a more availble like they promised to and maybe just maybe people will quit asking for RDTs. Now I know the argument is how is that fair to those who 100% LOL? NEWSFLASH those people want more t2a too, and guess what they will still have more r4 5* than you until you also 100% LOL. Nothing unfair about that. Now I am not saying give them away for free in calendars but why the hell are there not any t2a in 5.3? Not even a single shard. Just wait till next month when half the people completing master monthly now cannot when 6* are added to it. These requests are only going to multiply and get louder.
  • Antgeo1Antgeo1 Posts: 120
    Star_Lord_ wrote: »
    So forget the term "rank down tickets". What if there was a way for us to purchase/earn a way to remove resources from a champ within a given time period? 30/60/90 days. Like test driving a car.

My example is Carnage, while I am not going to debate his usefulness, I will say that many who earned or won him, ranked him to 5/50, 4/45, etc only to find that he is not what they expected. Now just image if they had 1 of these "test-drive" gems and could recover the resources used on a broken, useless, or unwanted champ?

This would be very helpful, as I think we have all experienced disappointment that we could not 100% anticipate without trying it first. I doubt this will upset the balance of the game if you get one every few months...maybe with a Web-slinger type challenge reward.

Just an idea-tweak on the infamous RDT

This should have its own thread as not to be buried in here.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    edited September 2017

Considering the amount that's made on Resources compared to what they would make on Tickets, that is not sound.
    I'm assuming you have seen the market analysis on this to make this statement.
    Regardless, it's not just about the money.
    LMFAO!!
    The game is all about progressing through Ranking Champs. It also involves choosing who to use what Resources on. Nothing is wasted from a progress standpoint. The point is to earn more Resources to Rank more Champs.
    Many people will not spend money on things they can in time earn from playing the game, but those same people might spend on something they otherwise can't get. Especially when it can directly fix something they don't like and improve something they do like. I'm not saying they should add them, but the profitability of them would be a compelling reason. I haven't bothered with the market research on it, was just offering a suggestions. Please when you finish with the report, send it on over, I'd love to see what lead you to that firm conclusion.

• Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

Translation: "Anyone who doesn't agree with me needs to shut up. Only my opinion is valid." Lmao
    edited September 2017

Considering the amount that's made on Resources compared to what they would make on Tickets, that is not sound.
    I'm assuming you have seen the market analysis on this to make this statement.
    Regardless, it's not just about the money.
    LMFAO!!
    The game is all about progressing through Ranking Champs. It also involves choosing who to use what Resources on. Nothing is wasted from a progress standpoint. The point is to earn more Resources to Rank more Champs.
    Many people will not spend money on things they can in time earn from playing the game, but those same people might spend on something they otherwise can't get. Especially when it can directly fix something they don't like and improve something they do like. I'm not saying they should add them, but the profitability of them would be a compelling reason. I haven't bothered with the market research on it, was just offering a suggestions. Please when you finish with the report, send it on over, I'd love to see what lead you to that firm conclusion.

You don't need a Market Analysis to see that the money they make on Resources over a year, combined with the money they make from people working towards said Resources, is greater than the money they would make on a single Item that recovers said Resources to reallocate. They would lose money.
    Regardless, that's not what they're for. They were only introduced because of the nerfs. Changes made to how the Champs themselves function. They're not a quick fix to Ranking someone else up. They've explained this countless times. Who would bother working for Resources if they could just swap them? That's counterintuitive to the game design. They're not for swapping Rosters or dealing with ongoing issues. They're for changes to the integrity of the functionality of existing Champs.
    lol safe spaces? This is your troll on someone who isn't a millennial? You must really hate yourself to push your own views on others which doesn't even stay on topic of the op.Great work

First of all, I am not Mr. White Knight. Secondly, re-read all your posts, which posts stay on topic? People try to stay on topic and have a discussion good and bad and other ideas of RDT but you keep on yelling at people.

OP is asking what's bad about RDT so people try to help him. Did you help? No. Your first post was calling people TROLL and all the posts afterwards were attack, attack and attack with useless and un-related wording.

You could just be civil and give some thing you like about RDT. And maybe just maybe, Kabam will see many people like RDT and grant you the wish.