**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Deadpool's Spring Cleaning Discussion

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Yay, nothing for the ftps to enjoy (heavy sarcasim)

Not a lot of stuff in life you get to enjoy at a FTP, you get way more in this game than basically anywhere else.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Man if only the people who disagreed could explain why

They spend money that is why they disagree as a ftp I agree with you on this
    I spend, but I disagree for other reasons. Although I didn't hit the Button. I always use my words. Lol.
    There's always going to be something that's sold which is not available without spending. That's just part of having a game where F2P and spenders both play. People are always going to want what's only available for cash.
    Well of course you can't displease your overlords too much now can you
    I'm speaking for myself, not anyone else. I don't get anything for expressing my opinions. As long as there's been purchases available, people who can't access them have been displeased. However, that's the point of making sales. You will get access to what you couldn't without spending. On a very basic level, that's logical.

I spend, but I disagree for other reasons. Although I didn't hit the Button. I always use my words. Lol.
    There's always going to be something that's sold which is not available without spending. That's just part of having a game where F2P and spenders both play. People are always going to want what's only available for cash.
    We already have Sigil. That's already good enough for spending. Making more spending-exclusive things is just greedy.
    It's not greedy. It's business. You're reacting as if each Employee takes home what they spend. A business continues to sell even when they have one thing or more to offer. Consequently, 10 bucks a month from a number of people isn't even a portion of what it costs to run a multimillion dollar business.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Lmao thought the exact same thing.

It's just a horrible concept. Just slap whatever you like on your cash offers, but don't tease everyone with a special event store that can only be utilized via those cash offers.

If you like to make a specially themed event out of something like this then at least give everyone a chance to participate. I don't even want or need a nexus crystal or an ag, but being completely alienated just for not being willing or even able to buy stuff right now? Awful move.
    I don't see why cash offers can't have exclusive metagame wrappers. I mean, Kabam sells stuff all the time, and you seem to be saying that if Kabam straight up sold whatever this event store contained that would be okay, but if they add this intermediate step into the purchase then nope, if they get a metagame store then everyone has to get it also.

The sentiment seems to be that you can't stop Kabam from selling things, but you don't want to be reminded about it. You want it to be this thing that happens outside of the game completely so you can try to pretend it doesn't happen. It is a sentiment I don't really relate to. Games like this require the different groups of players to not just tolerate each other but recognize none of them should be embarrassed that they exist. Saying that Kabam shouldn't do things like this is in effect saying that paying customers should be relegated to as invisible a state as possible.

Spending players get stuff for their cash. Honestly, the game can and does in general try to give them as little as possible deliberately, which is why people complain about the value of those cash deals in general. But they still get stuff. Sometimes the stuff they get will be exclusive to spending players: that's simply part of the deal, and that exclusive stuff can be small metagames and not just stuff. In fact, small metagames are a form of value that spending customers get that doesn't put free to play players at any in-game disadvantage, so that's actually desirable.

And what do non-spending player get out of this deal? Something I think people keep forgetting is an enormously good deal. They get to play this game for free.
    its cause they called it an event
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

I'm speaking for myself, not anyone else. I don't get anything for expressing my opinions. As long as there's been purchases available, people who can't access them have been displeased. However, that's the point of making sales. You will get access to what you couldn't without spending. On a very basic level, that's logical.

We already have Sigil. That's already good enough for spending. Making more spending-exclusive things is just greedy.
    It's not greedy. It's business. You're reacting as if each Employee takes home what they spend. A business continues to sell even when they have one thing or more to offer. Consequently, 10 bucks a month from a number of people isn't even a portion of what it costs to run a multimillion dollar business.
    I don't really care that this is a money grab because I understand they need money but at least have the balls to admit it is a money grab and there is a fine line between giving benefits for money and just straight up being pay to win. Now I don't think this game has crossed that line yet but it is inching towards it.
    People have been claiming that for years. At least as long as I've been around. It's just a sale. If it was a money grab, playing the game would mandate that you spend. That's not the case. People who play for free play alongside those that spend. You can even be competitive alongside them. What you can't expect is the same access to whatever is sold because people ARE paying for something.
    It is a money grab they lost one pay membership store for a week (which was nice of them) but then completely undercut their own generosity by simply throwing in another one.
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★

I don't really care that this is a money grab because I understand they need money but at least have the balls to admit it is a money grab and there is a fine line between giving benefits for money and just straight up being pay to win. Now I don't think this game has crossed that line yet but it is inching towards it.
    People have been claiming that for years. At least as long as I've been around. It's just a sale. If it was a money grab, playing the game would mandate that you spend. That's not the case. People who play for free play alongside those that spend. You can even be competitive alongside them. What you can't expect is the same access to whatever is sold because people ARE paying for something.
    It is a money grab they lost one pay membership store for a week (which was nice of them) but then completely undercut their own generosity by simply throwing in another one.
    Exactly, you Nailed it with that comment

Isn't every offer in this game then by your definition a "money grab"?
    Not necessarily no but they basically just created a special event you got to completely pay for I wouldn't mind if the people who pay got more exclusive stuff but at least give the ftps a little access to it that's all I ask.

Not necessarily no but they basically just created a special event you got to completely pay for I wouldn't mind if the people who pay got more exclusive stuff but at least give the ftps a little access to it that's all I ask.
    Oh it's a quest? I guess i misunderstood, i thought you just got tokens in the unit store and can buy stuff, like glory.
    edited April 2020

Oh it's a quest? I guess i misunderstood, i thought you just got tokens in the unit store and can buy stuff, like glory.
    You don't got to pay to get glory do you? And what is so wrong with giving the ftps something anyway?

You don't got to pay to get glory do you? And what is so wrong with giving the ftps something anyway?
    Nothing is wrong either way, nothing is wrong here, nothing is wrong with free sigil
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★

IOSJasoN said:

It’s for one day only..
    Like the Christmas deals they put out..
    You buy a unit pack and get something free with it but they are giving the players that spend the option of choosing their extra..
    It’s not what you would call an actual event..

If you read the message it's literally what kabam calls an event.

It's literally called the special spring cleaning sales event.

I want to clarify that I do not mind cash offers per se, not even in times like these. I'm neither bothered by great cash offers nor by awful cash offers. I normally simply don't care about them.

The only thing that makes me mad here is how this is introduced. We literally have a deadpool event right now and when one starts to read this message the immediate reaction of "Oh nice! Another surprise event!" is not only not far fetched, I'd even argue it's somewhat natural.

This immediate excitement however was met by the reality of this event, which for me personally turned this into a massive disappointment.

If it would have been phrased differently, themed differently, I wouldn't have cared.
    I wrote it like that as I didn’t want to go into a big long winded explanation..
    When I said this isn’t what you would call an actual event I meant as in,
    Quest event
    Story event
    Side event
    There isn’t an event in game that you need to complete or do in order to get the stuff..
    The key words here are “Sales Event” Businesses use these words all the time in regards to a type of sale that doesn’t happen all the time (hence the use of the word “event”) When I read the in game mail I didn’t get excited as it clearly said the words “Sales event” my first thought was “oh god what are they trying to sell now and how much do they want for it” but upon reading the message I thought that’s a great idea.. Wish they had stuff like that back when I was spending..
    Surely you have seen advertisements just like this.. THE BIG SALES EVENT IS NOW ON COME ON DOWN!!! You wouldn’t go there expecting them to just hand you free stuff for nothing.. You expect to have to make some form of purchase.. So it’s up to you if you go or not.. That’s the same with this offer.. It’s not what you would call an actual event it’s a sales event..
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

It's just a horrible concept. Just slap whatever you like on your cash offers, but don't tease everyone with a special event store that can only be utilized via those cash offers.

If you like to make a specially themed event out of something like this then at least give everyone a chance to participate. I don't even want or need a nexus crystal or an ag, but being completely alienated just for not being willing or even able to buy stuff right now? Awful move.
    I don't see why cash offers can't have exclusive metagame wrappers. I mean, Kabam sells stuff all the time, and you seem to be saying that if Kabam straight up sold whatever this event store contained that would be okay, but if they add this intermediate step into the purchase then nope, if they get a metagame store then everyone has to get it also.

The sentiment seems to be that you can't stop Kabam from selling things, but you don't want to be reminded about it. You want it to be this thing that happens outside of the game completely so you can try to pretend it doesn't happen. It is a sentiment I don't really relate to. Games like this require the different groups of players to not just tolerate each other but recognize none of them should be embarrassed that they exist. Saying that Kabam shouldn't do things like this is in effect saying that paying customers should be relegated to as invisible a state as possible.

Spending players get stuff for their cash. Honestly, the game can and does in general try to give them as little as possible deliberately, which is why people complain about the value of those cash deals in general. But they still get stuff. Sometimes the stuff they get will be exclusive to spending players: that's simply part of the deal, and that exclusive stuff can be small metagames and not just stuff. In fact, small metagames are a form of value that spending customers get that doesn't put free to play players at any in-game disadvantage, so that's actually desirable.

And what do non-spending player get out of this deal? Something I think people keep forgetting is an enormously good deal. They get to play this game for free.
    But only in English, so I guess players in non-English speaking regions should be fine with it.
    lol what does this even mean. In non-English speaking regions the entire thing would be translated in that regions specific language.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★

IOSJasoN said:

IOSJasoN said:

It’s for one day only..
    Like the Christmas deals they put out..
    You buy a unit pack and get something free with it but they are giving the players that spend the option of choosing their extra..
    It’s not what you would call an actual event..

If you read the message it's literally what kabam calls an event.

It's literally called the special spring cleaning sales event.

I want to clarify that I do not mind cash offers per se, not even in times like these. I'm neither bothered by great cash offers nor by awful cash offers. I normally simply don't care about them.

The only thing that makes me mad here is how this is introduced. We literally have a deadpool event right now and when one starts to read this message the immediate reaction of "Oh nice! Another surprise event!" is not only not far fetched, I'd even argue it's somewhat natural.

This immediate excitement however was met by the reality of this event, which for me personally turned this into a massive disappointment.

If it would have been phrased differently, themed differently, I wouldn't have cared.
    I wrote it like that as I didn’t want to go into a big long winded explanation..
    When I said this isn’t what you would call an actual event I meant as in,
    Quest event
    Story event
    Side event
    There isn’t an event in game that you need to complete or do in order to get the stuff..
    The key words here are “Sales Event” Businesses use these words all the time in regards to a type of sale that doesn’t happen all the time (hence the use of the word “event”) When I read the in game mail I didn’t get excited as it clearly said the words “Sales event” my first thought was “oh god what are they trying to sell now and how much do they want for it” but upon reading the message I thought that’s a great idea.. Wish they had stuff like that back when I was spending..
    Surely you have seen advertisements just like this.. THE BIG SALES EVENT IS NOW ON COME ON DOWN!!! You wouldn’t go there expecting them to just hand you free stuff for nothing.. You expect to have to make some form of purchase.. So it’s up to you if you go or not.. That’s the same with this offer.. It’s not what you would call an actual event it’s a sales event..
    I don't know if you live in a place where stores frequently hold special events that don't have anything to do with money, but otherwise I don't really get your point.
    Lmao.. I can see logic is clearly lost on you mate.. I have neither the time nor the patience to go round in circles.. Yoi can keep referencing it as a “Special event” like it’s something wonderful or magical to complete in game of you want.. But in actuality it’s nothing more then a “Sales event” or in a more simple term “a special offer”
    Peace be with you mate.. Enjoy the game don’t take any of it seriously as in real life it means nothing..
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

But only in English, so I guess players in non-English speaking regions should be fine with it.
    lol what does this even mean. In non-English speaking regions the entire thing would be translated in that regions specific language.
    It means your objection rests solely on the word they used to describe the event, which seems to me to be a completely meaningless objection.
    no it doesn't. The fact that this is a cheap way for them to make money is sick. The fact that I have to pay money now to unlock an event is crazy. This is just the start. Soon more type of deals like this are gonna pop up and more exclusive events will happen.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

You misunderstood my issue here. I probably worded it poorly and tried to explain it better in follow up comments, but in shot my problem is that this is themed as an event.
    I understood that. And what I'm saying more or less is that this sentiment seems to be that paying customers can have exclusive stuff, but not exclusive content. And I'm using the word "content" here in its most expansive sense, that they literally cannot have their stuff painted up to look like a fun thing. It has to be just a dry transaction. They can pay to have a marble, but they can't pay to have a marble bounce around a pinball machine.

To me this seems a distant cousin of another objection I can't relate to, the notion that the Sigil offers QoL things. Some people say that it is okay if the Sigil offers stuff, but QoL should be for everyone. But to me that seems backward. QoL concentrates most of its value as convenience, not capability. So when the Sigil offers QoL to players for cash, the performance gap that creates between spenders and non-spenders is lower than it would be if it offered more stuff instead. And that would seem to be actually desirable.

Paying customers have to get something, something they want and can't just trivially get without spending - or there's no point to spending. Usually that thing is an in-game advantage of some kind. But it doesn't have to be. Sometimes it is just something fun. And when that happens the perspective seems to me to be completely backwards: give them stuff if you have to, but don't give them meaningless fun, because no one should be excluded from meaningless fun.

Basically, you're asking Kabam to give paying customers more in-game advantage, because fun window dressing is off-limits. Value is fungible. Kabam has to give some amount of value to get some amount of players to spend money. It is an almost impossible thing to compute quantitatively. but it is there. Take away the option to make "events" for spending customers, and that value has to be replaced with something else. That something else will likely be more performance. And maybe that's something some people even want: they are willing to accept a bigger gap in performance between spenders if it means they have the satisfaction of knowing those spenders don't get to have anything, however small, be exclusive. But that's not the value proposition I think is best for the game.
    That's still not at all what I'm saying but okay lol.

Let's turn it around: how many exclusively cash based special events have been in this game?
    What does it matter? If the number is zero, is your objection that if it has never happened before it shouldn't happen now?

I honestly do not know how you can claim this is not what you're saying. You literally stated that you'd have been fine if this particular situation wasn't described as, or presented as, an "event." These were your actual words:

So just exactly what part of this am I misrepresenting? You want Kabam to not describe this as an event, and not present this as an event. But that's taking value away, as a priori you place value on this. So what are you going to replace that value with?
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

It means your objection rests solely on the word they used to describe the event, which seems to me to be a completely meaningless objection.
    The word is misleading and it only takes one word to be such
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    I sure hope he’s talking about 6* nexus and 6* AG’s cause for end game players other things just aren’t worth it