**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which Tech champion to rank up?

HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★

A few things to take into account:

1. I have enough resources to rank 5 and awaken any tech champion and about 50 tech signatures stones and 50 generic ones.

2. I have yet to explore variants 1, 2 or 3 and have only done as far as 6.1 completion in the story. Act 5 is explored.

3. Ultron and 6* Nebula aren't the best double immune Champs so I would prefer to take up either Sentinel or Darkhawk to fill that role.

4. I know a lot of you will tell me to wait and see what the story is with Hulkbuster but honestly I'd rather get cracking with the content right now and would rather not wait that long. Also I have a 2016 rank 3->4 gem so I could still rank 4 him at any time.

5. I have a maxed 5* Blade and a 5* 4/55 unduped Ghost rider. I like Stark spidey but I don't think he offers that much to my roster since I already have great damage dealers in a 5/65 Corvus, a 5/65 Hyperion and also a 4/55 Sunspot.

6. I don't however have any high ranked power controlling champs.

Comments

• HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★
    I also forgot to mention that I don't currently have suicides but I do have enough units to unlock max suicides if need be.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    @Hzori

If you're comfortable with Stark Spidey's play style, he will likely be the most versatile for you. Plus his damage gets a big boost from a high sig level, so you'll have a good start.

If you insist on a double immune champ, my vote goes to Sentinel (though I'm not familiar with Darkhawk). Feel free to wake up Sentinel if the awakening gem is burning a hole in your pocket, but save the sig stones. He gets the extra analysis charges even at sig level 1. The part of his sig ability that scales almost never comes into play.

In either case, I think you should focus on Variant 3 once you make your decision. Stark Spidey and Sentinel are both great options for clearing out pretty much every map there thanks to a global tech boost (and a bonus boost that makes Sentinel CRAZY good for that content). Finishing this will give you more rank up resources to help you tackle other content.

Good luck!
  • Devsagar2608Devsagar2608 Posts: 144
    go for stark spidey

@Hzori

If you're comfortable with Stark Spidey's play style, he will likely be the most versatile for you. Plus his damage gets a big boost from a high sig level, so you'll have a good start.

If you insist on a double immune champ, my vote goes to Sentinel (though I'm not familiar with Darkhawk). Feel free to wake up Sentinel if the awakening gem is burning a hole in your pocket, but save the sig stones. He gets the extra analysis charges even at sig level 1. The part of his sig ability that scales almost never comes into play.

In either case, I think you should focus on Variant 3 once you make your decision. Stark Spidey and Sentinel are both great options for clearing out pretty much every map there thanks to a global tech boost (and a bonus boost that makes Sentinel CRAZY good for that content). Finishing this will give you more rank up resources to help you tackle other content.

Good luck!

Very insightful reply thank you!
    I didn't realise Sentinel's awakened ability doesn't necessarily require any sig stones, that's good to know.
    I have done variant 3 completion a while ago but I didn't have many strong tech Champs at the time. I am planning to explore it very soon hence why I'm looking for advice.

Who in your opinion do you believe is better for Variant 3 exploration, Sentinel or Stark Spidey?

Also is it a good idea save my tech gem for a champion like Ghost and instead focus on somebody who doesn't require awakening?

go for stark spidey

Ok, any reason why?
  • StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    Sentinel would serve you well with his immunities and very broad utility, especially in V3. But since you have the means to both awaken and sig up, Darkhawk too is a viable option. I would personally choose between those two.

I view Sentinel as the goal oriented rational choice as he probably packs more utility, especially for your upcoming V3 mission, but I don't think goal oriented rationality is the solely important reason for rank up. Depending on how you value Sentinel and Darkhawk in terms of enjoyment and comfortability, that too are important aspects to consider. Either way, both Sentinel and Darkhawk are great options so you won't make any huge mistakes.

Questions to consider could be whomever you spontaneously like more, whomever you believe you will use more, whomever you will feel better about using often, whomever got the sweetest rotation and playstyle, whomever you feel more ok using a gem on, if Darkhawk is worthy of a lot of stones or if you want to save them for Ghost for example and if you can complete your upcoming missions without any one of them.

Sentinel only kinda needs the gem, Darkhawk kinda needs both the gem and high sig. If you feel that the questions above speaks in favour of Darkhawk, then perhaps he is worthy of a greater investment. If not, Sentinel probably is the more rational and convenient option.
    Stellan said:

Sentinel would serve you well with his immunities and very broad utility, especially in V3. But since you have the means to both awaken and sig up, Darkhawk too is a viable option. I would personally choose between those two.

I view Sentinel as the goal oriented rational choice as he probably packs more utility, especially for your upcoming V3 mission, but I don't think goal oriented rationality is the solely important reason for rank up. Depending on how you value Sentinel and Darkhawk in terms of enjoyment and comfortability, that too are important aspects to consider. Either way, both Sentinel and Darkhawk are great options so you won't make any huge mistakes.

Questions to consider could be whomever you spontaneously like more, whomever you believe you will use more, whomever you will feel better about using often, whomever got the sweetest rotation and playstyle, whomever you feel more ok using a gem on, if Darkhawk is worthy of a lot of stones or if you want to save them for Ghost for example and if you can complete your upcoming missions without any one of them.

Sentinel only kinda needs the gem, Darkhawk kinda needs both the gem and high sig. If you feel that the questions above speaks in favour of Darkhawk, then perhaps he is worthy of a greater investment. If not, Sentinel probably is the more rational and convenient option.

Very very helpful mate thank you so much!

I actually only pulled the 5* Darkhawk today so I have yet to play him. I haven't really played much Sentinel either so I really need to be testing them out soon.

I think I'm leaning towards Sentinel because of the fewer requirements and also because of his use in Variant 3.
    However I much prefer Darkhawk's animations and overall design, he looks really cool. But I know I would regret using my resources on him if I somehow pulled a Ghost soon (although unlikely).

Tough decision anyways but thanks again for the insight!
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Hzori said:

@Hzori

Good luck!

I didn't realise Sentinel's awakened ability doesn't necessarily require any sig stones, that's good to know.
    I have done variant 3 completion a while ago but I didn't have many strong tech Champs at the time. I am planning to explore it very soon hence why I'm looking for advice.

Who in your opinion do you believe is better for Variant 3 exploration, Sentinel or Stark Spidey?

Also is it a good idea save my tech gem for a champion like Ghost and instead focus on somebody who doesn't require awakening?
    Me personally? I prefer Sentinel to Stark Spidey, but Stark Spidey is a solid champ with a lot of applications and a lot of fans.

For Variant 3, Sentinel gets a big boost from being able to gain double analysis charges thanks to the global boost. The content seems geared toward Sentinel specifically. He won't be able to take all fights, but he can walk right through a heck of a lot of them.

The global node extends debuffs for Tech champs by 10%(?) for each tech champ on the team. This turned into a really good strategy for Stark Spidey where you load up your team with tech champs and then throw an L1. This would stun them, the stun would be extended long enough for your to get another L1. You stun lock them to death. Please note that I have no idea if this was adjusted, but it worked this way when Variant 3 was released.

So again, there's no "best option" here. They have pretty different playstyles. Stark Spidey has low health and focuses on evasion. He leans on critical hits to deal the bulk of his damage. Sentinel is a tank with a lot of health and deals solid base damage that doesn't need crits to bring the pain. Both rely on debuffs on their L2 to maximize their damage. Stark Spidey can auto-evade specials and can power drain, which is always helpful. Sentinel can Shock, Heal Block, Incinerate, Armor Break, and sometimes heal.

No bad option here. Really up to you.

Hzori said:

@Hzori

Good luck!

Me personally? I prefer Sentinel to Stark Spidey, but Stark Spidey is a solid champ with a lot of applications and a lot of fans.

For Variant 3, Sentinel gets a big boost from being able to gain double analysis charges thanks to the global boost. The content seems geared toward Sentinel specifically. He won't be able to take all fights, but he can walk right through a heck of a lot of them.

The global node extends debuffs for Tech champs by 10%(?) for each tech champ on the team. This turned into a really good strategy for Stark Spidey where you load up your team with tech champs and then throw an L1. This would stun them, the stun would be extended long enough for your to get another L1. You stun lock them to death. Please note that I have no idea if this was adjusted, but it worked this way when Variant 3 was released.

So again, there's no "best option" here. They have pretty different playstyles. Stark Spidey has low health and focuses on evasion. He leans on critical hits to deal the bulk of his damage. Sentinel is a tank with a lot of health and deals solid base damage that doesn't need crits to bring the pain. Both rely on debuffs on their L2 to maximize their damage. Stark Spidey can auto-evade specials and can power drain, which is always helpful. Sentinel can Shock, Heal Block, Incinerate, Armor Break, and sometimes heal.

No bad option here. Really up to you.
    Thanks again for your input!
    I've had a 4* Stark spider ever since his release so I'm well versed on his playstyle. I like him a lot but am honestly a bit sick of playing him, Sentinel however is a fresh and new champ for me with arguably much more utility than Stark Spidey nowadays.

I think I've decided on Sentinel, he seems to be the best option for me and will hopefully assist me through most of Variant 3 and maybe even 2.

Thanks for your help once again, it is very much appreciated!
  • DarkHawk has Physical Penetration from Heavy Attacks. Auto-Block has been a lifesaver if you accidentally take Damage from a miscue. Even when vulnerable, DarkHawk has decent Health with amazing Armor Rating potential so he can take a few Combos without worry. Furthermore the small Health Regeneration Bonus from switching between Modes puts him as my favorite top-tier Tech-Class Champion. Fury plus Shock Damage, Heal Block and Block Penetration? DarkHawk is nearly as Defensive as he is Offensive. Lastly, he also has the ability to reduce Power Gain by 70% which is invaluable considering that more Attacks usually equals more Power Gain by the opponent.

Maybe I am being biased though since I have a decently high Signature Ability DarkHawk and I really want Sentinel too.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,355 ★★★★
    Sentinel is likely to be the most useful champion for you, content-wise. Not only is he a massive contributor in Variant 3, he's also a great option in Variant 2 as an XL champ.

In addition to that, Sentinel is also a key counter to 6.1's Crossbones which is a particularly difficult fight so that's something else to think about.