**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sabretooth and Lines in the Sand

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
So, I was looking through some synergies for my five star Sabretooth because I was curious, and I noticed a synergy with Killmonger and BPCW that says as follows:

Inflicting a debuff reduces the opponent’s Ability Accuracy by 100% for 0.7 seconds.
Now, unless I’m mistaken, (which I very well might be) that would mean I could parry with Sabretooth without people healing from Masochism.

So my question is, is Sabretooth worth a r3 (and maybe an r4) for Masochism and above?

If you say yes, I’d like to hear your advice on how to play Sabretooth properly.

Sabretooth and Lines in the Sand 31 votes

Yes, Rank 3
12%
CtuchikThicco_ModeRocketWaffleLucifer1810 4 votes
Yes, Rank 4
83%
Vdh2008bloodyCainLvernon15SceptilemaniacHammerbro_64ScholiaTKS87BoosterStqtsBurroKDSuperFlash10StevieManWonderEtjamaGrandmaster007KingpinamosHedronElohim16Aaronc94Narwhal52xAstoundsFiiNCH 26 votes
No
3%
Ctfz35 1 vote

Comments

• MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    That synergy does counter Masochism ST is also R4 worthy IMO, R5 if you’ve got a deeper roster and would be running some of the synergy partners he’s got anyway.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Sabertooth is one of the best Masochism counters out there, you aren't mistaken. Great assesment! An R3 would do, honestly. But Sabertooth definetly deserves R4 (maybe even R5) for later content.

Play Sabertooth as you normally would in any other match-up. He doesn't require a specific playstyle to counter Masochism. I'm not sure but someone on the forums had an amazing Sabertooth guide, you can find it using the search bar (I'm not able to find it for some reason).
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

That synergy does counter Masochism ST is also R4 worthy IMO, R5 if you’ve got a deeper roster and would be running some of the synergy partners he’s got anyway.

I definitely would like to r5 him, but I think Quake will be my first r5. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Mauled said:

I definitely would like to r5 him, but I think Quake will be my first r5. Thanks for the suggestion.
    👍 my 6* hits like a truck at R1, I’ll be ranking mine up in the next couple of months, but yeah Quake first for sure
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yes, Rank 4

Sabertooth is one of the best Masochism counters out there, you aren't mistaken. Great assesment! An R3 would do, honestly. But Sabertooth definetly deserves R4 (maybe even R5) for later content.

Play Sabertooth as you normally would in any other match-up. He doesn't require a specific playstyle to counter Masochism. I'm not sure but someone on the forums had an amazing Sabertooth guide, you can find it using the search bar (I'm not able to find it for some reason).

That would be my man @Aryl. May his forum account rest in peace. Here it is:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/153245/a-sabretooth-breakdown#latest
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Yes, Rank 3
    He definitely is a great counter, but I wouldn't rank him up too much just for masochism, especially if you have better champs
  • RoofusRoofus Posts: 36
    Yes, Rank 4
    Hamin/Aryl also made a list of what the synergy counters.

All in all, it is a very, very useful synergy... especially in AW if you run the Unholy Trinity.

Those 3 can basically take any lane, any node or any boss.
  • KingpinamosKingpinamos Posts: 87
    Yes, Rank 4
    My 5* sabertooth carried me to uncollected...
    It works just like u mentioned with the killmonger synergy so u can bypass thos nodes and also make sure that the parries u apply to the collector and he wont shrug it off...
    Mine is 4/55 and i love him! True beast
    Yes, Rank 4

Etjama said:

That would be my man @Aryl. May his forum account rest in peace. Here it is:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/153245/a-sabretooth-breakdown#latest
    Why was he banned?
    No one knows. But he's still with us. In spirit. (And on an alt account that shall go unnamed).
    Yes, Rank 4

Roofus said:
    This guy is banned too? But why?
    Lol, it's the same dude. Different accounts.
  • RoofusRoofus Posts: 36
    Yes, Rank 4
    No one really knows how many accounts he's inhabited.
    Roofus said:

No one really knows how many accounts he's inhabited.

It will forever be a mystery.
  • Elohim16Elohim16 Posts: 65
    Yes, Rank 4
    I play him without synergies. He's awesome. Too bad he loses his furies after 4 to 6 fights. He'd easily be a top ten champ without that handicap.
    Elohim16 said:

I play him without synergies. He's awesome. Too bad he loses his furies after 4 to 6 fights. He'd easily be a top ten champ without that handicap.

I’ve done a few ventures into Lines in the Sand, and he’s been fun so far. Defiantly need to take him to r3 at least to be viable.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Elohim16 said:

If he didn't have his persistent charge limitation, he'd definitely surpass Aegon for the best option for LOL and Abyss. His raw damage would be without equal and he'd have solid utility with the KM synergy and super high DOT with the Omega synergy.

I've had him as a Rank 5 for a long time. I use him all the time. No regrets. I have a video somewhere where he took LOL Elektra down in around 3.5 minutes. He's insane when ramped up.
  • BurroBurro Posts: 82
    Yes, Rank 4
    That synergy doesn’t only apply to Masochism. If you time it right it can apply to any annoying ability in the game that isn’t immune to AAR. ST was my first r5 and was my main attacker for 100% LoL. Once built up he hits hard. Pair him with Omega and he has a chance to inflict bleed on his basic attacks (think it’s a 30% chance and bleed deals 40% of the damage of the basic but may be 40/30). More debuffs = more chances for AAR to trigger.