**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should I open my 6 star crystal? Or wait for more?

I’m about to 100% Act 5 with the last fight being the Collector. Once I beat him, I’ll have 100% on Act 5 and have my first 6 star crystal ready to open! But should I open it? I’m extremely scared that I might get something like an Abomination or King Groot. If I did, I’d have to wait an eternity for me to get another 6 star at which point there will be better 6 stars in the crystal! So what should I do? Open the crystal? Or wait for better heroes to get into the basic pull?

Comments

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,683 ★★★★★
    Man, that's a super risk averse way of approaching it. Get your 6 star, hopefully it's good, rank them up, enjoy your gameplay and progress through UC EQ and by Jun you'll be well on your way to another 6*.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Counter point. I have played since week one of the game and when they started giving out 6* shards I waited till I had enough for 2 basic crystals and they added the first feature crystal to the basic pool before I opened. Pulled Gladiator Hulk, my first choice, my first dupe and first r2 6* and Sentry. One win. One loss. If you don’t need an expected to be mediocre equivalent to a 5* unawakened r4 champ then wait and give yourself twice the odds of being happy.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure that they are also adding kamala and magneto marvel now along with doom...
  • Naim54321Naim54321 Posts: 124
    Imma wait for the featured pool to go into the basic, I know it’s a slim chance, but it’s still a chance, right? If I open it now I could have supposedly missed a chance for Dr Doom or like Longshot.
    Also I’m not only hunting for the new guys who are going to come into the pool, I’m also hoping people like Ghost and Namor. Even if it’s someone like Dr Octopus I’ll be happy

• TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    Open it whatever champ you pull is a immediate 455 champ for you... can't beat that! Good Luck
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    If you're not doing arenas then you can afford to wait, even though the chance of you pulling someone like Doom is near impossible. But a chance is still a chance.

I'm doing arenas and a 6* can dish out 66k points per cycle and to me that's valuable.

If you're not doing arenas then you can afford to wait, even though the chance of you pulling someone like Doom is near impossible. But a chance is still a chance.

I'm doing arenas and a 6* can dish out 66k points per cycle and to me that's valuable.

I’m not doing the arena, you guys keep acting like I only want Dr Doom. I don’t, I just want someone who will be good for Uncollected Event Quest content and Act 6 to try and get Cavalier
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    Naim54321 said:

I’m not doing the arena, you guys keep acting like I only want Dr Doom. I don’t, I just want someone who will be good for Uncollected Event Quest content and Act 6 to try and get Cavalier
    No one said all you wanted was Doom but you did mention that you wanted someone like Doom or Squirrel Girl, and the idea still stands that the chance of you getting them are slim.
    Naim54321 said:

if you want a decent shot at a good champ, just open it now. The more the pool expands, the less chance at a good champ that you want
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,683 ★★★★★
    Naim54321 said:

Then go ahead and open your crystal!
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    If you hold your shards for a certain champ or pool of champs then you’re putting all eggs into one very very very small miniscule basket. If you pull 6* now, based on your stated progression, most likely you get someone who can help you get more 6* shards more quickly. This based on almost all 6*, even meme tier, can help you clear Uncollected EQ. So pulling now gets you closer to your *next* 6* pull, which is prob smarter way to approach trying to pull champs you want. You want to give yourself more lottery tickets, as quickly as possible. Not just save the one you have and do a hope and prayer dance.

Then again, I’ve seen the hope and prayer dance work for some of my ally mates, so you never know. But sooner you get your next 6*, the sooner your current 6* won’t be the be all end all. And who knows, you could hit jackpot, get a god tier that gets you Doom on the next one when he’s actually in the pool.

If dead set on small pool of champs you can save the shards for featured. But again, two lottery tickets better than one if you’re just hoping to pull a good helpful champ.
    Naim54321 said:

Ok, I’m really ashamed to say this but, I can’t go into Uncollected Event Quests, because my title was removed, because I cheated. :'( This was a very long time ago but I can’t go into the Uncollected EQ, so erm, base your answers on me not going into Uncollected EQ

I'm pretty sure eventually they will let u back. right? no? idk
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

Naim54321 said:

Ok, I’m really ashamed to say this but, I can’t go into Uncollected Event Quests, because my title was removed, because I cheated. :'( This was a very long time ago but I can’t go into the Uncollected EQ, so erm, base your answers on me not going into Uncollected EQ

No they dont.
  • Naim54321 said:

I think you have to complete the next chapter legitimately before you get it back
    edited April 2020

Naim54321 said:

I think you have to complete the next chapter legitimately before you get it back
    This was a thing a very long time ago. I had completed the next chapter in Act 5 and then they told me I had to wait a while so they could verify that I did it legitimately. But then their terms and conditions changed and now I can never ever get it back, so yeah. I think that’s way too harsh but it’s me who cheated so I guess my word doesn’t really matter to Kabam.

• Naim54321 said:

Naim54321 said:

This was a thing a very long time ago. I had completed the next chapter in Act 5 and then they told me I had to wait a while so they could verify that I did it legitimately. But then their terms and conditions changed and now I can never ever get it back, so yeah. I think that’s way too harsh but it’s me who cheated so I guess my word doesn’t really matter.

Oh ok, I didn't realized that changed.

Naim54321 said:

How did you cheat? Don't want to know how you did it but what you did.
    I made it so that the enemy couldn’t attack me. Went through Act 5.2.3, 5.2.4, 5.2.5 and 5.2.6. I’d do anything to get my Uncollected back including re-doing these quests legitimately, but Kabam don’t seem to care about my tickets. But anyway, should I save my 6 star crystal or just open it?