**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do AI Heavy Hits have Longer Reach since,...???

KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
edited April 2020 in General Discussion
Has anyone noticed that the AIs heavy attack seems to be extending further out than normal or maybe the timing has changed? Recently fought Gambit (Doombots too) in AQ & dashed back once like normal, but his heavy still hits me. (Doom has similar heavy to Gambit) Tried it w/lil bit diff timing & it happened again. I've randomly got hit where I normally could easily evade a heavy w/1 dash back. It's been awhile, but started for me after Dooms heavy slap was introduced & Mephistos Aura was expanded. Not saying I know its due to this,...just remembering when I noticed it & any AI changes made. Plz share if u've noticed this too, where & vs who? My timing could just be off as well bc think Dooms heavy is quicker & shorter than others. (Not taking about Doom Boss w/heavy unstoppable node)

Comments

• OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    No the Ai does not have a different reach than players it’s been discussed before
  • 4cyke4cyke Posts: 43

I've gotten clipped by the tech Doombot in AQ a few times, same as Civil Warrior/P2099 but this one gets me, never had a problem with the other two.

yeah, there's something about the dex window of techbot's heavy. it feel like the act5 p2099's heavy , not the normal ones'
  • Thechamp8556Thechamp8556 Posts: 33
    edited April 2020
    What I’ve noticed with the tech doom is the screen slants to give him that reach. He’s been clipping me even after I dash back because the screen slants.
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Heavy range has been 1000% extended !! How many changes is kabam going to silently make in order to suck more items ? Disgusting
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    I saw this the first time when I fought colossus in LOL. His heavy flew across the screen and hit me even tho I dashed back enough.
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    edited April 2020
    @shadow_lurker22 @SparkAlot @Avan_33 @Seraphion definitely sucks to get hit by a "traveling heavy" from across the screen or even after a couple dash backs. :blush: That's randomly happened forever. @Charnutz SPs too. Recently noticed more specifically vs Gambits, Doom/bots & other heavies now that seem to extend further than 1 dash back no matter when u time it. (Notice mostly in AQ bc fight them alot.)

@Tendersquad @4cyke @Thechamp8556 @AlphA101 @Stellan @ReallyYeah
    Good to know it's not just me & guess i gotta dash back twice. Tricky to do against the wall when passive/aggressive AI won't throw a damn SP in AQ. (feels like AIs on oscillate nodes) :neutral:
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    I noticed the tech doombot heavy has a long heavy reach than normal, no matter how I dash I have 50% chance to be clipped,and I don't face this issue with P2099 who he supposedly got his heavy from
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

@shadow_lurker22 @SparkAlot @Avan_33 @Seraphion definitely sucks to get hit by a "traveling heavy" from across the screen or even after a couple dash backs. :blush: That's randomly happened forever. @Charnutz SPs too. Recently noticed more specifically vs Gambits, Doom/bots & other heavies now that seem to extend further than 1 dash back no matter when u time it. (Notice mostly in AQ bc fight them alot.)

Good to know it's not just me & guess i gotta dash back twice. Tricky to do against the wall when passive/aggressive AI won't throw a damn SP in AQ. (feels like AIs on oscillate nodes) :neutral:

Apparently someone disagrees with you and think getting hit by a heavy all the way across the screen is actually awesome.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    ya i sometimes think its a glitch because ill be standing far away from them and i don't get hit and then when their playing aggressive their heavy has like a 500 ft reach
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229

Apparently someone disagrees with you and think getting hit by a heavy all the way across the screen is actually awesome.
    Thx 4 that, guess there's always someone to disagree, report, etc in forums. Lol