**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Omega red non-contact hits not healing him? path 3

TribornTriborn Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hello everybody, i have been searching all around the forums and reddit about this and nobody seem to tall about it.

I just noticed in Wars Omega he is not healing back from any of his non-contact hits in Psychic Thorns node (Tier 5, Path 3 Psychic Thorns 2).

It shouldn't be interacting with Quick Nullify because its not a regeneration buff, the heal should come from the node. I fought multiple champions in that node on multiple days (Human Torch, Abomination, Dr. Strange, Havok). And i didn't heal in any of them.
Here is a video (not mine) where you can see an OR r5 duped fighting in that same node, as you can see he is not taking damage from non-contact attacks but he is not healing 75% of the damage done as the node describes:

https://youtu.be/7YodA4R3Y5s

Anyone knows of this is a bug? Am i the only one experiencing this? Am i missing something?

Comments

• Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    I'm pretty sure Omage dosn't have non contact hits
  • Options
    TribornTriborn Posts: 2
    All his tentacle hits are non-contact

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Tentacle hits aren’t non contact, it doesn’t say that anywhere, they just don’t take damage back
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    These guys are correct @Triborn

Omega won't take damage from Psychic Thorns if he sticks to Medium and Heavy attacks, but he won't heal back via the node either.

The tentacles make contact, so there will be no healing. However, the tentacles allow Omega Red to bypass the damage he'd normally see.
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Triborn said:

The picture is pretty clear. He doesn’t take damage when using tentacles but nowhere does it say they don’t make contact.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    Onmix said:

Triborn said:

The picture is pretty clear. He doesn’t take damage when using tentacles but nowhere does it say they don’t make contact.
    He takes damage from microreflect on tentacle hits, so if his description is wrong there, who's to say what else may be wrong?

By the way, I'm on the side of his hits being physical, so I agree with you, but you can't rely on what's written in the character description, as clearly it does not apply.

If you pop into v2 with Omega and hit with medium hits, you will take damage back.
  • Options

Onmix said:

Triborn said:

He takes damage from microreflect on tentacle hits, so if his description is wrong there, who's to say what else may be wrong?

By the way, I'm on the side of his hits being physical, so I agree with you, but you can't rely on what's written in the character description, as clearly it does not apply.

If you pop into v2 with Omega and hit with medium hits, you will take damage back.
    Maybe read the v2 nodes then? The glancing there provides 100% oaar and since omega isn't aar-immune and his anti-thorns-ability is an offensive ability...
    Where does it say his anti thorns ability is an offensive ability? Where does it say it has 100% chance to work? It doesn't. So they either need to fix the text, or fix the bug.

You can't apply one rule somewhere and the completely ignore it elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Onmix said:

Triborn said:

Maybe read the v2 nodes then? The glancing there provides 100% oaar and since omega isn't aar-immune and his anti-thorns-ability is an offensive ability...
    Where does it say his anti thorns ability is an offensive ability? Where does it say it has 100% chance to work? It doesn't. So they either need to fix the text, or fix the bug.

If you look in your past screenshot you’ll see that OR doesn’t get immunity to damage. He gets 100% REDUCED damage.
    So if the glancing node makes 100%-100% = 0 he can take damage.

I agree with you that descriptions in this game are sometimes very misleading and inconsistent.
    It’s just that this one isn’t one of those.
  • Options
    I'll give you an agree. That somewhat makes sense. But I still think it's open to interpretation

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    I'll quote my answer on a previous thread:

The node deals damage if you hit the opponent with a physical contact attack

So this is divided in 3x parts:
    - First, it need to be an attack. This includes medium, lights, heavy's and special attacks. Damage over time, direct damage, etc, that are not considered attacks, will bypass it.
    - Second, it need to be an attack that makes contact. So, projectile attacks (attacks that don't make contact) will bypass the node as well.
    - And third, it needs to be a physical attack. Meaning that energy attacks will bypass the node as well.

So counters for the node are:
    - Character's that deal energy attacks in their combo's. This includes symbiote supreme, magneto, human torch for example
    - Character's that have projectile attacks in their kit. This includes Havoc (medium attacks only), Yondu (yaka arrow attacks only), Ebony Maw (first medium), for example.
    - Character's that deal damage over time damage, not realying on attacks. An example would be Quake, that doesn't need to attack the opponent.
  • Options

Onmix said:

Triborn said:

Wait what...?

Offensive abilities are those that trigger on offensive actions.

Unless otherwise specified abilities have a 100% chance to trigger.

The explanation you just agreed with doesn't even make sense. Glancing does not interact with the amount of damage reduction, it simply keeps the damage reduction from happening since it is logically an offensive ability.

This is genuinely just how the game works. There's no bug here and no fix needed for any of that.
    Would you mind explaining the difference between your explanation and mine?
    Just curious, if the end result is the same, what was wrong with mine ?
  • Options
    Not an attack lol just to understand if it’s wrong so as not to spread false information.
  • Options
    OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    Onmix said:

Onmix said:

Triborn said:

Wait what...?

Offensive abilities are those that trigger on offensive actions.

Unless otherwise specified abilities have a 100% chance to trigger.

The explanation you just agreed with doesn't even make sense. Glancing does not interact with the amount of damage reduction, it simply keeps the damage reduction from happening since it is logically an offensive ability.

This is genuinely just how the game works. There's no bug here and no fix needed for any of that.
    Would you mind explaining the difference between your explanation and mine?
    Just curious, if the end result is the same, what was wrong with mine ?
    You said that his tent attacks reduce damage by 100% and that glancing reduces OAA by 100%
    That’s like saying OML with 100% concussion on him will make him his 95% bleed resistance only 5% effective
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I don’t think it’s the same example because those kinds of abilities aren’t affected by AAR.

But let me ask you this. If glancing was -50% instead of -100% would OR still take damage all the time or just half the time ?
    Or would he take damage all the time but just half?
    Or none of the above ?
  • Options
    @UmbertoDelRio and @onmix ...

Onmix's description of the interaction makes sense, to a degree, given how the game works. And as I'm the muppet questioning it, I'll go with his ;-)

But having said this, I still maintain it's open to interpretation and it seems you two do too!

Shall we just ignore the text and say "working as intended"?
  • Options
    OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    Onmix said:

I don’t think it’s the same example because those kinds of abilities aren’t affected by AAR.

But let me ask you this. If glancing was -50% instead of -100% would OR still take damage all the time or just half the time ?
    Or none of the above ?

It’s the same because you said the 100% reduction in damage -the 100% AAR or glancing would yeld 0% damage reduction which is incredibly wrong
    You are equating the chance to proc something with the potency of the ability
    If glancing was 50% it means it has a 50% to fail and to work not that he would take 50% reduced damage
    Again you’re confusing potency with probability
  • Options

Onmix said:

Or none of the above ?

Then he would take thorns damage half the time on average.

Really the only thing flawed about your description is that you made it sound as if glancing directly interacted with the percentage of which omega reduces damage. That however isn't just a minor flaw when it comes to actually understanding the interaction.

100% oaar simply keep his ability from happening at all, no matter which amount of damage mitigation it would provide if it was to trigger.

You basically just subtracted the 100% aar from omega's 100% damage mitigation, while those two values actually don't interact with eachother at all. You'd need to substract the 100% aar from omega's 100% chance to trigger his ability.

My comment also wasn't supposed to be an attack towards you and I apologize if it sounded rude.

Cheers!
    Got you. And agreed.

The glancing doesn’t reduce the amount of damage, it reduces the trigger chance of the ability regardless of how much damage said ability would reduce.

Thanks and no worries either !
  • Options
    @Moosetiptronic

It actually works as Umberto says.

Even though mine could make sense he is right.

The -100% oaar of glancing reduces the chance for OR’s ability to trigger. Meaning it won’t trigger.
    However, the amount of damage his ability reduces has nothing to do with that.

Glancing reduces the CHANCE for the ability to TRIGGER, not how much damage it would reduce if it did.
  • Options
    You see @Onmix , that's what's daft. Your explanation, given the text, makes sense.

Umberto's description may be technically what happens, but then I'd expect Omega's description to say that his hits have a 100% chance to reduce the damage. But it doesn't, so his description doesn't match the text!

Hence why "working as intended" rather than as described.