**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Alliance War Matchmaking unfair [Merged Threads]

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

So does it look like kabam changes matchmaking for 1 war to simply remove a specific alliance from top spot? That’s what it looks like to me, pretty damn shady if you ask me, regardless of wether they belonged there or not they were only playing under kabams flawed system.

Wait, you think kabam fixing the system because this joke alliance got 2nd last season despite not being a top 20 alliance is a BAD thing? are you joking? jeezes
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    When it screws the Season for a large number of people, absolutely.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★

A plat 1 level alliance finishing in plat 1 isn't screwing them.....
    Pretty sure their performance in the Season determines whether they're Plat 1 or not. Not who thinks they belong where based on their Alliance Rating.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Addyos said:

Pulyaman said:

I don't care either way how the matchmaking is done, if we get a tough war, we will tough it out. But the attitude of some of the players really disappoints me. I have been browsing the forums for the last 2 years and I have never seen a post about changing alliance war matchmaking to base on war rating.

You haven’t been paying much attention then. This post was active from February until April 21st, which was 2 days before this thread opened. Opened by Quikpik, who has made lengthy posts on this thread referring to this past post. Have a read.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/179826/flawed-match-making/p1
    Thanks for the info, will read it. As i said, most people don't really go into the game and analyse very deeply. I was on of those guys, My alliance does not moan if we get a tough match or take it easy on a easy one, just play to our best and leave the rest to the overlords and let the chips fall wherever.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Charnutz said:

The kabam employee has done a fine job distracting and "discussing" until everyone can lose focus on the topic at hand. I still want to know from a mod what's the deal? You made matchmaking for 1 single war based on war rating then instantly changed it back. Why?? What is the goal here?

Mod not gonna give you an answer. I asked the same two days ago my comment was deleted no warning no nothing just wiped clean. So basically kabam bowed down to the top players once again changed match making to make them happy but screw the rest of us. Shame on you kabam you are straight trash. You have always been this way the only difference is you dont own it. Just be honest you have prestige wars so lower players can advance quicker so they wont quit your game. Think about it if you started today how would you be able to catch up you wouldn't but if you were fighting folks of the same strength you couldlm
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

Markjv81 said:

So does it look like kabam changes matchmaking for 1 war to simply remove a specific alliance from top spot? That’s what it looks like to me, pretty damn shady if you ask me, regardless of wether they belonged there or not they were only playing under kabams flawed system.

Wait, you think kabam fixing the system because this joke alliance got 2nd last season despite not being a top 20 alliance is a BAD thing? are you joking? jeezes
    Nowhere did I say what you implied I did.

They haven’t “fixed” the system, they literally changed it for one war, won’t the same problem be back next season?
    Charnutz said:

DL864 said:

Charnutz said:

The kabam employee has done a fine job distracting and "discussing" until everyone can lose focus on the topic at hand. I still want to know from a mod what's the deal? You made matchmaking for 1 single war based on war rating then instantly changed it back. Why?? What is the goal here?

Mod not gonna give you an answer. I asked the same two days ago my comment was deleted no warning no nothing just wiped clean. So basically kabam bowed down to the top players once again changed match making to make them happy but screw the rest of us. Shame on you kabam you are straight trash. You have always been this way the only difference is you dont own it. Just be honest you have prestige wars so lower players can advance quicker so they wont quit your game. Think about it if you started today how would you be able to catch up you wouldn't but if you were fighting folks of the same strength you couldlm
    100% accurate. So we are pretty much paying so lower alliances can catch up. But you can't have a low alliance in top 20 so need to change war 1 time to drop them out. Ugh, this is so bad
    Exactly

Pretty sure their performance in the Season determines whether they're Plat 1 or not. Not who thinks they belong where based on their Alliance Rating.</blockquote

Pretty sure your history on this forum determines you're a troll

• Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 267 ★★★
    I guess it was too good to be true :/ Thinking they had fixed one of AW's major issues.

It also looks to me like the last 2 wars are back to Prestige. So I sent them a ticket, asking if indeed there had been only one War Rating War and if now we were back to Prestige Wars.

This was their auto bot response :/ So much for "transparency". Not at all answering my question and redirecting me to the forums ... Suggestions? I wasn't making any suggestions on my ticket! I wanted official information. Because what Kbm Miike posted here only seemed valid for a single war. And this thread keeps getting derailed from the core of the matter (what's new?).

But they want me on the forums, so I'll be one more to add that Prestige Wars suck! And they don't only affect Master and Plat. Gold is also inflated by several allis that are competing in the Prestige Bubble only. This a broken system and not fair in the spirit of a true competition in the slightest.

A suggestion?
    Fix it, please! It's clearly possible to do so. We all saw it done 3 wars ago.

Charnutz said:

My alliance is 38 mill, 10250 prestige stuck forever in gold 1 which is bs

Yeah sucks that 7k prestige alliance will be plat2 if not masters doesn't it. If you not at the top kabam dont care.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Charnutz said:

Is it back to prestige again? Had 1 war where widely different but the last 2 are similar.

Guys I’m trying to ask a question. You’re not going to convince each other and you’re drowning the thread.
    That's what the kabam employee is trying to do. He's literally the only one
    You will get a warning for this I bet. They dont joke around when you call him that.
    Source: me
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020

The last *several* seasons have been screwed up by prestige matching for higher prestige alliances. I can personally tell you my alliance was getting markedly higher rankings and better rewards before this all started. And here's the kicker...we've only grown stronger and more experienced. Yet are earning lower rewards than we were before because of all this. I really think that's the part you don't understand. It's not just a "well, good for them..the little guy is catching a break.." situation. This has affected 100s of mid level alliances who have been putting their time and effort into growing their alliances. And this is what they get for it? Not just the top alliances...hundreds of mid/upper mid level alliances were negatively affected by this.

There's only one of two possibilities for each and every case of lower prestige alliances who have been greatly favored by this system. They either know full well they are getting a huge advantage in a competitive game mode and are quietly enjoying it or they haven't even been playing war for long enough to even know that this was never how war used to work for majority of time the game mode was in existence. Not sure which is worse frankly.

For as long as I've been playing AW (way before seasons were a thing), before this all started, the system essentially always worked like this...
    You win a war, your next war will be slightly harder. You win that war, the next will be slightly harder yet...and so on. Finally you meet an alliance that is stronger than you (whether skill, roster or both) and your climb stops. You then get matched for a slightly easier war. Win and you'll have another opportunity to see if you're strong enough to keep moving up, lose and you'll drop down a notch in difficulty again. You end up right around where you belong in terms of ability to win a war (by skill, roster or both).

This is no longer the case in prestige based matching. It's created situations where alliances can go on winning or losing indefinitely. Lower prestige alliances keep receiving favorable matches no matter how far they climb.While higher prestige alliances can keep matching stronger alliances, again and again with no reduction in difficulty no matter how many times they lose.
  • NaTiSaAdNaTiSaAd Posts: 61

Alliance Wars are not solely based on any one factor, but you will be matched with Alliances near your War Rating. This is a performance-based rating that changes with your Alliance's wins and losses. Alliance Rating can be manipulated, so is not a good matchmaking comparison.

We are continuing to work to improve our matchmaking parameters with every Season and even in between. Some Wars will be more difficult than others, but if you want to climb to the top, you're going to have to earn your spot!

So much for being matched with someone near our war rating. I wouldn’t call a 483 point difference near. Thanks for all you do.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    NaTiSaAd said:

Alliance Wars are not solely based on any one factor, but you will be matched with Alliances near your War Rating. This is a performance-based rating that changes with your Alliance's wins and losses. Alliance Rating can be manipulated, so is not a good matchmaking comparison.

We are continuing to work to improve our matchmaking parameters with every Season and even in between. Some Wars will be more difficult than others, but if you want to climb to the top, you're going to have to earn your spot!

So much for being matched with someone near our war rating. I wouldn’t call a 483 point difference near. Thanks for all you do.
    Always far more likely to have mismatches with 2bg wars. It's been that way even before they started tinkering with matching so much
  • Taiphoon_zeroTaiphoon_zero Posts: 110
    @Kabam Miike u better get you * here and respond to community what is going on , how long alliances with 35mln rtaing have to be stacked in gold 1 , u punishing them for having a better roaster, do something ,why u bring back this prestige wars, prestige is for aq , grow up company , there is zero fair play at the moment , the most shady content i ever enconuter in any games, no logic no spirit of the game , i'ts crazy we even have this situation
    edited April 2020

The last *several* seasons have been screwed up by prestige matching for higher prestige alliances. I can personally tell you my alliance was getting markedly higher rankings and better rewards before this all started. And here's the kicker...we've only grown stronger and more experienced. Yet are earning lower rewards than we were before because of all this. I really think that's the part you don't understand. It's not just a "well, good for them..the little guy is catching a break.." situation. This has affected 100s of mid level alliances who have been putting their time and effort into growing their alliances. And this is what they get for it? Not just the top alliances...hundreds of mid/upper mid level alliances were negatively affected by this.

There's only one of two possibilities for each and every case of lower prestige alliances who have been greatly favored by this system. They either know full well they are getting a huge advantage in a competitive game mode and are quietly enjoying it or they haven't even been playing war for long enough to even know that this was never how war used to work for majority of time the game mode was in existence. Not sure which is worse frankly.

For as long as I've been playing AW (way before seasons were a thing), before this all started, the system essentially always worked like this...
    You win a war, your next war will be slightly harder. You win that war, the next will be slightly harder yet...and so on. Finally you meet an alliance that is stronger than you (whether skill, roster or both) and your climb stops. You then get matched for a slightly easier war. Win and you'll have another opportunity to see if you're strong enough to keep moving up, lose and you'll drop down a notch in difficulty again. You end up right around where you belong in terms of ability to win a war (by skill, roster or both).

This is no longer the case in prestige based matching. It's created situations where alliances can go on winning or losing indefinitely. Lower prestige alliances keep receiving favorable matches no matter how far they climb.While higher prestige alliances can keep matching stronger alliances, again and again with no reduction in difficulty no matter how many times they lose.
    I don't even know where to start with this. People aren't taking advantage of anything. They're not being favored. They're playing the Wars they're Matching. They're playing fairly and winning fairly. What they're not doing is Tanking so they can boost themselves in the Rankings at the expense of the system and the other Allies. What you aren't acknowledging is no one goes on winning forever. Allies grow as they progress. Their Accounts advance and their Prestige increases in turn. That's a bonafide measure of progress.
    Nor do I think the fact that "this is how it's always been" is a justification for an unfair system. That's how it used to be before people ruined it. That's how it was before Seasons existed and Points were enmeshed into War Rating and affected by progress made or lost in the Off-Season. Now what we have is a competition from start to finish, start of the Season to the end, which measures progressive and constant Points accumulation. You earn what you make from start to finish. Disrupting that with Matches that are unwinnable is not a fair system. No matter how much you claim higher Alliances are affected by not getting to Tank.
    As for the idea of it being easier for Alliances lower down, it's not that much easier. Even if that's the case, isn't it how a game is supposed to go? More progress in the beginning, a plateau mid-way up, and the slowest progress at the top? At least that's how it works in any other game I've played. "We have more, we should get more." isn't a system that is fair or progressive. It's a stalemate. It keeps the top on top, and no one else gets past a certain point. Sorry, the rest I just disagree with. It hasn't negatively affected mid-higher. They're getting what they put into their own Matches. Absence of a manipulated system means no one is a victim. Not without further targeting like we have going on now, which is why I'm so disgusted with it. It's not enough to earn what people earn. They have to worry about everyone else's plate.
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★

Ugh, the matchmaking system has been **** all high prestige alliances the last 8 seasons you dipshit. As a top 20 aq alliance I fight 10.7-11.2 prestige alliances the whole time and we never lose more than 45 attack bonus in total. We win most but lose some too so how on earth is it fair that lower prestige alliances that constantly lose 70-100 AB on much simpler defenses are above us in the rankings when they all got their asses handed to them that 1 war we actually faced them (none of them won, NONE)
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★

I don't even know where to start with this. People aren't taking advantage of anything. They're not being favored. They're playing the Wars they're Matching. They're playing fairly and winning fairly. What they're not doing is Tanking so they can boost themselves in the Rankings at the expense of the system and the other Allies. What you aren't acknowledging is no one goes on winning forever. Allies grow as they progress. Their Accounts advance and their Prestige increases in turn. That's a bonafide measure of progress.
    Nor do I think the fact that "this is how it's always been" is a justification for an unfair system. That's how it used to be before people ruined it. That's how it was before Seasons existed and Points were enmeshed into War Rating and affected by progress made or lost in the Off-Season. Now what we have is a competition from start to finish, start of the Season to the end, which measures progressive and constant Points accumulation. You earn what you make from start to finish. Disrupting that with Matches that are unwinnable is not a fair system. No matter how much you claim higher Alliances are affected by not getting to Tank.
    As for the idea of it being easier for Alliances lower down, it's not that much easier. Even if that's the case, isn't it how a game is supposed to go? More progress in the beginning, a plateau mid-way up, and the slowest progress at the top? At least that's how it works in any other game I've played. "We have more, we should get more." isn't a system that is fair or progressive. It's a stalemate. It keeps the top on top, and no one else gets past a certain point. Sorry, the rest I just disagree with. It hasn't negatively affected mid-higher. They're getting what they put into their own Matches. Absence of a manipulated system means no one is a victim. Not without further targeting like we have going on now, which is why I'm so disgusted with it. It's not enough to earn what people earn. They have to worry about everyone else's plate.
    You’re possibly the most deluded individual I’ve ever had the pleasure to converse with. There is no possible way you actually believe what you’re saying.
    If you’re an alliance in a competitive system with other alliances there should be no complaints if you’re facing another alliance in that same division.
    If the other team is of a similar war rating and similar win loss with the same multiplier why should they not be matched?

The system is the same for everyone, what you want is seperate systems for separate progression yet award the same prizes.
    No matter how you try to spin it that is favouritism and may as well be a handout.
    This happens nowhere in any sport or competitive game I’ve ever played or been a part of.

Usually you’re frustrating but Atleast I can see you’re making an intelligent argument, right now the argument you’re putting forward sounds petulant and moronic.

Every alliance is competing for the same prize so every alliance should be available to play another if they are in the same bracket and of a similar rating.
    That’s it, end of.
    No special treatment because you’re new and no seperate bracket because someone has a better roster.
    Want to earn it like you say? Go out and beat the best playing.
    If you can’t? Then get to grinding like everyone else had to
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited April 2020
    If things keep going this way, soon we will have participation trophies to make things “fair”.

Seriously, it is like the Special Olympics winners are getting World Champion Titles while regular Olympians get snubbed for coming in 2nd place in a much harder field of opponents.

Then you have Groundedwisdom saying the Special Olympians won their matches, so they deserve the position amongst the regular Olympians that train hard all year to compete at the hardest levels.

@Kabam Miike if this keeps up, Kabam officially killed AW Seasons for good. Kabam needs to come up with divisions based on Prestige with adequate rewards reflective of the difficulty. This one-size-fits-all AW Season thing based on Prestige matchmaking is going to cause a slow death. It was the only part of the game high-end and middle alliances actively compete in.

Otherwise, I should take my 2M+ roster and join a 7000 Prestige Plat 1 Alliance and get a chance at Master Rewards. You know, use “Sports Enhancement” methods because a system allows it. Isn’t that called exploiting and is frowned upon?
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    Just give me an item that takes all the sigs I put in high prestige champs back so I can join noname and have itemless wars cause based on the defense of them that’s what it would be for me
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Das_gi said:

Just give me an item that takes all the sigs I put in high prestige champs back so I can join noname and have itemless wars cause based on the defense of them that’s what it would be for me

Actually, you may have enough lower prestige members that you can keep your high prestige. They just need to make sure to not increase their Prestige too much by accepting too many high prestige accounts.
  • Ggeorg10Ggeorg10 Posts: 46
    War Rating flat and nothing else!

My alliance already for 5 seasons now turned to AQ focused only because off the current awful matchmaking system...

But the AQ is little boring so every season members quit the game...

We like to participate seriously AW again but only with fair matchmaking system that doesn't punish us because we made progress.

Okey for 5-6 wars the little alliances maybe has difficult wars! After that period everything should be perfect for everyone!
    Competitive Wars and right rewards for everyone!

Sorry for bad English!!!
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    Quite right in what you're saying about high and low prestige.
    We had 9 higher prestige guys, 9-10k all skilled players. 3 in each BG and they would typically take 10 or 11 fights and the most difficult paths each war. They would be using plenty of items but rarely lost an attack bonus.
    The low prestige, lower skilled guys would always get the easy paths and only 2 or 3 fights.
    Load your defence so the weak defenders from the low rated guys are on nodes that rarely get kills regardless of what is placed on them.
    And there you have it, the recipe for finishing in Platinum well above alliances that would beat you if you ever matched them.
    I've finished in Platinum a couple of times in an alliance where probably a third of them still can't beat imiw. Madness.
This discussion has been closed.