**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Matchmaking unfair [Merged Threads]

Comments

• TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★

Sorry guys, an alliance with 2000 higher prestige than you is probably better at war than you. The system before was artificially saying some alliance were waaaaaay better than they actually were.
    I will mention no names just say that some alliances were grossly over rated.

I see what you did there ;)
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Treinin said:

Alliance Wars are not solely based on any one factor, but you will be matched with Alliances near your War Rating. This is a performance-based rating that changes with your Alliance's wins and losses. Alliance Rating can be manipulated, so is not a good matchmaking comparison.

We are continuing to work to improve our matchmaking parameters with every Season and even in between. Some Wars will be more difficult than others, but if you want to climb to the top, you're going to have to earn your spot!

Unfortunately War Rating can also be manipulated using shell-alliances. Until you stop this practice there will be no such thing as fair matchmaking. Allowing people to artificially drop their war rating by deliberately tanking an alliance for a season and then moving into it does not maintain balance.

I agree we should need to fight to the top, but stating that War Rating is better than Alliance Rating because Alliance Rating can be manipulated is a bad argument given both can be manipulated.

More needs to be done on this. No perfect solution, but matchmaking has been a mess since alliance war seasons began. 17 seasons later one would hope you would be closer to sorting it out.

I get what you're saying but the key difference is war rating determines which tier you're in so therefore directly affects the points you earn for the season.
    Alliance rating has no impact on scoring
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    Play in the 1BG maps were alliance rate/prestige mean absolutely nothing as you could have 10 mean peeps and 20 shell accounts.
    Some alliance rotate players, some play the same rosters all the time.
    What would be an equitable solution there?
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Das_gi said:

Ahitlaw said:

Mid season change like this I want this war scrapped.

Lower prestige alliances like yours have been avoiding alliances like mine for 8 seasons and getting better rewards than you deserve. Hell, a 9k prestige alliance that gets their asses handed to them by every map 7 alliance in the game came in to the top 3 of previous season purely by avoiding opponents like us. If you remove those alliances we’d get platinum 1 rewards in stead of the platinum 2 rewards we had last season.

Think before you comment cause higher prestige alliances have been at a huge disadvantage for 8 seasons because we couldn’t face alliances like yours and always had to face the other top prestige alliances? If you want it to be fair we should all (the top prestige alliances except for those in master who still had their spot) get 6* shards, a lot of 5* shards, a lot of t5b shards and t2a shards for each of the past 8 seasons cause because of alliances like yours we all ended up at least 1 bracket lower than we should.

Okay it isn’t your fault that the matching system was making you avoid us, but don’t complain now you actually have a hard war to fight and want to have it scrapped @Ahitlaw
    Of course the ones winning on this side of the deal wouldn’t complain 🙄
    If your prestige is so great anyway why aren’t you higher ranked? Oh. Because you are AQ focused, so us. War focused on getting better. Wiping everything in our path. Gets paired with an over powered ally that should be higher than where their at. So therefore, you not caring about war. Screws over people who do care. Yeah that’s fair

Ahitlaw said:

Das_gi said:

Ahitlaw said:

Lower prestige alliances like yours have been avoiding alliances like mine for 8 seasons and getting better rewards than you deserve. Hell, a 9k prestige alliance that gets their asses handed to them by every map 7 alliance in the game came in to the top 3 of previous season purely by avoiding opponents like us. If you remove those alliances we’d get platinum 1 rewards in stead of the platinum 2 rewards we had last season.

Think before you comment cause higher prestige alliances have been at a huge disadvantage for 8 seasons because we couldn’t face alliances like yours and always had to face the other top prestige alliances? If you want it to be fair we should all (the top prestige alliances except for those in master who still had their spot) get 6* shards, a lot of 5* shards, a lot of t5b shards and t2a shards for each of the past 8 seasons cause because of alliances like yours we all ended up at least 1 bracket lower than we should.

Okay it isn’t your fault that the matching system was making you avoid us, but don’t complain now you actually have a hard war to fight and want to have it scrapped @Ahitlaw
    Were you complaining about never facing stronger alliances with similar war ratings before?
    I’ve never had a reason to complain. Mismatches r one thing but not that lopsided.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Ahitlaw said:

Das_gi said:

Ahitlaw said:

Were you complaining about never facing stronger alliances with similar war ratings before?
    I’ve never had a reason to complain. Mismatches r one thing but not that lopsided.
    Of course you didn't have a reason to complain. You never had to fight anyone in your own tier. That's the point and the problem
    TwmR said:

Ahitlaw said:

If your prestige is so great anyway why aren’t you higher ranked? Oh. Because you are AQ focused, so us. War focused on getting better. Wiping everything in our path. Gets paired with an over powered ally that should be higher than where their at. So therefore, you not caring about war. Screws over people who do care. Yeah that’s fair

If you can't beat an alliance who doesn't care about war you shouldn't be ranked above them
    True. But shouldn’t be fighting them to maintain our rank.

Ahitlaw said:

Ahitlaw said:

Das_gi said:

Ahitlaw said:

Of course you didn't have a reason to complain. You never had to fight anyone in your own tier. That's the point and the problem
    What? We fight people that our stronger than us all the time and wipe them out. These people are a tier beyond us fool.
    Gonna then your mouth, least be accurate and not a fool. Least the others are

Ahitlaw said:

TwmR said:

Ahitlaw said:

If you can't beat an alliance who doesn't care about war you shouldn't be ranked above them
    If you can't beat similarly ranked alliances, you didn't deserve the rank to begin with
    Only thing similar is war rating? Everything is crazy lopsided? Are you dumb?
    Ahitlaw said:

Ahitlaw said:

Ahitlaw said:

Das_gi said:

Ahitlaw said:

What? We fight people that our stronger than us all the time and wipe them out. These people are a tier beyond us fool.
    They're actually in the same exact tier as you
    Only reason why war rating is similar is cause they didn’t care and didn’t try.
    So therefore let’s pair them up with the weak ones and give them a free W. Cause they can’t compete and gotta be handed free wins haha
    Ahitlaw said:

Ahitlaw said:

TwmR said:

Ahitlaw said:

If you can't beat similarly ranked alliances, you didn't deserve the rank to begin with
    Considering war rating determines you scoring multiplier it's really all that matters. Why should you get more points for facing weaker alliances? It's not your fault who you've been matched with but if you think how it was working previously was fair you're delusional

Ahitlaw said:

Ahitlaw said:

TwmR said:

Ahitlaw said:

Considering war rating determines you scoring multiplier it's really all that matters. Why should you get more points for facing weaker alliances? It's not your fault who you've been matched with but if you think how it was working previously was fair you're delusional
    I should get points for fighting similar opponents. I don’t want easy wins. But I do not want an impossible war. Who does? Foolish.
    Das_gi said:

Here’s a little update. The reason why he’s complaining is obvious @Worknprogress

I been one shotting your weak defense no prob. Please talk tough to someone else lol
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    edited April 2020
    @Ahitlaw Aq focused yes but we do care about war. We all got 20+ R5’s/R2’s so we got enough champs for both. But yes you’re right we’re not even boosting for a defense as easy as this
    Das_gi said:

Aq focused yes but we do care about war

Yeah we’re not even boosting for a matchup as easy as this

Care about war can’t can’t do any better than this? Man I feel bad now you deserve this free W. Kabam always catering to you pansies
    Heck. We’re up n coming and in your tier, outta here scrub
  • Amms90Amms90 Posts: 327 ★★★

Guys... This is a war we're not even playing. Wasting resources for no reason is against common sense. I believe this is an issue that should be addressed. Kabam will not profit from unfair match ups, as the alliances with zero chance at winning won't even try. No units spent by us, no money gained by kabam. I think war matchmaking was not broken as it was before, because we were always getting fair match ups and wars that we could play against opponents of the same strength as us. That was fun. Enjoyable. And the winner was the one who played better, not the one with the bigger profile... Remember what this all is supposed to be about? Entertainment and fun. This mode of gameplay is going to die with such a stupid matchmaking system. What needed to be changed was all the rest. You think it's unfair that an alliance with low prestige such as ours can go all the way up to reach gold 2-gold 1? Then fix the way to climb the ladder. But please don't make it so that because we won FAIRLY all wars against opponents our size now we gotta get paired with titans and lose every war until we go low enough to get fair match ups again. We won't even try playing these wars. None of the alliances suffering this same fate should. Moreover, this unannounced change is coming midseason. Does that make sense to you? Some of us spend money in this game. All of us spend our time playing this game. Farming units, farming glory, getting resources... What we thought so far after 6 war and 6 wins this season was that we were making progress. We invested resources in rank up materials and such to power up our defenders which are mostly forgettable for other modes of gameplay, thinking that this would be useful... Improving our defense just as well as our skills and our attack. But with things as they are now we just wasted resources we could invest in champions which would be way more useful in other modes of gameplay. If we go against alliances made of all r5 top champions like ghost, corvus, hype, domino etc etc then it doesn't really matter whether we have r3 5stars or r1 2stars in our defense... This makes us feel robbed.
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    @Amms90 you’re a 7.7 mil alliance with a 2.3k aw rating. You should never be that high if you still use R3 5*’s in attack phase. It ain’t your fault, it was the matchmaking systems fault but you’re gonna have a harsch rest of the season. My condolences
    And you’re a 56m ally that shouldn’t be this low.
This discussion has been closed.