Indestructible is fundamentally "FLAWED"

We all know the only reason you changed Morningstar and BWCV is because they were such good counters to The Champion boss.

Ok we'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Let's assume your intentions were pure.

Your "explanation" was that while indestructible there would not be any life steal.
Guess what ?
This is how all champs with life steal operate. So either you admit that you messed up or you have to change the fundamental interaction between 'Indestructible' and 'Life Steal'

Comments

• I won't talk for Rogue ...

But in the Ghost Rider case, you can clearly see in his abilities that the lifesteal is not based on the damage dealt. Is a specific number, a specific amount of regeneration that he gets for each hit landed on the opponent

How do you lifesteal when you can't actually reduce " life" of the opponent? Where does that "life" come from?
    Don't get me wrong i have zero problem with the interaction . It's just that some summoners were saying that it is a bug that morningstar heals. I think this is how the interaction has been all along and changing it means changing the whole fundamental of what indestructible means
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

At least to me for ghost rider it’s not really based on damage because it just said attacks the champion could be indestructible and I’m pretty sure he would still heal really quickly I’m gonna go do some testing
  • JollyHawk said:

Morningstar's ability specifically says "50% of damage done". I don't see any wording like that from your screenshots of Rogue and GR.

If we're going word to word, GR and Rogue should still not be able to heal. You can't steal life if the opponent is not losing any. Same difference with Morningstar.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    Rogue also needs fixed, but GR gets health for each attack. His regen is not based off of damage dealt.

Grow up and get over this already.

In all honestly, life steal should be changed to be shut down while an opponent in indestructible.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    After doing some testing I can confirm that yes he still should be healing even if the opponent is indestructible because it’s based off his attacks not how much damage he does
  • After doing some testing I can confirm that yes he still should be healing even if the opponent is indestructible because it’s based off his attacks not how much damage he does

Dude, it literally says lifesteal. Where the hell is life coming from?
  • -sixate- said:

Rogue also needs fixed, but GR gets health for each attack. His regen is not based off of damage dealt.

In all honestly, life steal should be changed to be shut down while an opponent in indestructible.

Grow up and get over? I'll tell you the same about your post about backdraft issue then. GiT GuD AnD AdApT
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    Man I hate when pics are Uploaded like that
    It makes me start new tabs in my phone
  • Okaythen said:

Man I hate when pics are Uploaded like that
    It makes me start new tabs in my phone

Sorry first time posting images. Don't know how to do it properly.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

-sixate- said:

Grow up and get over? I'll tell you the same about your post about backdraft issue then. GiT GuD AnD AdApT
    I did get over it. I'm just fine without it. It's called adapt to their ****. Get used to it or quit.
  • Primmer79 said:

you're holding onto the 'lifesteal' wording when that wasnt the reason for the change. the reason for the change is the wording of "of damage done" and there was no damage being done.

You're not wrong, you're just keying on a difference Kabam wasn't. There's inconsistencies like this everywhere after several years of this game.

Well in both cases it's the wording that is causing problems. So they'll have to 'fix' both while they're at it. Also to the devs is the coding in both cases (ie. 'Morningstar and BWCV 'and' GR and Rogue') the same or is the description just different to account for the health stolen ? @Kabam Mike
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 830 ★★★

Ghost Rider is fine, he regens based off hitting the opponent, not dealing damage. Rogue is bugged. Overall, it's a really stupid interaction that I do really believe they changed just so they can milk more money from The Champion No Retreat fight either by forcing people to spend more units and cash or encouraging them to spend money or units on Featured Cavs for Sorceror Supreme. However, my advice is to just forget about it because Kabam isn't going to back down from this. As for the No Retreat fight, wait until you have Doom and Mister Fantastic. Doom doesn't need to dash back often in the fight because of his passive stun ability and he has really high block proficiency. Go in with Mister Fantastic first and place the Careful Study Passive on the Champion's sp1. Go in with Doom and just block all but the last hit of the sp1, you'll only take around 400 damage per blocked hit versus the normal 2,000 or so. Rinse and Repeat. It takes some practice, but it's the most viable option in my opinion. Unless you have Sym Supreme, he just wrecks that fight in general

While I agree with all of this, ghost Rider is as bugged as Ms and bwcv, if they are bugged. You can't steal health, if the other person's health doesn't reduce. The argument is the same.

The rest of your post, I would like to agree with 10 times though, to compensate!
  • Ghost Rider is fine, he regens based off hitting the opponent, not dealing damage. Rogue is bugged. Overall, it's a really stupid interaction that I do really believe they changed just so they can milk more money from The Champion No Retreat fight either by forcing people to spend more units and cash or encouraging them to spend money or units on Featured Cavs for Sorceror Supreme. However, my advice is to just forget about it because Kabam isn't going to back down from this. As for the No Retreat fight, wait until you have Doom and Mister Fantastic. Doom doesn't need to dash back often in the fight because of his passive stun ability and he has really high block proficiency. Go in with Mister Fantastic first and place the Careful Study Passive on the Champion's sp1. Go in with Doom and just block all but the last hit of the sp1, you'll only take around 400 damage per blocked hit versus the normal 2,000 or so. Rinse and Repeat. It takes some practice, but it's the most viable option in my opinion. Unless you have Sym Supreme, he just wrecks that fight in general

Not trying to be agressive but if you think Rogue is bugged then so is GR. Both heal based in the ability lifesteal.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,242 ★★★
    Guess they'd have to look into all iterations of life steal abilities
    Omega red, Dr strange, rogue, gr, Ms, bwcv
This discussion has been closed.