**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MCOC Cypher

2»

Comments

• KnordyKnordy Posts: 186 ★★
    edited April 2020
    Looks like they are runic symbols.

Edit: oh wait, you already said that... :#
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Also, here is another area (underground fight scene) with writing along the edge of the fight-way. Hard to see the whole sequence unless you Video the whole length, and needs separation between the fighters so camera position pulls back enough to see the writing. But the low angle also makes it hard to read.

Has anyone (or can anyone) try to determine what it all says ?

(just a screencap, showing what to look for)...

I’m pretty sure that’s Norse @SummonerNR and @Knordy

• Knordy said:

I wasn’t necessarily implying “Runic” per se, just in the generic sense (assuming the same) Elder's Alphabet.
    But if it indeed is a different char set, maybe above Norse Runic would fit for that particular pathway scene.

Still don’t understand why the letters under Thor's Hammer and Cap's Shield (earlier page up here) didn’t seem to fully match the Elder's char set, and those that did didn’t actually spell out anything coherent. Even though the center steps in same fight location do spell out real words.

Knordy said:

I wasn’t necessarily implying “Runic” per se, just in the generic sense (assuming the same) Elder's Alphabet.
    But if it indeed is a different char set, maybe above Norse Runic would fit for that particular pathway scene.

Still don’t understand why the letters under Thor's Hammer and Cap's Shield (earlier page up here) didn’t seem to fully match the Elder's char set, and those that did didn’t actually spell out anything coherent. Even though the center steps in same fight location do spell out real words.
    It makes sense for it to be Norse Runic because it’s in Asgard with Surtur and everything.
    edited April 2020
    I've found a few more Glyphs.

In the Contest of Comments video there is an advertisement Crazy Collector's Units 4 ISO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pk9XpFGAFk

This shows a numeric value (4 dots for the number 4).
    It gives a clue about punctuation marks.
    Or it is a typo, or they use a different glyph for a double L. It looks like two T's joined together.

But in the Area Knowhere the advertisment has different glyphs

Also on the portfolio page of an artist in the Galactorum, with the Collector there is an extra glyph before the mentioned O ISVI. That makes it F O ISVI (still doesn't make any sense)
    https://samerasmus.com/projects/58Y6vg?album_id=1339245

What's also interesting is that the first 'I' in F O ISVI, is smaller. Perhaps it is a different character?

Lastly I've updated the alphabet image. Hopefully someone can create a better one, with the same styling as the other characters

• Yes, in the UNITS FOR ISO, it does seem to be “T”s for Crazy Cottector' (instead of Collector).
    edited April 2020
    So I was looking at the Grandmaster's Dice, which seems to have 20 sides. I'm assuming all the glyphs on the dice are numeric values. I have added the glyphs to the alphabet image. I do think there are only 19 numbers as I think one number is twice on the dice (left on the backside, right on the front side):

I've also included the LL as the glyphs seems to be one whole glyph (but as mentioned before, could also be just 2 TT joined). Perhaps the logic of which number should be on a certain side on a 20 sided dice, can be used to determine the unknown numbers.

Just saw this in an old video of @RichTheMan (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV7YHYw5reA), which let me to an old tweet of MCOC:

It says:
    Beware
    The Power
    of the
    Universe'
    Ultimate
    Gamesman

Knordy said:

Just saw this in an old video of @RichTheMan (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV7YHYw5reA), which let me to an old tweet of MCOC:

It says:
    Beware
    The Power
    of the
    Universe'
    Ultimate
    Gamesman

Grandmaster most likely
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

So it's not an X but a K. It spells Kamil, a lead environment artist from Kabam, according to Gabriel Frizzera:
  • Did Gabe confirm that the video game says Kamil (reversed), or just that there is (and who) a Kamil working at Kabam ?

That letter on video game doesn’t exactly match the only other instance that has been shown for letter K (and K had been one of the last ones found). (earlier pic from prev page of thread)

Did Gabe confirm that the video game says Kamil (reversed), or just that there is (and who) a Kamil working at Kabam ?

That letter on video game doesn’t exactly match the only other instance that has been shown for letter K (and K had been one of the last ones found). (earlier pic from prev page of thread)

Yeah, I also found this a bit odd, but he writes it in his Tweet.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 925 ★★★
    This post is awesome, looking forward to the decoding of all images posted. Also great job by the game designers, simple yet entertaining stuff
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    A very enjoyable post!
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,649 ★★★★★
    I saw the title and thought someone was about to drop the hottest MCoC mixtape of all time smh