**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Phoenix difficulty chaining a special at the end of a 5 hit combo

FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
It appears as if Phoenix cannot attempt a special attack at the end of a 5-hit combo without the opponent immediately blocking the special attack.

It doesn’t happen every time, however it appears the window to activate a special at the end of a 5 hit combo has changed (less time) for Phoenix specifically and results in consistent blocking specials by the opponent.

Comments

• Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Probably because Phoenix has a 6-hit combo and if you try to use the special attack directly after the 5th hit it's usually blocked. Try timing it after the 6th hit. (This is with a MLLLM combo)
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    It works if you decrease the time after ending the combo by trying to activate as quickly as possible. I believe it occurs both MLLLL and MLLLM, but I’ll try again for my benefit. Thx
    It it inconsistent regardless what combo I use. Can someone try it a few times and see if they can consistently be successful?
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Standard MLLLM combo which is 6 hits (2 hits on last medium), tested now and works everytime using the specials after the 6th hit.
    I’ll post a video
  • Captain_CaymanCaptain_Cayman Posts: 62
    As has been said, the final medium attack of Phoenix's combo is a double-hit animation, so she does a 6 hit combo from 5 actions. You need to wait for the second hit of the final part of the combo, then trigger the special.