**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I finally do the maths on armour break.

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
I have decided that it’s no longer worth waiting to see just how potent armour break/armour up effects are by comparing with other champions to gain a rough idea, I’m doing the maths.

For these calculations I used my 4* r3 groot as he had some very easy numbers to work with.

Above are the numbers. From these we can see that 284 armour rating=12.4% damage reduction.

We can then do the maths and round up to 286 for a 12.5% (1/8th) of a damage reduction (284= 12.4x22.9 so 286= 12.5x22.9)

Multiply this figure by 8 and we get 2288 or a 100% damage reduction.

So an armour break reducing armour rating by 2444 (r5/50 4* Medusa) increases damage by 114%

Or an armour break reducing armour by 2100 (5/65 5* sorcerer supreme) increases damage taken by 87.9%

To work out the potency of armour break take 2288, now is the armour break (AB) higher or lower than 2288.

If higher: AB-2288=? 2288/?= % over
100+%over= potency of armour break %

If lower: 2288-AB=? 2288/?=% under
100-%under= potency of armour break %

Same calculations apply to armour ups

Comments

• Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    I don't understand this
    But there's no longer anything like negative armour if I recall since the 12.0 changes if that's what you're trying to explain
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    There is negative armor (look at cull) but diminishing returns makes this whole post useless
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    Jh_Dez said:

I don't understand this
    But there's no longer anything like negative armour if I recall since the 12.0 changes if that's what you're trying to explain

The maths is slightly complicated, this was mainly for the sanity of us number addicts then anybody else
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    TP33 said:

Jh_Dez said:

I don't understand this

The maths is slightly complicated, this was mainly for the sanity of us number addicts then anybody else
    I hate the fact that they changed the numbers from % to those ridiculous numbers
    Like I look at blades base crit being 628
    WTF does that even mean?
    Apparently it makes it be 23%
    But his sp2 grants him 2100 additional crit rate
    Which means what?!?!?
    The numbers in the OP were relaxing
    Okaythen said:

TP33 said:

Jh_Dez said:

I don't understand this

I hate the fact that they changed the numbers from % to those ridiculous numbers
    Like I look at blades base crit being 628
    WTF does that even mean?
    Apparently it makes it be 23%
    But his sp2 grants him 2100 additional crit rate
    Which means what?!?!?
    The numbers in the OP were relaxing
    I’m hoping on doing crit rating and that tomorrow

Two word: diminishing returns.
    Four Words: your calculations are wrong

Explain?
    Why does the game have to be so hard to calculate, WHY?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    If you’re on discord the collector bot translates flat values into percent
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    TP33 said:

I have decided that it’s no longer worth waiting to see just how potent armour break/armour up effects are by comparing with other champions to gain a rough idea, I’m doing the maths.

For these calculations I used my 4* r3 groot as he had some very easy numbers to work with.

Above are the numbers. From these we can see that 284 armour rating=12.4% damage reduction.

We can then do the maths and round up to 286 for a 12.5% (1/8th) of a damage reduction (284= 12.4x22.9 so 286= 12.5x22.9)

Multiply this figure by 8 and we get 2288 or a 100% damage reduction.

So an armour break reducing armour rating by 2444 (r5/50 4* Medusa) increases damage by 114%

Or an armour break reducing armour by 2100 (5/65 5* sorcerer supreme) increases damage taken by 87.9%

To work out the potency of armour break take 2288, now is the armour break (AB) higher or lower than 2288.

If higher: AB-2288=? 2288/?= % over
    100+%over= potency of armour break %

If lower: 2288-AB=? 2288/?=% under
    100-%under= potency of armour break %

Same calculations apply to armour ups

Diminishing returns makes this post invalid
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

Why does the game have to be so hard to calculate, WHY?

I think they did this during 12.0 update. Please correct me if I'm wrong