**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Winter Soldier worth rank 4/55 with the Killmonger synergy?

HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★

Winter Soldier looks very interesting with that 5% increased attack per combo hit, my question is whether or not he is viable for content like Act 6? I have 6.1 completed and have yet to start 6.2

As you can see, I own a 6* Killmonger, 5* Sabretooth and also a 5* Human Torch, all of which have synergies that boost eachother as well as Winter soldier.

Comments

• -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    R4, absolutely. I used that combo a lot to clear content. He hits hard and the rampup is fast, power drain is quite helpdul and sp2 does a ton of damage ramped up.
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    Yes he is
  • HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★
    -sixate- said:

R4, absolutely. I used that combo a lot to clear content. He hits hard and the rampup is fast, power drain is quite helpdul and sp2 does a ton of damage ramped up.

Compared to somebody like Starlord, how fast is that ramp up? I know he has a limit.
    Thanks for the replies guys!
    I think I will rank 4 him but I will probably wait to see if I pull a 2015/16 skill rank 3->4 gem from one of the variants.
    Rampup on WS is faster than R4 SL. I had both at R4. I would choose WS with KM synergy 100% of the time. Now my SL is R5 so I would choose him, but at R4 WS ramps up faster. If fights take over 100 hits SL will catch up and his damage will surpass WS obviously.

WS with KM synergy. Just to show how many hits it takes to drop ROL WS
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Issue is with WS you’ll HAVE to bring KM, which can be a luxury for AW or AQ since slots aren’t relatively limited, whereas Starlord is well.. starlord.

Pros and cons.

But imo, yes he’s worth R4. Tbh if I have a 6* KM I might R2 a 6* WS as well. That power drain though, messes the fight rhythm up sometimes.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    I did it for that reason and it is effective. As has been noted, it isn’t Star-Lord, but he winds up hitting pretty hard
    -sixate- said:

I think that has me convinced! Only 130 hits wow, that is quite something. Thanks for helping me decide!
    xNig said:

Issue is with WS you’ll HAVE to bring KM, which can be a luxury for AW or AQ since slots aren’t relatively limited, whereas Starlord is well.. starlord.

Pros and cons.

But imo, yes he’s worth R4. Tbh if I have a 6* KM I might R2 a 6* WS as well. That power drain though, messes the fight rhythm up sometimes.

I understand that and I don't believe I would bring him into Aw since I already have a solid team for war I think. We do Map 5 so it wouldn't be a bad idea to throw in both Killmonger and Winter Soldier along with a double immune champ maybe, that seems like a decent trio.

I also don't actually have a Starlord so he's not an option at the moment and I do get what you mean by the power gain disrupting the flow of the fight, that can be annoying but I believe it would be helpful in a lot of cases.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Hzori said:

-sixate- said:

I think that has me convinced! Only 130 hits wow, that is quite something. Thanks for helping me decide!
    Don't fall in love with screenshots if you don't know the situation. That looks good but you don't know if there are synergies at play that may not be practical in other game situations or boosts/suicides
    DalBot said:

Hzori said:

-sixate- said:

Don't fall in love with screenshots if you don't know the situation. That looks good but you don't know if there are synergies at play that may not be practical in other game situations or boosts/suicides
    You're completely right, I didn't take that into account. @-sixate- It doesn't look like you're using suicides but I would just like to confirm? And did you use any synergies?
    Besides the Killmonger one of course lol.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Here's how that's possible. KM and Skill bleed synergy. No suicides.

• RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I have an awakened 6* one with a 6* Killmonger an he got me through a lot of content. Did my initial LOL run with him and used him all the way up to 6.3. And Killmonger is a brilliant champ to bring along, he’s definitely not a liability
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I have r2 6* km and mostly use ws only as synergy to open km intercept true strike. Rearly use ws or max sig r4 sl now. Last time I used sl use regen rogue in one of variants. So I'd say rank smbd else, if you have any other decent option
    DalBot said:

Here's how that's possible. KM and Skill bleed synergy. No suicides.

Great video! Exactly what I needed, that damage ramp up looks very very good.

I have an awakened 6* one with a 6* Killmonger an he got me through a lot of content. Did my initial LOL run with him and used him all the way up to 6.3. And Killmonger is a brilliant champ to bring along, he’s definitely not a liability

How effective is he in labyrinth? On average how many hits did it take per champion?
    Aleor said:

I have r2 6* km and mostly use ws only as synergy to open km intercept true strike. Rearly use ws or max sig r4 sl now. Last time I used sl use regen rogue in one of variants. So I'd say rank smbd else, if you have any other decent option

I don’t have a better skill champion at the moment that I can rank up I don’t believe. I do have a massacre but no Domino or Rhulk.
    Hzori said:

DalBot said:

Hzori said:

-sixate- said:

You're completely right, I didn't take that into account. @-sixate- It doesn't look like you're using suicides but I would just like to confirm? And did you use any synergies?
    No suicides, Just KM. No other synergies. I play him like SL, SP2 all day, and I usually switch out of his armor piercing stage. Incinerate and hollow point on sp2.

BTW, I'm using WS and KM to explore V1 chapter 1 right now. Using WS over R5 Blade OR Iceman and Domino to do most fights. I've put off exploring V1 long enough. Was waiting to build my roster to finish that one off, but turns out I'm using a couple old R4's. Lol
    -sixate- said:

Hzori said:

DalBot said:

Hzori said:

-sixate- said:

No suicides, Just KM. No other synergies. I play him like SL, SP2 all day, and I usually switch out of his armor piercing stage. Incinerate and hollow point on sp2.

BTW, I'm using WS and KM to explore V1 chapter 1 right now. Using WS over R5 Blade OR Iceman and Domino to do most fights. I've put off exploring V1 long enough. Was waiting to build my roster to finish that one off, but turns out I'm using a couple old R4's. Lol
    Thanks for confirming! And good luck with variant 1 exploration :)
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Hzori said:

How effective is he in labyrinth? On average how many hits did it take per champion?
    Oh geez, it was over a year ago. It wasn’t exactly Ghost but it was just under Star lord. Probably about 3-400 hits

• ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

Hzori said:

DalBot said:

Hzori said:

-sixate- said:

I absolutely used KM/WS in that variant
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I realized that overall, WS benefits more from sp1 than sp2. Its the same amount of hits for power spent, (sp1 4 hits vs sp2 7-8 hits), but sp1 gives a chance to deal 2 bleeds and it’s easier to regulate the opponents power bar with it, which reduces the need for parry.
  • THUNDERBILTHUNDERBIL Posts: 267
    Go for it dude. With Killmonger synergy he becomes a beast. Rampup is easy and that power drain is really helpful. The higher the signature the better he is. Launch special attack while fury is active to imcrease chances of critical hits, will help in power drain.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Yes.
  • RoofusRoofus Posts: 36
    Bucky is underrated. He's even better with KM.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Absolutely R4. T2A aren't as rare as they used to be and he will help you get more. I'm even tempted to rank 2 my duped 6*